"Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: "Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:48 pm

Won't somebody think of freedum?!

First they came for the Nazis, and I did nothing...
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:17 am

Now this. This is delicious. Staff walkout after they find out owner donated to David Duke forcing the bar to close.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/staff-w ... supporter/
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:35 pm

An informative article about information gleaned from sifting through pre-Charlottesville alt-right communications.

'White Supremacists Joked About Using Cars to Run Over Opponents Before Charlottesville'
Nearly a month before a car driven by an alleged neo-Nazi plowed into counter-protesters in Charlottesville, Virginia, on Aug. 12, white supremacists planning the “Unite the Right” rally joked about using vehicles to run over their opponents.

That message and thousands of other conversations among white supremacists were leaked from a chat app called Discord and posted on the website of a left-wing media collective called Unicorn Riot. Many users’ participation could not be verified, but ProPublica was able to confirm that two people whose statements were included in the leaked trove made the comments attributed to them.

The pre-Charlottesville chats include discussions of potential violence, the use of weapons, and excitement at the prospect of “fighting for the white race.”

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:48 pm

It's their right under God and the constitution to plan mass murder. Freedum is sacred.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:27 pm

Animavore wrote:Now this. This is delicious. Staff walkout after they find out owner donated to David Duke forcing the bar to close.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/staff-w ... supporter/
Good for the staff of that bar! Way to put their money where there mouths are, and exercise their freedom of speech and freedom of association. :tup:
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:30 pm

pErvin wrote:It's their right under God and the constitution to plan mass murder. Freedum is sacred.
Quite possibly a RICO action there, and/or otherwise conspiracy to commit murder. All depends on the specific facts. I haven't read the details, and I don't trust most, if any, media/journalists/bloggers to report something like this accurately, but there is no right to conspire to commit murder - an overt act toward the commission of the crime takes it outside of freedom of speech. However, mere talk is not a crime, like when people chat about how great it would be for Trump to be assassinated, or to speculate about the best ways for doing it - that's not a crime, and they do have every right to chat about that stuff. But, if they start buying equipment to do it, or start hiring people to participate, or start drawing up plans to do X, Y or Z, then such an overt act makes it criminal.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:31 am

But what about freedum?

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:01 am

It's the soul's right to breathe. When it cannot take a long breath, laws are girded too tight. Without it, my friend, man is a syncope. Henry Ward Beacher

Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves. Abraham Lincoln

If liberty means anything, it means the right to tell others what they don't want to hear. George Orwell.

My definition of a free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular. Adlai Stephenson

Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech. Benjamin Franklin,

What do you mean "but what about freedum?" Are you implying that anyone who values freedom ought to be opposed to criminal laws prohibiting conspiracies to commit murder? If not, what are you saying?

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:05 am

So true.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:07 am

So it's the act of buying equipment which moves something from free speech to criminal territory? Sounds like a pretty arbitrary philosophy you've got there. What if they already have the equipment in normal everyday life (like axes, hammers, cars, and in the US - guns)? Why is it free speech to say that you want all black people dead, but not free speech if you say we should run over black people with our car?

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:08 am

Animavore wrote:
So true.
Yes, but these neo-Nazis are sensitive souls.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:10 am

I was actually tempted to correct the grammatical errors of that meme.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:31 pm

Army members held on suspicion of belonging to banned UK neo-Nazi group

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... _clipboard
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:28 am

According to this piece, the hard core white supremacist alt-right might be losing some of their 4chan fanboys, due to the violence and death at Charlottesville. I'm not convinced--in my experience the dedicated 4chan culture actually doesn't abhor violence in the real world. Some other elements may peel off, though. Anyway, I think it's an interesting read, as is the linked 'Goodbye, Pepe' piece.

"Was Charlottesville a Turning Point for the 'Alt-Right'?"
The journalist Angela Nagle spent years on some of the most transgressive fringes of the web to write Kill All the Normies: Online Culture Wars From 4Chan and Tumblr to Trump and the Alt-Right. Her book traces the alt-right from its origins in an irony-laced digital counterculture of “shitposters” and trolls to the role it played in 2016, when antagonism to PC culture helped its members to unite around Donald Trump.

In an interview on Ezra Klein’s consistently worthwhile podcast and a recent article, “Goodbye Pepe,” published at The Baffler, she discussed her book-length analysis of that trajectory. She argued that the alt-right subculture that she has observed for so long and described in such painstakingly reported detail may no longer exist––that it seems to have changed irrevocably after the parade of Nazis and the killing of an anti-racist protester in Charlottesville, Virginia.

... Charlottesville was clarifying for the less extreme element on the alt-right. “The vast majority of the people who seem to be making up the bulk of this online are not willing to go that far,” Nagle wrote, “not even close. And so it’s made it all very real. All the different groups around the hard core of the alt-right kind of peeled off. They’ve all denounced the alt right, they don’t want to be associated with them.”

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:04 pm