"Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Re: "Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by Rum » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:58 pm

Non-sequitur?

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:16 pm

The percentage of the American population that gives a single fuck about the alt right or loony left or confederate monuments or BLM or Nebraska pipelines or White Supremacy is far, far smaller than the media makes it out to be. I don't know a single person, on either "side" of the issues, who can be arsed to carry signs or protest, because those people are doing things like working for a living, mowing the lawn, or perhaps (in my case) drinking a beer and practicing not giving a fuck.

But but but LOOK at those pictures! LOOK at all those people in the streets! Wow, 10,000 or so folks out of a city with a population of damn near 5,000,000. That makes 4,980,000 people who didn't march. Now some of those people might give some a portion of a fuck, but not enough to actually get off their asses, turn off the TV, and go man the barricades. They'll content themselves with liking George Takei FB posts, posting vacuous memes, and writing snarky Twitter thingys. They, like most armchair activists, won't accomplish diddly and can be safely ignored. As for the rest, let 'em march. You GO, Warrior!

Some of y'all here are living in a Mass Hysteria Bubble. For a discussion of MHBs follow this link to Scott Adams blog (guy who writes the Dilbert comic strip). I found it amusing, illuminating, and quite true.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1642976286 ... ria-bubble
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:24 pm

It's a bit rich a person who advocates inaction on climate change because he thinks the economy is more important because he has a True Belief in free market capitalism lecturing on cognitive dissonance.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:25 pm

I don't know why they allow marches and counter-marches on the same day at the same place.

Let the fascists march one day, and the commies march the next day somewhere else. It's still free speech.
Maybe they do have some system, but it gets ignored.

On the rights and wrongs, I don't like either side particularly, but it's the commies who smash the place up and do the looting. So they are worse, in my estimation.
Of course, for a lot of them, that's the only thing that gets them off their ass, the chance of a free looted tv.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:26 pm

It's all manufactured hype.

Iconoclasm is in vogue now. The Muslims aren't so bad. They tear down Buddhas and images of Mohamet -- we tear down old statues of guys most Americans are oblivious to. The percentage of Americans who know who Jefferson Davis was is probably lower than the percentage who know who represents them in Congress. And, that's very small.

But, on the substance of the issue of monuments - overall, I think the government should not be putting up any monuments, or paying for them. If private group want monuments on private property, then fine. A courthouse should have no monuments on it. Just do your jobs.

So, move the monuments out of there. Sell them to interested persons. But, don't put any new ones up, not on government property. I'm not sure what we can do about Washington DC, but the cat's already out of that bag. Just stop it with the expensive monuments on government property honoring this person or that person.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

laklak

Post by laklak » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:15 pm

Fuck, the percentage of Americans who can place the Civil War in the correct century is probably well under 25%. They don't have a fucking clue what they're protesting, they're just making hooting and chattering monkey noises because they see other monkeys doing it. That goes for ALL of them, they're all ignorant asshats. The sooner we get rid of this ridiculous universal suffrage nonsense the better.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:44 pm

laklak wrote:Fuck, the percentage of Americans who can place the Civil War in the correct century is probably well under 25%. They don't have a fucking clue what they're protesting, they're just making hooting and chattering monkey noises because they see other monkeys doing it. That goes for ALL of them, they're all ignorant asshats. The sooner we get rid of this ridiculous universal suffrage nonsense the better.
The north was populated by people without racist bones in their bodies. Like 19th and 18th century European nations, the populations of the northern states had full equality of Africans, to the point of letting their daughters date black guys. In Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri and West Virginia, the slaveholding populations were nevertheless not racist, even though those slave states stayed in the union. Slave states, fighting for the freedom of their slaves against the seceded southern states which was apparently preventing the five border states from freeing their slaves. And, when Lincoln emancipated the slaves, he carefully let the union slave states keep their slaves, while freeing the slaves who were in states that had seceded.

Lincoln also stated, in one of the famous Lincoln-Douglas debates, that he was in favor of white supremacy over the negro race, and that he would never let them vote or serve on juries and such.

That's why left wing media outlets aren't stopping at Confederate monuments.
We need to purge the United States of any monuments to famous white guys.
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/cultu ... t-rushmore

Let's blow up Mt. Rushmore, said Vice, living up to the new iconoclasm of the American left. Maybe we can just rename the Washington Monument, since it's just an pointed tower. But, the Lincoln Memorial, the Jefferson Memorial, as well as Mt. Vernon and Monticello - these places have to go.

Trump proves himself right again, when he said that the left isn't going to stop at Confederates like Jefferson Davis and Robert E. Lee. They'll press on to the 18th century founding fathers, too.

Me? I'm going after the statues of Leopold II of Belgium in Brussels, Genghis Khan in Mongolia, Julius Caesar, and, of course, it's time to blow up Buckingham Palace, and the colonialism that it stands for!
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:44 pm

laklak wrote:Fuck, the percentage of Americans who can place the Civil War in the correct century is probably well under 25%. They don't have a fucking clue what they're protesting, they're just making hooting and chattering monkey noises because they see other monkeys doing it. That goes for ALL of them, they're all ignorant asshats. The sooner we get rid of this ridiculous universal suffrage nonsense the better.
The north was populated by people without racist bones in their bodies. Like 19th and 18th century European nations, the populations of the northern states had full equality of Africans, to the point of letting their daughters date black guys. In Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri and West Virginia, the slaveholding populations were nevertheless not racist, even though those slave states stayed in the union. Slave states, fighting for the freedom of their slaves against the seceded southern states which was apparently preventing the five border states from freeing their slaves. And, when Lincoln emancipated the slaves, he carefully let the union slave states keep their slaves, while freeing the slaves who were in states that had seceded.

Lincoln also stated, in one of the famous Lincoln-Douglas debates, that he was in favor of white supremacy over the negro race, and that he would never let them vote or serve on juries and such.

That's why left wing media outlets aren't stopping at Confederate monuments.
We need to purge the United States of any monuments to famous white guys.
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/cultu ... t-rushmore

Let's blow up Mt. Rushmore, said Vice, living up to the new iconoclasm of the American left. Maybe we can just rename the Washington Monument, since it's just an pointed tower. But, the Lincoln Memorial, the Jefferson Memorial, as well as Mt. Vernon and Monticello - these places have to go.

Trump proves himself right again, when he said that the left isn't going to stop at Confederates like Jefferson Davis and Robert E. Lee. They'll press on to the 18th century founding fathers, too.

Me? I'm going after the statues of Leopold II of Belgium in Brussels, Genghis Khan in Mongolia, Julius Caesar, and, of course, it's time to blow up Buckingham Palace, and the colonialism that it stands for!

laklak

Post by laklak » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:46 pm

I'm going to live on a boat and drink rum all day.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:54 pm

Forty Two wrote: Maybe we can just rename the Washington Monument, since it's just an pointed tower.
Leave a monument standing to the white phallocracy standing? You need to check your privilege.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:56 pm

And, the "White" House? Coincidence? I don't think so.

And, also, we need to ban the movie The Big Lebowski. As awesome as it is, unless they edit it to have him drink Multicultural Russians, I'm boycotting it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:21 pm

Forty Two wrote:it's time to blow up Buckingham Palace
I'm with you on that one if you give me a two-for-one deal with the Strayan parliament.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

laklak

Post by laklak » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:38 pm

Śiva wrote:
Forty Two wrote: Maybe we can just rename the Washington Monument, since it's just an pointed tower.
Leave a monument standing to the white phallocracy standing? You need to check your privilege.
How about we paint it black? Black as night, black a coal. Paint it paint it paint it, paint it black.

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:46 pm

Americans are just namby pamby compared to the real thing.

You think they've got fascists? A real fascist would laugh at their childish attempts at fascing.
Six million jews and twenty million Russians. That's PROPER fascism.
And American commies would be a joke to Stalin or Pol Pot.

They're just playing at politics. Don't deserve to be called fascists or reds. Amateurs.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:11 pm

mistermack wrote:Americans are just namby pamby compared to the real thing.

You think they've got fascists? A real fascist would laugh at their childish attempts at fascing.
Six million jews and twenty million Russians. That's PROPER fascism.
And American commies would be a joke to Stalin or Pol Pot.

They're just playing at politics. Don't deserve to be called fascists or reds. Amateurs.
Yeah, we've got these "real" communists here. The ones that are all hugs and free lunches.

And, the fascists here are more fashion than substance. Fashionists. They like to march and scowl, but there isn't much bite in their bark.