"Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: "Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:21 pm

I thought he always did.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:48 pm

That attempt at humour is why I hate the lefts reaction to the Trump administration - SAD!

Woodbutcher, I have come to expect better of you. I honestly think your (no doubt genuine) dislike for this particular subject has affected your aim.

Clearly the joke should include using piss as hair colouring. (though you would likely take out the 'u', knowing your target)
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:26 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
28953841_180057599286798_1009960326816959846_o.jpg
Spoken like a true communist.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:28 pm

Forty Two wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
28953841_180057599286798_1009960326816959846_o.jpg
Spoken like a true communist.
To fuck with it. Lets go run, Forty Two!

Skidoo trails make everyone the same 'speed' lol
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:29 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:I think if you reside in a country, work and pay taxes you should get a vote - you have just as much a stake in that society as any native-born citizen. Prisoners should also get the vote imo.
The unemployed and stay-at-home parents don't get to vote!

Prisoners aren't working or paying taxes, but they get to vote, but the stay-at-home mom and the lady who got laid off last week don't get to vote!

What kinda country are you runnin' here? :{D
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:32 pm

:doubletake: :lol:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:59 pm

Killing gay Jews? For Atomwaffen not a problem--in fact, a good thing. Consorting with Satanists on the other hand is cause for worry and division.

'Satanism Drama Is Tearing Apart the Murderous Neo-Nazi Group Atomwaffen'
White nationalists are disavowing the murderous neo-Nazi group Atomwaffen Division—not because of the murder, but because the group can’t shake persistent rumors that it’s a gateway organization for a satanic cult.

Atomwaffen is an extremist group that received national attention after being implicated in five murders from May 2017 to January 2018. But even before the most recent slaying, Atomwaffen was under fire from others on the far right who claimed the group was actually a mouthpiece for the Order of Nine Angles, a satanic group that encourages members to infiltrate extremist political movements, whose members might be susceptible to conversion.

It doesn’t help that, until recently, Atomwaffen pushed the satanic group’s literature on one of its websites.

Atomwaffen claims to have been founded in 2013, although its membership surged after a deadly white nationalist demonstration in Charlottesville, Virginia, in August, ProPublica previously reported. The group now has approximately 20 cells across the U.S., according to ProPublica.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:16 pm

Meanwhile, the Tennessee state legislature struggles with a difficult issue. :smug:

'Resolution condemning neo-Nazis dies in Tennessee legislature for second time'
A resolution condemning neo-Nazis and white nationalists has died in the Tennessee state legislature for the second time this year.

House Republican Caucus Chairman Rep. Ryan Williams sponsored a resolution decrying the hate groups last week, but requested that it be withdrawn from consideration by a House committee on Monday, the Tennessean reported.

Williams said in a statement that the "bill's caption was too narrow and couldn't be amended to incorporate additional feedback gathered from our members over the past couple of days.”

It is unclear what feedback he had received.

“I still believe it is important for our General Assembly to condemn groups that support racism and hatred," he said in the statement, according to the Tennessean. "I look forward to working with members on both sides of the aisle on a future resolution which can meet the expectations of all of our House members, as well as the citizens of Tennessee."

The resolution was nearly identical to a measure by Democratic Rep. John Ray Clemmons that was introduced in the days after the deadly white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Va.

Williams's measure removed language urging officials to identify and pursue white nationalist groups as "domestic terrorist organizations," the publication reported.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:12 pm

The return of L'emmy! :tup:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:02 pm

JimC wrote:The return of L'emmy! :tup:
Cheers, JimC! :td:

On with chronicling the not particularly problematic alt-right.

The festering pustule who called himself 'Ricky Vaughn,' a vocal (and, according to the MIT Media Lab, somewhat influential) online Trump supporter and alt-right troll, has been outed by a fellow traveller.

The Huffington Post's Luke O’Brien has a doozy of a story today about "Ricky Vaughn," an anonymous right wing troll and Donald Trump supporter who was eventually banned from Twitter, although O'Brien writes that he popped up under a new moniker, called, naturally, RapinBill. Clever.

Vaughn, O'Brien writes, "had tens of thousands of followers, and his talent for blending far-right propaganda with conservative messages on Twitter made him a key disseminator of extremist views to Republican voters and a central figure in the 'alt-right' white supremacist movement that attached itself to Trump’s coattails." Dude was bad news: MIT's Media Lab called him one of the top 150 social influencers on the 2016 presidential election, ahead of NBC, and he was regularly retweeted by mainstream conservatives.

Until today, few people knew Vaughn's actual identity. But, as O'Brien discovered after Paul Nehlen—the wildly racist white nationalist congressional candidate from Wisconsin—dropped Vaughn's real name online after some good old fashioned alt-right in-fighting, Ricky Vaughn is actually Douglass Mackey. And Douglass Mackey is a 28-year-old graduate of the hyper liberal Middlebury College who looks like he could be middle management at a Wells Fargo branch.
A bit of background:

'FLASHBACK: Alt-Right Troll Ricky Vaughn Explains His Path to White Nationalism'

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:44 am

While the mainstream narrative has been of the alt-right suffering from debilitating incompetence and infighting, some of the loudest mouths among them are choosing to blame public opposition, primarily antifa, for what they acknowledge is a decline. Antifa voices are of course willing to latch onto this as a badge of honor and justification.

'The Fall of the "Alt-Right" Came From Anti-Fascism'
Richard Spencer, the infamous founder of the white nationalist "alt-right" movement, already knew his group of racists was making a public nosedive even before the recent catastrophe at Michigan State University.

"I think the movement is in a bad state right now, I'm not going to lie about it," Spencer said to his millennial sidekick Gregory Conte during a March 3 episode of his podcast. "We're going to have to figure out how to build institutions in the era of rapid -- and rabid -- de-platforming. Which is really hard."

Spencer has been the figurehead for the "alt-right" since its evolution from the backwoods of esoteric web blogs, within private conferences and then, finally, attaining public recognition as part of a national political conversation. No one could have seen the highs that 2015 and 2016 would bring to white supremacy, and they thought their boom in numbers and exposure would be a permanent incline. But even after Donald Trump's election, the anti-fascist movement has detonated like a bomb, with Spencer seeing one devastating hurdle after another. Conferences have been shut down, "alt-right" violence has been publicly exposed and opposition has been so explosive that he can't even buy a cup of coffee without a mob chasing him down the street.

Back in 2016, Spencer had decided to launch himself onto state-school campuses in what he labeled the "Danger Zone Tour." The idea here was that government-owned institutions would be more likely to host him against the pressure of anti-fascists than private institutions. There is some merit to his logic. After both the 2010 and 2011 conferences for the "race realist" organization American Renaissance were canceled by pressure campaigns from the anti-fascist community organization, One People's Project, the "alt-right" settled into a long-term relationship with Montgomery Bell State Park just outside Nashville, Tennessee. Since then, they have not had to move, and even though they have annual protesters, the state-managed venue has not cowed to pressure. Spencer assumed the same would be true on campuses.

Michigan State is only the latest in a string of these, and even though a mass campaign from students at multiple campuses formed to stop him, the school administration caved to a lawsuit leveled against it and offered him a farm building on the outskirts of their Lansing campus during spring break.

The organizing for what was branded the "#StopSpencer" campaign began toward the end of 2017. The timing of the campaign -- taking shape during the period in which Spencer could be granted his platform -- allowed for the student body and surrounding communities to organically build a solid base of opposition. By the time Spencer's March 5, 2018, talk happened, there had already been escalations with student walkouts and informational actions.

The existence of the "alt-right" has given impetus to the idea of anti-fascist organizing, which goes back decades, even while remaining on the margins of the American left. Anti-fascist work, however, was given more urgency with the rise of Trumpism, and therefore grew as an organizational priority. When the "alt-right" peaks into a public presence -- especially with a high-profile face like Spencer's -- that impetus hits the periphery of those organizers like a lightning bolt, and all of a sudden, it moves from the confines of committed activists to a movement defined by huge swaths of the community. Spencer himself, as with the rest of the "alt-right's" All-Star bench, can be considered the catalyst and injection of adrenaline into an already-angry community.

The resistance against Spencer has not just emerged during the past 12 months. In years before the "alt-right" became a household name, Spencer was being brought to campuses by groups like the now-defunct Youth for Western Civilization. Anti-fascists often disrupted Spencer's talks against affirmative action, mirroring what we saw later in the high-profile actions against Milo Yiannopoulos. The "alt-right's" attempts to focus on college campuses because of access to affluent, young, professional-class men has also delivered them over to a student activist culture, and the fires outside the University of California, Berkeley and the clashes at the University of Washington, among many others, were the result. The insistence of people like Yiannopoulos and Spencer to force their way onto campuses only escalated things and prompted anti-fascist organizations to be ready to mobilize.

On March 4 and 5, 2018, there was a planned "alt-right" conference in Detroit. Anti-fascist organizers got wind of the location and the "alt-right" were banned from one venue after another, including private restaurants that wouldn't even serve them drinks. Under pressure, Spencer's attorney and host of the conference, Kyle Bristow, publicly distanced himself from the white nationalist movement. It just wasn't worth it anymore.

Spencer still had high hopes for his use of the campus, but since students were gone and the building provided to him was used primarily by farm animals, it wasn't looking good. Hundreds were brought out by the #StopSpencer campaign, which was coordinating in multiple locations to block audience members from entering the hall. The Traditionalist Workers Party, led by the now-disgraced leader Matthew Heimbach, was stopped by a flash mob of protesters, and Gregory Conte ended up as a ranting meme in a million YouTube clips before being arrested. In the end, only a handful showed up despite the 150 tickets he offered. About 20 actually made it in, less than the number of people arrested out front. Those who did show up had more in common with skinhead gangs like the Hammerskin Nation than the suit-and-tie crowd Spencer so desperately wants to recruit.

The bottom line is that coordinated anti-fascist action like this has made it incredibly difficult for the "alt-right" to organize. Major figures like Spencer have had their events turned into platforms for mass opposition, and his speeches shouted down. In 2016, he was able to host a sold out National Policy Institute conference at the famed Ronald Reagan Building in Washington, DC, but last year, the organization got booted from the unheated barn they were forced to rent. All of the tools they had -- online outreach, public events and private meetings -- have essentially been stolen from them, and an entire infrastructure of doxxing and protest action have made consequence inevitable. This is not how they build "the movement of the future."

In a YouTube video shortly after the Michigan State debacle, Spencer recapped this failure, admitting that anti-fascist organizers had won and they cannot have public appearances anymore.

"I don't think that it's a good idea for me to host an event that is wide open to the public," Spencer said, lamenting the pressure from anti-fascist groups. "Things are difficult. We felt that great feeling of winning for a long time. We are now in something that feels a lot more like a hard struggle."

Matt Parrott, longtime white nationalist and cofounder of the Traditionalist Workers Party, went on "Gab," an alternative to Twitter popular among white nationalists, to place blame for their failure solely on the opposition.

"The antifa has pretty much succeeded in achieving what the progressive left cannot, which is fully and finally de-platforming the hard right," Parrott said. "They demoralized and disabled the majority of the "alt-right," driving most of them off the streets and public square."

Even still, the overall narrative in many media outlets has instead been one framed as anti-fascist violence, minimizing the entirety of anti-fascist community organizing to snapshots of street fights. The argument made here is that this type of anti-fascism, narrowly understood, is counterproductive to stopping fascist growth since it makes them appear as victims. The problem with this discourse is that it first misses the actual diversity of anti-fascist organizing, which has a massive spectrum and is predominantly made up of ordinary people doing traditional organizing work with neighbors and congregants, but also that it misunderstands what actually stops fascist growth.

It is not the vague mysticism of public opinion or the spin from op-eds. What stops white nationalists is activists stopping white nationalists: stopping their project from working, from expanding, from making a difference. In this way, the anti-fascist movement -- made up of church groups, student clubs, anarchists and liberals -- has prevented the "alt-right's" infrastructure from self-replicating by throwing a monkey wrench into their machine.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:53 pm

A Christian perspective: 'He's not a bomb maker."

'Suspected White Supremacist Died Building ISIS-Style Bombs'
Benjamin Morrow was found dead with white supremacist literature and the ingredients for a notorious bomb known as the “Mother of Satan.”

Morrow, 28, died in an explosion in the kitchen of his Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, apartment on March 5. His home was filled with bomb-making substances so volatile that firefighters chose to destroy the 16-unit apartment block in a controlled blaze, rather than let Morrow’s neighbors continue to live in the building. A search warrant unsealed last week revealed that Morrow kept white supremacist literature in his home. Investigators’ application for a second warrant suggests that Morrow had plans, announcing that he was clearing out a rented storage locker just hours before his death.

Kevin Heimerl of the Wisconsin Department of Justice called Morrow’s apartment a “homemade explosives laboratory.” When they responded to reports of an explosion at the home, investigators passed “a one gallon metal container of acetone,” an investigator told a judge in a newly unsealed warrant application.

Acetone is an explosive substance and ingredient in the “Mother of Satan”: a volatile bomb used by terrorists in ISIS attacks in Manchester, England, and Paris, France, in recent years.

Also sitting in plain sight where two white cardboard boxes stamped with the words “mix it, shake it, shoot it,” and three more packages labeled “sonic boom,” Heimerl testified, adding that he suspected the boxes contained materials that would explode when combined. Investigators also found pipes and pipe caps in the apartment.

When they entered the kitchen, investigators found Morrow dead in front of a still-lit stove. An “overpressure blast” had destroyed much of the room, blowing out the doors and windows and burying Morrow under the collapsed ceiling. Containers with more chemicals were spilling out an open refrigerator door.

The scene was so volatile that authorities barred the rest of the apartment building’s residents from re-entering their homes, and burned the entire building to the ground in a 1,600-degree controlled blaze overseen by 100 firefighters. Residents left their valuables inside.

Members of Morrow’s church community have pushed back on the idea that Morrow built the bombs in his bedroom and kitchen, for which investigators found handwritten instructions.

“I’d love to defend Ben because he has been described as a bomb maker and he’s not a bomb maker,” Rev. Jerry Marsden, the pastor who conducted Morrow’s funeral told the Associated Press. “He wasn’t a recluse as some have said he is. He was far from that.”

In an obituary, Morrow’s family described him as a religious man, who grew up homeschooled and later studied pre-pharmacy, math, and chemistry at Pensacola Christian College in Florida. The search warrant revealed Morrow had a Bible among his white supremacist literature and bomb-making material.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:39 pm

Well, at least he wasn't an SJW or feminist, 'cause then he'd have been really dangerous!
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:47 pm

He certainly wasn't...cultural appropriation is frowned upon in those groups.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:12 pm

One less conscript for the Master Race.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT