Republicans

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: Republicans

Post by Tero » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:25 pm

My Finnish-American friend: Trump voters can’t see past the t-shirt they are wearing.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:35 pm

Animavore wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:18 pm
Most of Fox. Except that one guy who still has integrity. Can't remember his name, or figure out why he's not fired.
You're probably thinking of Shep Smith, the token Fox News gay/sane person.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:43 am

He's not a token, they just fear he'd take them to the cleaners on discrimnation grounds if they fired him.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:04 am

I just learned today that I can no longer vote straight party. Apparently the Republicans think this will help them? :dunno:

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:23 am

uh what is "voting straight party"?

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:30 am

--straight ticket-- I could just give my vote to all the Democrats running without going through the ballot.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:32 am

and so the GOP appeal to stop doing that? weird.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:52 am

Texas was one of the last places to offer it.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:08 am

Republicans

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:13 am

:funny: I love how some Americans seem unable to tell that his characters are a total pisstake.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:42 am

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:36 am

Appropriate that he ate dick in that... :hehe:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:20 am

The Republican tax cut has put plenty of money in the hands of the wealthy, but has had little effect other than that.

'Trump’s Tax Cut Hasn’t Done Anything for Workers'
A few months ago, I cautioned that Americans should be patient before deciding what effect President Donald Trump’s tax cuts have had on the economy. It takes a while for companies to make investment decisions, more time for those decisions to be implemented and even more time for the resulting changes in labor demand to bid up workers’ wages. It therefore takes months or even years before the full impact of the tax bill will be known.

But it’s also important to evaluate policies like Trump’s tax reform as quickly as possible. Not only is this critical for deciding whether to change course, but as more time goes on, the effects of a policy can become harder to assess. Two years from now, plenty of other things will have had time to affect the economy, including Trump’s trade war and natural economic forces. And now that the tax cut has been in effect for a half-year, the results are starting to trickle in.

First, the tax reform hasn’t yet resulted in appreciably higher wages for American workers. Real average hourly compensation actually fell in the first quarter after the tax reform was passed ...

But perhaps two quarters is too early to expect results in this area. A better gauge might be business investment — if the tax reform is spurring businesses to increase capital expenditure, as it was supposed to do, then wage increases will probably follow in due course.

Some have expressed dismay that stock buybacks seem to have taken precedence over boosting capital investment. Since the tax cuts passed, companies have been using buybacks to return record amounts of cash to shareholders — more than $700 billion in the first two quarters. That naturally raises the possibility that companies don’t have good projects to invest in. If companies pass their tax windfall on to shareholders, those investors can choose to react by increasing consumption — meaning more of society’s resources go to the wealthy. They can also choose to invest the money in other companies with better growth prospects — but if those companies are also reacting by returning the money to their shareholders, rather than making capital expenditures, not much is getting accomplished.
But, but, it will increase revenue or at least pay for itself, right?
This tepid rate of growth means that the tax cut is unlikely to pay for itself. By this point, almost all economists recognize that income tax cuts no longer stimulate the economy enough to reduce deficits, as supply-siders thought they would back in the 1980s. But economists still held out some hope that lowering the corporate tax, which is believed to be more harmful than the personal income tax, would have a more salutary effect on the budget. Unfortunately, that hope appears to be fading, as fiscal deficits increase rapidly.

There’s still the possibility that Trump’s tax reform will bear fruit in the long term. But early results are pointing to another possibility — that tax cuts have run their course as an economic policy.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:37 pm

The 'legislative terrorist' and lying sack of shit Jim Jordan says that he wants to be Speaker of the House. He's established his position as a perennially hyper-partisan buffoon which should work in his favor--the Trump Republican party loves buffoons.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:40 pm

Click on image for video.