"Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Re: "Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:51 pm

Another attack on free speech:

'Twitter Bans Some White Supremacists, Who Flee to Safe Space'
Twitter has begun mass suspending accounts belonging to white supremacists and hate groups as changes to the platform's policies take effect today.

Far-right U.K. political group Britain First was one of the first accounts to be suspended, along with its affiliates including Paul Golding and Jayda Fransen. Three of Fransen's anti-Muslim viral video tweets, one of which featured a Dutch boy in the Netherlands falsely identified as a “migrant,” were recently retweeted by Trump.

White nationalist Jared Taylor and his site, American Resistance, are also some of the early casualties of Twitter’s new anti-hate rules, along with fellow white nationalists Hunter Wallace and the Traditionalist Workers Party. The Traditionalist Workers Party is an organization co-founded by neo-Nazi Tony Hovater, who was recently profiled by the New York Times to substantial backlash.

On Sunday, fear spread among the white nationalist community that Twitter suspensions were imminent. Many began tweeting with the hashtag #TwitterPurge and encouraging followers to find them on Gab.ai, a far-right Twitter clone that once wrote “If you are straight, white, Christian, Republican, anti-PC, libertarian, conservative; to Silicon Valley: you are the enemy” in a press release.

Taylor joined Gab on Sunday posting, "I am grateful to have a platform that does not believe in censorship. I look forward to posting in a community that actually exercises free speech -- a rarity today in what used to be called "the land of the free and the home of the brave."

Supporters of white supremacists who have so far escaped the ban themselves have been tweeting out the letter "F" to pay homage to their fallen comrades. As The Hill's Will Sommer points out, "Press F to pay respects" is a reference to a scene in the video game Call of Duty where the player must press the "F" button to pay respects at a military funeral.

Users on Gab have been furiously posting that Twitter is silencing free speech by curbing hate speech, racism, and threats of violence. They have also been claiming that the platform is perpetuating "reverse racism.”

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:14 am

Poor snowflakes.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:40 am

It's good they have somewhere to fester privately...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:13 pm

The style guide for that festering pit of hate and bigotry 'The Daily Stormer' was obtained by a journalist. Fun stuff. :ani:

'The Daily Stormer's Playbook to Turn People into Nazis Explains the Alt-Right'
The alt-right. White supremacists. Nazis. Guys with Pepe the frog pictures as their avatars on Twitter. Whatever you want to call them, these figures have become a major part of the American political conversation these days. Their mix of irony, Internet memes, and horrific racism is so common and uniform that it almost seems like it's almost an organized plan. Like it was someone's bright idea to present hateful Nazi views in this manner.

Well, thanks to Ashley Feinberg at The Huffington Post, we now know that it was an organized plan and it is someone's idea. Feinberg got her hands on the style guide for noted white supremacy website The Daily Stormer and it is a harrowing read.

Aside from the things you'd expect `to find in a website's style guide (insert "grammar nazi" joke here), the guide also includes what can only be described as strategy. Strategy for winning the hearts and minds of a new generation of young people.
Lulz

The tone of the site should be light. Most people are not comfortable with material that comes across as vitriolic, raging, nonironic hatred.The unindoctrinated should not be able to tell if we are joking or not. There should also be a conscious awareness of mocking stereotypes of hateful racists. I usually think of this as self-deprecating humor

I am a racist making fun of stereotype of racists, because I don't take myself super-seriously.

This is obviously a ploy and I actually do want to gas kikes. But that's neither here nor there.
Yeah, that terrible, awful "I'm just joking, why are you getting so mad?" tone they use? That's by design. But there it is, in black and white—"this is obviously a ploy." The goal is to make their feelings of hatred more palatable to people by disguising it with humor. It creates an acceptable on-ramp to white supremacy. Someone starts by laughing at the racist "jokes," then they begin making racist "jokes," and then, before they know it, they'll feel comfortable believing the things that they're making jokes about.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:42 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:28 pm

Festering pustule found on Amtrak train:

'FBI accuses white supremacist of terror attack on Amtrak train in rural Nebraska'
The FBI says an armed 26-year-old Missouri man who breached a secured area to stop an Amtrak train in southwest Nebraska in October has links to a white supremacist group and expressed an interest in "killing black people," according to court documents unsealed Wednesday.

Taylor Michael Wilson, of St. Charles, Missouri, is charged in U.S. District Court in Lincoln with terrorism attacks and other violence against railroad carriers and mass transportation systems.

In an affidavit attached to the criminal complaint, FBI Special Agent Monte Czaplewski said there was probable cause to believe that electronic devices possessed by Wilson and firearms owned by him "have been used for or obtained in anticipation of engaging in or planning to engage in criminal offenses against the United States."

... FBI agents searched Wilson's home in Missouri and found a hidden compartment with a handmade shield, as well as: "a tactical vest, 11 AR-15 (rifle) ammunition magazines with approximately 190 rounds of .223 ammunition, one drum-style ammunition magazine for a rifle, firearms tactical accessories (lights), 100 rounds of 9 mm ammunition, approximately 840 rounds of 5.45x39 rifle ammunition, white supremacy documents and paperwork, several additional handgun and rifle magazines, gunpowder, ammunition-reloading supplies, and a pressure plate."

[Czaplewski] said an acquaintance contacted by the FBI said that Wilson had been acting strange since June and had joined an "alt-right" neo-Nazi group that he found while researching white supremacy forums online.

Czaplewski said agents believe Wilson had traveled with members of the group to the Unite the Right rally at Charlottesville, Virginia, in August, where a woman was killed and 19 injured when a man used his vehicle to ram a crowd of counter-protesters.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:48 pm

A 'handmade shield'? Like Captain America or something?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:10 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:A 'handmade shield'? Like Captain America or something?
It's a thing both for the alt-right and the antifa.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:23 am

Brian Peacock wrote:A 'handmade shield'? Like Captain America or something?
Fake news, or you might call it a handmade's tale.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:24 am

They have black flags. That's no Antifa, but anarchists.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:27 am

I think the black shirts get the riot shield design award this time round.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:39 am

Brian Peacock wrote:I think the black shirts get the riot shield design award this time round.
Yeah - a consistent organisational character, but still allowing some individual variation, with much irony in the inscription... :tup:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:59 am

JimC wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:I think the black shirts get the riot shield design award this time round.
Yeah - a consistent organisational character, but still allowing some individual variation, with much irony in the inscription... :tup:
No irony. Someone has to fight for peace. Irony would be fucking for virginity.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:52 pm

BTW: Do you say it anti-fah or antayfuh?

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:57 pm

Anteefa
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.