We need to talk about Donald: cursing and swearing allowed

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: We need to talk about Donald: cursing and swearing allow

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:50 am

Lo, and it did come to pass as foretold in the Book of Ely.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:46 am

pErvin wrote:I came to the conclusion today that we are at the beginning of the end of our social systems. I think the collapse has begun and we are in the early stages of a slow(ish) revolution. I'm not sure which way the revolution will end up (i.e. right vs left), but when you consider Brexit and Trump, and all the other ancillary anti-establishment events around the world, I think it's apparent that the breakdown of society has started.
Could be, but historically speaking social turmoil has always had its ups and downs. 1917-19 and 1966-69 come to mind. The fascist takeovers between 1922 and 1933 in Italy, Germany and Spain were not to be sneezed at either, particularly since there was significant sympathy for them in other nations as well.

Eventually, the capitalist system will collapse on a global scale. Its inherent dynamics make that inevitable. Whether the collapse results in something akin to Animal Farm or 1984 or something else is anybody's guess. And so is how close we are to it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:33 pm

pErvin wrote:I came to the conclusion today that we are at the beginning of the end of our social systems. I think the collapse has begun and we are in the early stages of a slow(ish) revolution. I'm not sure which way the revolution will end up (i.e. right vs left), but when you consider Brexit and Trump, and all the other ancillary anti-establishment events around the world, I think it's apparent that the breakdown of society has started.
It just feels that way because you're programming.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:59 pm

I can often remember that feeling when I was programming.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:59 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
It just feels that way because you're programming.
:lol: Probably.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:40 pm

Animavore wrote:Love Trumpazee logic.

Kneeling for anthem = anti-American.
Waving Nazi flags = free speech.
Yup, unpatriotic and then Goddard's rule. Trump wins lol
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:09 pm

Tyrannical wrote:

Fortunately, Trump is more active playing golf than implementing his policy promises. I hope he won't be impeached. Pence is bound to be more effective. Either way, Trump will be gone at the end of the current presidential term. He will be remembered as "a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. [...] an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Come 2021, the neoliberal fuckwits will be back at the wheel in the USA. No matter. The winners are always the same: Goldman Sachs & Co. Don't you worry your pretty head about it, though. The billionaires always ensure that their useful idiots feel good by throwing buckets of potato peels at them in their pigsties.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:49 pm

Hermit wrote:
Tyrannical wrote:

Fortunately, Trump is more active playing golf than implementing his policy promises. I hope he won't be impeached. Pence is bound to be more effective. Either way, Trump will be gone at the end of the current presidential term. He will be remembered as "a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. [...] an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Come 2021, the neoliberal fuckwits will be back at the wheel in the USA. No matter. The winners are always the same: Goldman Sachs & Co. Don't you worry your pretty head about it, though. The billionaires always ensure that their useful idiots feel good by throwing buckets of potato peels at them in their pigsties.

LOL
:fix:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:55 pm

lol

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:39 pm

This is going really swell. The majority of public events by the end of 2019 if he is still president will be anti-Trump rallies. american flags made in China and Vietnam will be burned routinely. Trump hats will be burned at outdoor events.

The national anthem and the pledge of allegiance will not recover from the Trump taint until about 2022.

All going according to plan now.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:28 pm

And, of course, you can find a Tweet of Trump being a massive hypocrite.

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:29 pm

Priorities; has Trump even got 'em?

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:49 am

Like father like son.

devogue

Post by devogue » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:23 am

Hermit wrote:
Tyrannical wrote:

A depressingly sound analysis.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:02 pm

It's gotten to the stage where he can't sink any lower. Instead he's just wriggling around the bottom.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ssive-debt