"Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Re: "Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by Jason » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:19 pm

NineBerry wrote:You should read some history books to learn what real Nazis behave like.
Commit to unilateral action contrary to human rights (as we have them today) in a social purge?

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:29 pm

Śiva wrote:If it's not undertaken under the purview of law it's by definition arbitrary. No fail. Also "nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation" is not a contingent clause.

They may salute, carry the flags, and be rabid racists, but your side is the one acting like real Nazis.
Wow! Into the ignore list you go with all the other sympathisers.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:29 pm

Śiva wrote:
NineBerry wrote:You should read some history books to learn what real Nazis behave like.
Commit to unilateral action contrary to human rights (as we have them today) in a social purge?

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:31 pm

Animavore wrote:
Śiva wrote:If it's not undertaken under the purview of law it's by definition arbitrary. No fail. Also "nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation" is not a contingent clause.

They may salute, carry the flags, and be rabid racists, but your side is the one acting like real Nazis.
Wow! Into the ignore list you go with all the other sympathisers.
:lol: I'll miss you ani.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:37 pm

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:40 pm

Yeah. Fuck nuance. If you support the universality of human rights, you're not just WRONG you're a NAZI.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:42 pm

I'm sure it wasn't by reporting to employers what some of their employees are getting up to.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:43 pm

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:45 pm

Animavore wrote:
I'm sure it wasn't by reporting to employers what some of their employees are getting up to.
Actually... homosexuals were regularly persecuted in just that way. Before they started just exterminating them. Perhaps you ought to read some history books.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:48 pm

Śiva wrote:
Animavore wrote:
Actually... homosexuals were regularly persecuted in just that way. Before they started just exterminating them. Perhaps you ought to read some history books.
Yes, we were treated that way. But not specifically by Nazis. All western societies did that until recently. Putting homosexuals into concentration camps was a speciality of the Nazis (And the Soviets under Stalin).

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:33 pm

:thinks: I'm wondering if this is an example of massed 'passive violence' and therefore something that we should deplore.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:47 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
:thinks: I'm wondering if this is an example of massed 'passive violence' and therefore something that we should deplore.
It's a nuanced question for sure. Are they attempting to deny the 'free speech' demonstrators their right to free assembly? If they are then their own assembly is unlawful.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:14 pm

If they arrived geared up like this, I'd think it might be a clue.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:22 am

Śiva wrote:I hate the be that guy that advocates for human rights and interferes with your fun but:
Universal Declaration of Human Rights wrote:Article 12.

No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.
Putting a name to a face of a participant in a public event is not "arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence". As for "attacks upon his honour and reputation", I don't think that happened either. Jerrod Kuhn succeeded in nixing both his honour and reputation all on his own - assuming he had any to begin with - by dressing like the rest of that fascist mob, chanting anti-Jewish slogans along with it, marching with it and carrying Tiki torches just like those losers. His story that he is not a fascist does not wash. He just quacked too much like a duck not to be one. Apparently he was a prolific quacker at the Daily Stormer too.

Sure, his (and their) activities fall under the rubric of freedom of expression. People need to remain aware that they are not only free to engage in them, but they are also responsible for having done so. And when they are done in public, there is no issue concerning interference with privacy.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:49 am

Hermit wrote:
Śiva wrote:I hate the be that guy that advocates for human rights and interferes with your fun but:
Universal Declaration of Human Rights wrote:Article 12.

No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.
Putting a name to a face of a participant in a public event is not "arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence". As for "attacks upon his honour and reputation", I don't think that happened either. Jerrod Kuhn succeeded in nixing both his honour and reputation all on his own - assuming he had any to begin with - by dressing like the rest of that fascist mob, chanting anti-Jewish slogans along with it, marching with it and carrying Tiki torches just like those losers. His story that he is not a fascist does not wash. He just quacked too much like a duck not to be one. Apparently he was a prolific quacker at the Daily Stormer too.

Sure, his (and their) activities fall under the rubric of freedom of expression. People need to remain aware that they are not only free to engage in them, but they are also responsible for having done so. And when they are done in public, there is no issue concerning interference with privacy.
Interesting point, not sure it's correct though.

In any case, they (the people doing this naming and shaming) are accepting names from the crowd of people who were not at this rally, but are submitted as being Nazis, KKK, racists, or whatever, delving into their private lives, 'outing' them to their employers, friends, and families. Basically doing everything specifically contravened by article 12.