"Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: "Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by Animavore » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:23 pm

Which is why I felt it could be posted here.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:33 pm

Tero wrote:What’s MRA?
Dave Dodo.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:55 am

And an avalanche of abuse by strangers wishing his violent death.

"Go kill yourself", wrote one man to Phillips.

Another man was more specific about his hopes for his death. "I hope you and your whore die in a car crash so that your genes don't continue".

Others wished infertility on him and his wife. "I hope your wife can't have kids, that'll be god's way of punishing you".

Phillips and his wife had not planned to make a political statement with their name change decision.

"My wife has no male cousins and is the last in her family's lineage with the name of Phillips, so it would die out after her", said Phillips via email. "I was completely taken by surprise that in 2017 this was something that was making noise".

People like to pretend that the decision to change your name after marriage is a purely personal choice — no more controversial than, say, the decision to get married in Summer or Spring or in a church or a garden.

But this is only the case if couples make the conventional "choice" and the woman changes her name.

Even if women make the "free" and "personal" choice not to take their husband's name after marriage, research tells us that this decision affects the couple's perceived status, with people assuming that the man is weak and the woman is a ball-breaker.

If, like Grant Phillips and his wife, couples subvert the convention even further with the man taking the woman's name, well then they better bunker down for the brutal backlash.

Why would these men — and yes all the abusive messages sent to Phillips were written by men — take time out of their day, and waste the keystrokes and the blood vessels abusing someone they don't know for doing something that doesn't affect them?
http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/life ... 0i6zv.html
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:02 am

This is one of the best indicators that we have something really really wrong going on in our societies. That there is a segment of the population that is essentially evil and is holding the human race back. It's kind of hard in the face of this sort irrational hate to be a good liberal citizen and advocate against wiping a segment of the human race out. Seriously.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:25 pm

MRA fool who made a women-less edit of Star Wars mocked by cast.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/j ... are_btn_fb

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:18 pm

Basically, Kylo Ren is probably turning MRA in the next episode. It's all men who got rejected by their big love and can't handle that.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:14 pm

:lol:

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:20 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:42 pm

Can't read it. Denied.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:46 pm

Animavore wrote:Can't read it. Denied.
Weird. It's just a link to a tweet with a funny Alex Jones video.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:06 pm

AJ personally vets the IPs of every person who watches one of his videos.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:07 pm

Fuck 'im.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re:

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:28 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:AJ personally vets the IPs of every person who watches one of his videos.
Why as they are bloody awful.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:13 am

The legal community in Virginia is failing in its duties--it's just shameful. :biggrin:

'White nationalist can't get a lawyer, wants Charlottesville suit tossed'
Richard Spencer can't find a lawyer.

The white nationalist and progenitor of the "alt-right" movement submitted a motion to dismiss a federal lawsuit against him and other leaders involved in August's deadly Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.

The violence, which led to dozens of injuries and the death of counterprotester Heather Heyer, isn't Spencer's fault, he claims in the motion filed Tuesday, which he apparently wrote and signed himself.

The blame falls on the anti-fascists, or Antifa, who showed up to protest his and his cohorts' ideas, and on the police, who Spencer claims did too little to discourage the violence, he wrote.

"Harsh and bold words, as well as scuffles, are simply a reality of political protests, which are, by their very nature, contentious and controversial," the 39-year-old wrote. "Free societies, not only in the United States but around the world, accept this as a cost of free assembly and maintaining a vibrant political culture."

No lawyer in Virginia will take Spencer's case, he wrote, decrying that the plaintiffs' well-heeled attorneys seek only to financially cripple him and his fellow defendants with expensive depositions and discovery requests.

"Spencer, by contrast, has searched for legal help and has not been able to find a lawyer in Virginia to take his case, despite the supposed but apparently illusory ethical obligation lawyers have to represent unpopular clients and to assure at least a semblance of a fair trial," he wrote.

"Massive, expensive, drawn out, and invasive discovery will in itself be a huge in theorem victory for the plaintiffs, and probably the only realistic victory they hope to achieve, given the indigence of the defendants."
I don't think 'in theorem' is actually a legal term of art, nor even genuine Latin, but I guess he thought it sounded sufficiently high-falutin.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:56 pm

Spencer conveniently forgets that his rally was also a protest: "Jews will not replace us. "
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT