"Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: "Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by JimC » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:27 pm

Cunt wrote:What should be done if the error is in the other direction?

(i.e. - undocumented immigrants voting)
Is there real evidence that this has occurred, other than hysterical right-wing rumours?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:32 pm

It doesn't matter, it just is the first problem I thought of when I think about relaxing voter requirements.

I can't wait for something secure to take over, but I really hope we don't end up voting ourselves a caliphate first. In a 'warm-body' democracy, that could happen anyway, I guess.

I know there are errors on both sides. You would too if you stepped back a bit. Should something be done to ensure only legally allowed citizens can vote?

Whatever is done to 'vet' voters, isn't it going to exclude some? Is it more dangerous to take someones legitimate vote away? Or to allow illegitimate voters to vote?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 pm

Cunt wrote:

I know there are errors on both sides. You would too if you stepped back a bit. Should something be done to ensure only legally allowed citizens can vote?
How do you "know"? Everything that I've read suggests that it would be very hard to register to vote illegally, but quite easy to have a registration system with a statistical tendency to reduce the number of poorer people able to vote...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:53 pm

Poor people always get screwed, in any number of ways, so I'm not convinced that it is something that can be fixed.

As to your question about how hard it MUST be to register to vote illegally, I can only say it sounds like your news comes in one colour, mine the other.
Summary of Findings
An investigation in Virginia by the Public Interest Legal Foundation (PILF) and the Virginia
Voter’s Alliance (VVA) shows that the cause of this problem is something much worse than
simple ineffective governance. Worse still, Virginia state election officials are obstructing access
to public records that reveal the extent to which non-citizens are participating in our elections.
These obstructionist tactics have led to PILF and VVA obtaining data from only a handful of
Virginia counties so far. But the information from a few counties demonstrates a massive
problem.
In our small sample of just eight Virginia counties who responded to our public inspection
requests, we found 1046 aliens who registered to vote illegally.
The problem is most certainly exponentially worse because we have no data regarding aliens on
the registration rolls for the other 125 Virginia localities. Even in this small sample, when the
voting history of this small sample of alien registrants is examined, nearly 200 verified ballots
were cast before they were removed from the rolls. Each one of them is likely a felony.

source - https://publicinterestlegal.org/files/R ... rginia.pdf

Now, I would imagine that you will downplay the source, or importance, but it is clear enough to me that there are errors on both sides. Anyone claiming only one kind of error get's my suspicion and they should expect it. It's crazy to think only one party is manipulating the democratic process.

Just like it's crazy to think that anyone other than the opposition is going to find them.

Dems will likely find the most republican fuckery, reps will find the most dem fuckery. It's what I would expect, if humans were running politics.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:03 pm

Germany’s far-right Alternative für Deutschland (AfD) party has been ridiculed for attacking a kindergarten that celebrated St Patrick’s Day instead of its annual Easter egg hunt and breakfast.

The decision was described by the AfD on social media as a “clash of cultures”, led by people who “destroy our culture and traditions”.

“When the Easter festival is cancelled to celebrate St Patrick’s Day, and the Easter egg hunt has to make way for a leprechaun gold treasure hunt – then things are really getting absurd,” wrote the AfD in a social media post.

It was reacting to the decision of a Bavarian kindergarten, Villa Drachenstein, to prioritise a St Patrick’s Day project as part of its “calendar of cultures”. “We are a non-confessional organisation and celebrate all holidays,” said Ulrike Bittner, head of the kindergarten, run by the AWO charity. She insisted Easter was still on the kindergarten calendar, but some parents and the local priest saw it as an attempt to sideline Christian belief.

“The idea to inform about St Patrick is not reprehensible,” said Fr Herbert Walter, the local priest, to a local newspaper. “But that this happens in the Easter season above all seems to me a clear signal that one wants a deliberate alternative to Christian belief.”

Interest groups
The AfD accused the AWO organisation behind the kindergarten, which also runs many facilities for asylum seekers, of “curtseying to well-known interest groups”.

“As a charity, the AWO is part of the asylum industry and feels bound to their well looked-after clients, drawn to a large extent from largely Muslim countries,” the far-right party wrote.

“German traditions can’t get a look in.”

The post prompted an avalanche of mockery on social media. One user, Nicole Starmer, wrote: “What do Muslims have to do with the Irish St Patrick’s Day?” Another user, Rob, thanked the AfD for its outraged post and suggested German parents, anxious to maintain their Christian traditions, read to their children from the bible’s “13th Book of the Easter Bunny”.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politic ... -1.3435461

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:05 pm

Fuck the AFD, Deutschland is part of Europe and it's a good thing to be open to other EU members' culture.
I make it a principle to celebrate St Paddy, and I remember it more easily than easter...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:40 am

Take a guess.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:51 am

pErvinalia wrote:

Take a guess.
If you keep pretending you aren't very smart, it only stands to reason that your skill will improve over time.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:53 am

Seriously, take a guess. I'll take a guess as to what EVERYONE on this forum would say when asked this question:

Fix the error. Only a country's citizens should be voting in that country's elections.

Because you live in a black and white world where there are only two types of people (insane SJWs and normal rightwing people), you just assume that the leftwing people of the forum are going to say illegal immigrants should be allowed to vote. I don't think you even need to pretend being simplistic. You've got it nailed.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:20 am

Over here, everyone who is a legal resident in the country is already registered. So, there is nothing special to do to decide who can vote and who cannot vote.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:09 am

legal resident does not mean citizen, foreign residents have no business voting unless they actually do take the local nationality.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:55 am

Sure. But all legal residents are registered in Germany including their nationality. This registry is always updated when the status of a person changes. (When you move, marry, die, divorce, change your religion, change your sex, change your nationality, etc...)

So, when there is an election, there is already a known list of people legally allowed to vote at a certain place. There is no need for people to explicitly register to vote. The system already knows about them.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:04 pm

I don't know if I must admire the efficiency or retch at the Big Brother flavor.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:01 pm

:lol:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:31 pm

If they do some vetting around who is legally allowed to vote, there almost certainly will be errors.

Is it more damaging for that error to allow foreigners to vote, or to deny a citizen their right to vote?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: