"Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Re: "Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by NineBerry » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:26 am

I don't think this article is genuine. There is no "alt-right corporation"and the names used seem strange as well.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:03 am

I'm surprised you didn't do a bit of research, then. I've been impressed with your ability to present good information in the past (seriously).

Jason Reza Jorjani | AltRight.com

Donate | AltRight.com
AltRight.com is dedicated to promoting Identitarian values and providing alternative media commentary.

We are unabashed pro-White and pro-European advocates. Your donation helps AltRight.com pay for its writers, produce original content and continue advocating for our people.

Checks, made out to The AltRight Corporation, can be mailed to ...

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:11 pm

A somewhat rambling narrative from Patrik Hermansson that details some of the connections between various groups of 'alt-right':

'My Year Inside the International Alt-Right'
For almost a year I’ve been at the heart of a world of extreme racism, antisemitism, Holocaust denial, esoteric nazi rituals and wild conspiracy theories. What I found was a movement that sometimes glorifies Nazi Germany, openly supports genocidal ideas and is unrelentingly racist, sexist and homophobic.

Becoming part of the London Forum, the UK’s most important far-right ‘think-tank’, was not as difficult as its reputation would suggest. I got my foot in the door by claiming to be a disillusioned Swede curious about the alt-right movement in the UK. I said I came to London inspired by Brexit and to get away from the “cultural Marxism” (a favourite phrase for conspiracy-minded, far-right activists) of Swedish universities.

Jez Turner, leader of the London Forum and one of the best known far-right activists on the UK scene, quickly invited me to meet up. Later, as paranoia about a mole increased, new members began to be thoroughly vetted and were required to provide letters of recommendation from trusted members.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:14 pm

"cultural Marxism" is definitely a favourite of the loony right. It's also a favourite of a couple of alleged liberals here on the forum.. :tea:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:51 pm

Post modernism, nested in a bed of Marxism. All the 20th century Marxists lost the ability to tout Marxism because it became pretty clear that it is an absurdity. So, they jumped to Postmodernism, and that's infected the far left and academia. Postmodernism and Marxism underlies far left "social justice" movement and the intersectional feminist movements, and academia is rife with postmodernist and Marxist underpinnings.

It's from that foundation, that we see the left wing, social justice narratives spring - their constant reference to personal and cultural "truths" and epistemic relativity - that's where they get the value of "lived experience" over empirical evidence. Listen and believe the lived experience - don't bother with the empirical evidence.

Individual agency and autonomy is limited, and the new far left is all about identity groups. It's the Foucault-ian reliance on beliefs about the inherent evil of the individual’s class position or identity group regardless of the morality of his or her individual conduct.

You're fukin'-a White Male!
Patriarchal Privilege
Marginalized groups cant be racist or sexist
Listen and Believe
Progressive Stack
Mansplaining
Manspreading
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:57 pm

pErvin wrote:"cultural Marxism" is definitely a favourite of the loony right. It's also a favourite of a couple of alleged liberals here on the forum.. :tea:
I consider the phrase to be diagnostic buzz-words: If somebody is touting the ominous threat of cultural Marxism it's a strong indicator that they've been uncritically consuming far-right propaganda.
The theory that the Frankfurt School is the root of political correctness is historically absurd. Anti-racism, feminism, and the gay rights movement all have roots that well precede the Frankfurt School and owe far more to the activism of women, people of color, and LGBT individuals than to any German theorist. While Marcuse was friendly with the New Left, his main work dealt with themes of the impact of technology that are far removed from political activism. Although nominally they were on the political left, Adorno and the other members of the Frankfurt School had little truck with activism (and indeed were often accused by their students of being hermetically removed from practical politics). In an infamous 1969 incident, feminist students mocked what they saw as Adorno’s prudishness by baring their breasts to him. Adorno was a deeply Eurocentric thinker who hated jazz. Horkheimer defended the Vietnam War and admired the Catholic Church’s stance against birth control. These are not thinkers than can plausibly be seen as the creators of modern political correctness or debates about identity politics.

But the “cultural Marxism” myth persists because it’s convenient for the right, allowing them to pretend that bigotry is not a real problem but rather an ideology created by sinister thinkers, who, as it happens, were Jewish. As Jason Wilson noted in The Guardian, “The theory of cultural Marxism is also blatantly antisemitic, drawing on the idea of Jews as a fifth column bringing down western civilisation from within, a racist trope that has a longer history than Marxism. Like the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, the theory was fabricated to order, for a special purpose: the institution and perpetuation of culture war.”

[source]
I wonder how many who use the term are aware of its origins. See 'The Nazi Roots of the Word “Cultural Marxism”'

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:58 pm

Forty Two wrote:Post modernism, nested in a bed of Marxism. All the 20th century Marxists lost the ability to tout Marxism because it became pretty clear that it is an absurdity. So, they jumped to Postmodernism, and that's infected the far left and academia. Postmodernism and Marxism underlies far left "social justice" movement and the intersectional feminist movements, and academia is rife with postmodernist and Marxist underpinnings.
It's really not. Cultural Marxism is a conspiracy theory. You are off with Galaxian on this one.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:01 pm

On a somewhat related note: 'Analysis of 500 million Reddit comments shows how the alt-right made the alt-left a thing'
The term “alt-left”—and the general idea that there is a fringe of left-wing activists who are engaged in a campaign of political violence—has been incredibly useful to the alt-right. Every popular article on the subject that claims “there is no such thing as the alt-left” inadvertently grants it the oxygen of publicity and spawns more thinkpieces that declare there is an alt-left—and that it’s a real problem. The mountain of articles and news headlines from heritage news organizations condemning antifa as a violent hate movement are a direct product of this campaign. These articles effectively push the eye of the media away from the white supremacists by giving air to their adversaries.

In this way, attempts to popularize “alt-left” are only bolstered by the left’s reaction to them. Paul Joseph Watson, a prominent alt-right commentator, tweeted “They really hate it when we use the term ‘alt-left’. It would be a shame if this got 10,000 retweets”—which was then retweeted over 65,000 times.

This herculean effort to create the idea of the alt-left—to paint it as violent, to equivocate its views with those of the alt-right and neo-Nazis, and to smear progressive activists as tacitly or explicitly condoning political violence—has been remarkably successful. Of course, it’s been met with incredulity on many sides.

People with progressive politics have often reacted with disbelief that anyone could be taken in by what seems like obvious lies and distortions. It’s only by pulling the data and looking behind the internet’s curtain that we can see just how much work has gone into the turning the alt-left from the boogeymen of Breitbart readers’ nightmares into concepts and groups that are recognized, feared, loathed and smeared by even the most moderate mainstream press.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:28 pm

When people are referring to cultural marxism today, it's not a reference to Frankfurt school conspiracy theories. What they're talking about is neo-Marxism and its successor post-modernism, where even the French intellectuals who were Marxists up to the 1970s had to abandon Marxism, and they jumped ship to post-Modernism. They transferred economic class theory (proletariat vs bourgeiousie) into "oppressor vs oppressed" class. Postmodernism, truth = power; logic and reason are out (postmodernism eschews all structure, science, reason and logic etc.). So that's where you get this identity politics and intersectional, marginalized group theory from - and that's what people are referring to when they're talking about cultural Marxism. It's a radical left philosophy that stems from post-modern philosophical thought, which has infected academia and which pretty much owns the far left.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:36 pm

Any proof for this assertion that it doesn't refer to the Frankfurt School thing?

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:54 pm

Just in its usage. People generally are talking about the manner of viewing culture as "oppressed vs oppressor" in the same vein that Marxists view the proletariat vs. the bourgeoisie. That is how the left gets their bogus "identity politics" theories from, and much of the far left is, in fact, bent heavily Marxist. They are applying Marxist thought to cultural issues - cultural Marxism. Most people don't seem to be using the term to refer to a cabal of big-nosed Jews who are plotting the overthrow of western civilization. What they are referring to are the far left, post-modern douchebags who are, in fact, against western values and enlightenment values because, by definition, that is what postmodernism is against.

The left characterizes any attempt to describe the philosophies and ideas of the far left as conspiracy theories and fake. Like, when people started referring to the far left as "alt left." The first thing they do is try to say that there is no such thing as "alt left" when we can all see that, of course, there is a far, radical left - it does exist - and if someone wants to pin the label "alt left" on it, then that's what they're talking about. Same with cultural Marxism - they want to say that it's all a great big Nazi conspiracy theory, because they don't want a name put on the ideas and beliefs that they hold.

There are people who subscribe to identity politics, intersectional feminism, and the concepts of marginalized/oppressor groups, etc. These folks tend to be postmodernist in philosophy, and if not Marxist then sympathetic to Marxist ideas. They are far left, and that's what far lefties believe. So, to call that "cultural Marxism" is as good a name as any. But, I'm also happy just calling them the far left. That's what they are. They are anti-West -- that's what they mean when they say they are against the "capitalist patriarchy." They're against capitalism, and they tend to have only one option to replace it with. They use words like "lived experience" and "identify as" and they pit one group against another. Truth is relative to power - the postmodernist narrative - i.e. white people are racist because they have class power, but black people can't be racist because they don't -- epistemic relativism, plain and simple. Men can be sexist, but women can't - epistemic relativism. Listen and believe the lived experience of women - it's not the empirical evidence that matters, someone expressed their lived experience. All that is part of the far left pitting of group against group in the power struggle, instead of economic class vs. economic class. Ergo - postmodernism nested in a bed of Marxism.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:15 pm

Sure, in academia there are people with at least some of the ideas you mention, and many of them are pretty hard-line and irrationally sure of their own position. Some mild versions of their ideas intersect with some pretty tame trends in modern society, which are typically no more than attempts to reduce structural inequality. But their ability to migrate hard-core left ideology into effective real world change is limited, to say the least. You are vastly exaggerating their true impact.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:16 am

Forty Two wrote:Just in its usage. {snipped opinion}
So no actual evidence.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:30 am

And here you accept the conspiracy theory.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:05 pm

Milo's Alt-right Trollapalooza seems to have crashed and burned without any help from those anti-fa terrorist bastards.

'Yiannopoulos’ Planned ‘Free Speech Week’ Appears To Implode Spectacularly'
Milo Yiannopoulos’ much-hyped plan to yet again rile the University of California at Berkeley’s campus by inviting a host of provocative far-right icons for four days of public speeches appears to have imploded in spectacular fashion.

According to new reports in Vanity Fair and Mediaite, after student organizers failed to file the proper paperwork to reserve university buildings, and after Yiannopolous apparently neglected to notify some of the scheduled speakers that the event was even happening, the affair has been reduced to a Saturday press conference in San Francisco.

“Free Speech Week” seems to have been something of a fiasco from the start.

[continues]