"Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: "Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:46 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:My response to that challenge is to say, "And who suggests otherwise?" Make the concern trolls and bigots explain themselves.
then you have the likes of 42 come out and spuriously claim that the mainstream left hold that all men are rapists or all white people are oppressors.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:25 am

And in-so-doing expose themselves.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:06 am

Like a flasher?
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:08 am

Yes. A flasher with a tiny pickle. :)
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:13 am

Brian Peacock wrote:My response to that challenge is to say, "And who suggests otherwise?" Make the concern trolls and bigots explain themselves.
Taking my cue from the last paragraph of the article L'Emmerdeur linked to, I'd correct the slogan by pointing out that saying “It’s OK to be white” is massively understating the worth of being white. On a per capita basis unarmed whites don't get shot nearly as often by police, nor do they get stopped for the offence of "driving while white. When whites do get arrested, charged with and found guilty of an offence, their period of incarceration will be 20% shorter than that of a black culprit found guilty of the same crime. They have much greater chances of landing a job compared to an equally qualified and experienced black applicant. They also get a loan approval that a black person under similar financial circumstances is likely to miss out on. So, to say It’s OK to be white is terribly inaccurate. The slogan should be “It’s better to be white”.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:41 am

Hermit wrote:
Taking my cue from the last paragraph of the article L'Emmerdeur linked to, I'd correct the slogan by pointing out that saying “It’s OK to be white” is massively understating the worth of being white. On a per capita basis unarmed whites don't get shot nearly as often by police, nor do they get stopped for the offence of "driving while white. When whites do get arrested, charged with and found guilty of an offence, their period of incarceration will be 20% shorter than that of a black culprit found guilty of the same crime. They have much greater chances of landing a job compared to an equally qualified and experienced black applicant. They also get a loan approval that a black person under similar financial circumstances is likely to miss out on. So, to say It’s OK to be white is terribly inaccurate. The slogan should be “It’s better to be white”.
You're forgetting the white man's burden... :nono:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:40 am

JimC wrote:
Hermit wrote:
You're forgetting the white man's burden... :nono:
That is a deliberate omission. It would send the supremacists off into unending paroxysms of ranting.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:39 am

The white man's burden, at least in Oz, is our tendency to get skin cancer at the drop of a hat...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:05 am

The woman who took papers from the lectern at Lucian Wintrich's "It's OK to be White" speech has been charged with sixth-degree larceny and disorderly conduct. She's an employee of a Connecticut community college. Nobody who's at all familiar with how the alt-right conducts itself will be surprised to learn that since her identity became public knowledge she's been subject to death threats.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:32 pm

It is o.k. to be white, but it's not o.k. to make death threats, and it's not o.k. to steal someone's speech papers. The use of force to recover the stolen property is generally not allowed, either. Looks like everyone is wrong. Prosecute them all.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:04 am

Yep, there's bad people on both sides. :roll:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:13 am

:hehe:

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:33 am

It was so good, the cretin Kessler wanted to do it again. But no, free speech and the right to assemble are being repressed by Charlottesville, Virginia. :sadcheer:

''Charlottesville rejects replay of "Unite The Right" rally for 2018"
If the racist “alt-right" wants to unite again in 2018, it may not be in Charlottesville.

The city on Monday turned down a petition by white nationalist Jason Kessler to hold a rally in the college town on Aug. 11 and 12, 2018 – the first anniversary of the deadly “Unite The Right” rally.

In a letter posted online by Kessler, Charlottesville Events Coordinator Maurice Jones recounted the violence that accompanied the rally earlier this year in rejecting the proposed anniversary gathering.

“The proposed demonstration or special event will present a danger to public safety …,” Jones wrote.

The rally earlier this year resulted in the death of 32-year-old Heather Heyer, a counter-protestor, who died after being struck by a car. James Alex Fields, Jr., has been charged with murder after police concluded he intentionally drove the vehicle into a crowd of people.

Kessler mocked Heyer's death on Twitter, calling her a "fat disgusting communist," before deleting the tweet which he blamed on drugs and alcohol.

Kessler, who is behind a new white nationalist organization called "The New Byzantium Project," took to Twitter and Gab, the white nationalist social media sight, to criticize the decision and promise to sue the city over the rejection.

Kessler also pledged to hold the rally next year anyway.

“The *initial* permit decision is bogus. The rationale they give for denying it almost makes it seem like they want me to win,” Kessler tweeted. “See you guys in court!”
The denial document from the city; link.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:54 pm

Alt-Right Hyped Sexual Harassment Hoax to Attack Schumer
On Tuesday afternoon, right-wing social media personalities Charles Johnson and Mike Cernovich boasted of obtaining a document that would put a senator out of a job.

“Michael Cernovich & I are going to end the career of a U.S. Senator,” Johnson posted on Facebook on Monday.

The senator was Minority Leader Charles Schumer of New York, Axios first reported.

But the document was fake.

cont
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:46 pm

With regard to this kind of organised trolling. I'm thinking that when somebody sets out trolls so aggressively and hard one consequence is that they invite the trolled to troll them back just as hard - in effect, they impoverish the entire discourse by diverting serious issues into ego-matches and flame wars. There a fair amount of evidence for this - it's called 'social contagion theory' or 'behavioural contagion' among psychology researchers.

Now we all know in our heart-of-hearts that we really shouldn't feed a troll, but sometimes, you know, we just can't help ourselves can we(?) The thing is, with a little aforethought we can employ the same principles of emotional and attitudinal contagion to actually exert a more positive influence on the discourse, to keep it issues-focused and within the bounds of reason rather that emotion.

The "Alt-right" may be eager to parade and promote ignorance, stupidity, and malice, etc, but we really don't have to play that game.

Frank Zappa