"Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: "Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:01 am

Cunt being professionally petty? I really can't imagine that... :tea:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:07 am

Brian Peacock wrote:I bet that gave you a thrilling sense of power of them. Nice one. :tea:
To be fair to Cunt, he stated that he could do this, not that he actually did...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:10 am

"To be fair to Cunt.."

Those words do not compute. :tea:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:05 am

At the time, I felt like a bully. Do you know what that feels like? From the bullying side?

Like righteous.

It happened, I didn't do it deliberately, but after I was spoken to on the matter, I realized that I let a couple of clients fall off the radar just because they were somehow undesireable, while I had followed up more diligently with others.

My boss and mentor caught it early, and that example helped me avoid it a bit more in the future.

It's really easy for a person to let bias in where they don't want it. I still feel like shit for doing it, and I don't even work there anymore.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:48 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
mistermack wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
mistermack wrote:These are clearly not tigers. :funny:
They clearly are.

ETA: :funny:
Nope. How are you a tiger, if you perform no tigerish actions and don't self identify as a tiger?

:D
Genetics, you genius. :fp:
Glad to see you finally concede that I was right all along then. If you have racism in your genes, you're a racist.
As we all are.

If you had thought about it a little at the start, you could have worked it out for yourself.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:51 pm

mistermack wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
mistermack wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
mistermack wrote:These are clearly not tigers. :funny:
They clearly are.

ETA: :funny:
Nope. How are you a tiger, if you perform no tigerish actions and don't self identify as a tiger?

:D
Genetics, you genius. :fp:
Glad to see you finally concede that I was right all along then. If you have racism in your genes, you're a racist.
You must have missed the multiple posts where we explained how racism ISN'T genetic. :fp:
If you had thought about it a little at the start, you could have worked it out for yourself.
I thought thinking was anathema to you. It's what scientists do, you know.

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:56 pm

pErvinalia wrote: You must have missed the multiple posts where we explained how racism ISN'T genetic. :fp:
You really don't know the difference between claiming and explaining, do you?

Is that really too complicated for you?
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:59 pm

Cunt wrote:
JimC wrote:Remember the infamous "there are good people on both sides quote"? One of those "sides" was the KKK...
I remember hearing a black guy say something like this.

He made a netflix movie, about himself going to talk to good people in the KKK. He has a collection of surrendered uniforms from members who have had their minds change.

How much accusing and yelling do you think he did to get them?
Also, the "good people on both sides" was not referring to the "KKK." The sides were not "KKK"here, and "good people" on the other side. The more right-leaning folks there were not exclusively or even majority KKK - the KKK actually has very few members nationwide.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:08 pm

mistermack wrote:
pErvinalia wrote: You must have missed the multiple posts where we explained how racism ISN'T genetic. :fp:
You really don't know the difference between claiming and explaining, do you?
You didn't respond to the multiple people who rebutted your ridiculous claim. It's clear that you can't.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:23 pm

JimC wrote:
You dodged this bit: "the way your voter registration laws work in practice"
In practice - and I am very familiar with the practice in three states, where I registered personally - in practice, it is about the easiest thing to do. You register. In Florida, a deep south state, to register, you can do it in person at any driver license office (or public library, voter registration office, or armed forces recruitment office), so there are many locations in each county as every county has multiple driver license locations, multiple public libraries, etc.) or you can do it by mail.

The identification requirement to register is to provide a driver license or state ID (if you have them). If you don't have them, you can just provide the last 4 digits of your social security number. If you don't have that, then you can provide alternative ID, including a student ID, a passport, debit/credit card, retirement ID card, neighborhood association ID, public assistance ID (like a food stamp card), OR, if you don't have any of that, then any utility bill, paycheck, bank statement, government check of any kind -- pretty much anything that came in the mail with your name on it.

I mean, really, you can register by going to the public library, they have the form there, fill it out, hand them a utility bill for water or electric, or a welfare check, or just give them the last 4 digits of a social security number, and you're registered.

What should they do that is less onerous than that?
JimC wrote:
If registering to vote, in at least a statistical sense, is made harder to some people than others, then the democratic process is subverted.
How is it harder for some people to register to vote?

How else should it be done?

JimC wrote: As far as right-wing racist groups, sure, they are not only in the US, I accept that point. But you have them, and you have an administration not actually busting a gut to criticise them. Remember the infamous "there are good people on both sides quote"? One of those "sides" was the KKK...
He wasn't referring to the KKK - what he was referring to were good people who consider themselves on the right. He's not saying there are good people serving as grand wizard of the KKK.

And, the allegation is systemically racist. Of course there are racists here, just like everywhere else. However, overall our culture is anti-racist. Being a racist is something that loses you jobs and friends. People don't like racists, generally speaking. And the system is the opposite of systemically racist. There are no disabilities placed on anyone because of race, except for things like affirmative action which are designed to assist a given race.
JimC wrote:
You also dodged this: "the consequences of systematic racism in the past have left the black population in the US considerably disadvantaged in comparison with whites, statistically"
I didnt' dodge that - even if systemic racism in the past left the black population disadvantaged, that doesn't mean there is systemic racism now. The past racism has been remedied by affirmative legislation not only blocking private discrimination in hiring, education, etc. -- but, rather, there is massive affirmative action to boost the disadvantaged persons you noted.

That shows the US is NOT systemically racist now, even if it was.

And, what's the deal in Oz, by the way? How're the aborigines doing in terms of recovering from the systemic racism that used to exist in Oz? Is Oz still systemically racist? I would say no, that Oz is not, even though there are plenty of racists in Oz, and the aboriginal population is arguably suffering as much from past discrimination in Oz as the african american population in the US. Maybe more.
JimC wrote:
That fact would be hard to dispute. How to deal with it is the issue. I'm not convinced about Sean's "reparations" thing, but the disadvantage is there, it's real, and there are compelling reasons for thinking that dealing with it in some way or another will potentially be a very good deal for US society overall...
Fair enough. But that doesn't mean the US is systemically racist, or culturally racist, which it is not. In the US, if you're out at a local pub, and some chav starts drunkenly talking racist shit, he will quickly get dressed down, but staff and patrons. If someone is racist at work, they are generally quickly attended to, and possibly fired - companies are mindful of hiring and firing issues, so as to be able to show that they are not discriminating against minorities and women. The laws demand it, and there is machinery to enforce it, with vigor.

So, pointing out the imperfections is one thing. Yes, there are irrational people who are racist. But, as I mentioned, you cannot have a free society without it being lawful to be irrational, including hateful and racist for no good reason. However, if the laws and institutions are set up to be race-neutral, and if the culture is such that racism is overwhelmingly frowned upon, how can it be said that the country is systemically racist now?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:05 pm

Forty Two wrote:
JimC wrote:
If registering to vote, in at least a statistical sense, is made harder to some people than others, then the democratic process is subverted.
How is it harder for some people to register to vote?
Are you really this oblivious, or are you being disingenuous?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_sup ... ted_States

https://www.brennancenter.org/new-votin ... ns-america

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2 ... elections/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... tion-fraud
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:21 pm

And they still try and call it a democracy. FFS
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:16 pm

As democracies go it's better than most.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:31 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:As democracies go it's better than most.
In comparison to Zimbabwe yes.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:02 pm

What should be done if the error is in the other direction?

(i.e. - undocumented immigrants voting)
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.