"Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Re: "Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:37 pm

Yeah, this sounds like a good idea. :ddpan:

'White Supremacist Jason Kessler Gets Approval for D.C. Rally on Charlottesville Anniversary'
Jason Kessler, a white supremacist and organizer of last year’s Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville which resulted in the death of Heather Heyer, has reportedly obtained approval from the Park Service to hold a “white civil rights” rally at Lafayette Square in DC on August 12—the anniversary of the Charlottesville rally.
In his application Kessler estimates 400 people will attend, the same number he used for the Charlottesville debacle.
Last edited by L'Emmerdeur on Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:57 pm

Calling all left-wing snipers...
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:57 pm

I'm sure many fine people will be there, L'emmy!
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:45 am

Free speech zealot sues university (and professors) because professors spoke freely in a private meeting. Now that's standing up for a principle, or something.

'Jordan Peterson launches defamation suit against Wilfrid Laurier University'
University of Toronto Professor Jordan Peterson has launched a $1.5-million defamation suit against Wilfrid Laurier University, two of its professors and a former gender and equity manager for suggesting he was “analogous to Adolf Hitler.”

The statement of claim, prepared by lawyer Howard Levitt and filed Monday, says Peterson was falsely labelled as incompetent, sexist, misogynist, dangerous and racist in a now infamous disciplinary meeting with Wilfrid Laurier University teaching assistant Lindsay Shepherd.

“So I think this is a warning, let’s say, to other careless administrators and professors who allow their ideological presuppositions to get the best of them to be a bit more careful with what they say and do,” [Peterson] said.

Peterson’s lawyer said the U of T professor cannot allow a university to viciously slander him, let alone compare his comments to a speech by Hitler, when he has spent his life and career teaching against the evils of the Holocaust and despots.

“The politically correct on campus should not think that they can defame people, slander people and bully people implicitly and explicitly with impunity,” Levitt said. “This isn’t just some internet troll mouthing off in a way that no one pays attention to and doesn’t give any credence to. These are professors and head of gender equity studies making comments that are atrocious about Dr. Peterson who is one of if not Canada’s most prominent intellectual.”
How speaking in a private meeting could be construed as running afoul of the relevant law is an exercise left to the reader. :smoke:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:21 am

Peterson's free speech obviously trumps here, because men are order and women are chaos.

:tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:18 pm

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:22 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:18 pm
With reference to this post: http://www.rationalia.com/forum/viewtop ... &#p1724372

Good one. Thank you. I like the idea of potholing. Seems better than the alternative.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:49 pm

It's going well.

"LEAKED: Violent Racists Use Facebook Chat To Plan ‘Unite The Right 2’"
Potential speakers for the rally are named by Kessler to include neo-nazi Congressional candidate Paul Nehlen, and former KKK leader David Duke. Despite ‘Unite The Right’ already being heavily associated with neo-nazi and Klan groups, the planners of the 2018 event seem obsessed with somehow re-branding themselves as non-racist. Kessler and his cohorts also discussed inviting a token “non-white” speaker with the hope that it would give them “political cover” to bring on white supremacist speakers such as Duke.

Some of the earlier chat messages also show Kessler arguing with other chat participants about how to “normalize” anti-semitic views without “delegitimizing the criticism with cartoon anti-semitism.”

It is unclear if any logistics, such as transportation, will be finalized in time for the August 12, 2018 events Kessler claims to be planning. Kessler repeatedly asked participants in his Facebook chat to help him look into bus rentals for the anniversary event but added “don’t call anywhere near Charlottesville.” Kessler also said that he had given up trying to find housing arrangements because it was “too complicated for me to deal with…I have enough on my plate.”

Some white supremacists involved in planning ‘Unite The Right 2’ debated whether the same violent approach from the first Unite the Right should be repeated. ‘Dave Shyne’ argued in favor of organizing for engaging in street fights, based on his experience last year in Charlottesville: “I was in that shield wall. I don’t think optics should be much of a concern. This event by default will attract those with the biggest balls. That’s what we need.” (However, Shyne later added “most people don’t want to touch this thing.”) Shyne has also posted on Facebook about his support for the Atomwaffen Division, an armed neo-nazi paramilitary group tied to several murders and bomb plots across the US.

‘Dave Shyne’ has been exposed by Charlottesville activists as an alias of Virginia resident David Rother, who attended Unite The Right in Charlottesville and has testified in court on behalf of neo-nazi internet personality Christopher Cantwell who is facing charges from the violent ‘torch rally’ in Charlottesville on August 11, 2017. David Rother also has an extensive criminal record which includes several violent felonies such as ‘unlawful wounding.’

Another security organizer for ‘Unite The Right 2’ made many comments encouraging violence in Kessler’s Facebook chat. ‘McCormick H Foley’ told the chat group that he was “coming with some of our Hammer skin friends.” Members of the Hammerskins skinhead gang were also involved in a June 2016 neo-nazi rally at the California State Capitol in Sacramento, co-organized with the Traditionalist Worker Party, at which several anti-racist protesters and a journalist were stabbed.

Cross-references of the Facebook profile ‘McCormick H Foley’ reveal that the profile is an alias for a man using the name ‘Fred Arena’. Fred Arena is known as a member of Vanguard America, the neo-nazi group that James Alex Fields was seen marching with last August before he carried out the car attack which killed Heather Heyer.

One particularly unhinged message from ‘McCormick Foley’ contained a violent threat that he said was addressed to antifascists as well as federal agents, both of whom he said he wanted to “challenge to a fight…til one of us are not moving.”

When asked how many people he could bring to the rally to act in a security capacity, ‘McCormick’ responded that he could bring “7 to 15” people made up of his Vanguard America group and “maybe a few hammerskins.” When asked “how many are vets?,” he quickly answered “quite a few actually”, and also added “We are paramilitary + neo-Nazi.”

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:59 pm

But we shouldn't forget that there's good people on both sides. :tea:

Frank Zappa

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:01 am

Good for what? :lay:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:39 am

Stop going on about neo-nazis and white supremacists. There's social justice warriors out there who want to force you to call them Xir!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:03 pm

I wonder what an SJW concentration...I mean re-education...camp would look like. :thinks:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:08 pm

Some telling details of where the person who murderously attacked the offices of The Capital Gazette was coming from. Who'd have suspected this?

'Exclusive: Accused Annapolis shooter ... had dark links to the alt-right'
[The shooter] wasn’t acting on anyone’s orders, and despite his apparent linkages to white supremacy never expressed any clear political ideology. But there's little doubt he was influenced and shaped by some of the darkest forces in our society.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:40 pm

To be fair, murder is only wrong when MS-13 does it.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:42 pm

Joe wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:03 pm
I wonder what an SJW concentration...I mean re-education...camp would look like. :thinks:
The cells would be pyramid shaped and contain healing crystals, the diet would be pure vegan, and there would be constant whale song on the speakers... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!