Republicans

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Supporting Republican is supporting...

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:49 am

Animavore wrote:White supremacy.
Wage theft.
Ecocide.
Indoctrination.
Child abuse.
Sexual abuse.
Sexual discrimination.
Misogyny.
Corporate state.
Homophobia.
Medical manslaughter.
State sponsered murder.
Jingoism.
Industrial prison complex.
Slavery.
Incompetence.
Censoring of free enquiry.
Anti-science.
Eugenics.
Corporate crime.
Cruelty to animals.
Paedophilia.

Anything left out?
Respecting dictators.
Giving narcissist an even worse reputation.
Giving 42 an even worse reputation.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Re: Republicans

Post by Seabass » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:46 am

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:00 pm

GOP: still draining the swamp into DC
With friends like Senate Republicans, who needs enemies?

As one friend told me, "If Senate Republicans had been at Gettysburg, they would have cut and run at the first sound of cannon fire and Robert E. Lee’s Army of Northern Virginia would have defeated the Union army of General George Meade."

In fact, if Senate Republicans do to tax reform what they did to replacing Obamacare, they can most likely say hello to a U.S. House controlled by Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., in 2018.

But no one should be surprised at their failure to stand together against a united Democratic and media resistance to the Trump agenda. At the first hint of scandal or controversy, Democrats usually rally and unite like a family under siege, while Republicans run over each other trying to be the first to say, "don’t blame me I’m on the right side."

Just look at how Senate Republicans are running for cover to get as far away as possible from Roy Moore, the anti-GOP establishment candidate for the U.S. Senate in Alabama.

Moore is under siege from a decades old accusation of sexual misconduct with then teen-age girls. As serious as these allegations are, and they are very serious — they are allegations only!

Many will recall the allegations of sexual misconduct and harassment made against Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas by those on the left in an attempt deny him confirmation to the U.S. Supreme Court.
https://www.newsmax.com/ClarenceVMcKee/ ... id/825838/
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:48 pm

Newsmax? LOL.

The allegations against Moore are creepy. I think any guy who would be pursuing romantic relationships with a 16 or 17 year old girl when he is 32 years old is off his rocker. The allegation about the 14 year old is even creepier. Some part of it is true, because Moore's statements are qualified and offered with what amounts to artful wording, especially his reference to parental permission. Honestly, if he dated a teenager with the girl's parents' permission, that's creepy enough in and of itself, in my opinion. I'm not one for moralizing, in most instances, and if the guy is a sexually adventurous person doing all kinds of wacky stuff, then that's his business, but my only exception is when we're talking about kids.

I think it says something about a guy that as an adult - a legal professional, no less - that hes' focusing on kids and not grown women. I've always wondered about that - the 20-something guy who is dating a high school girl. Being in your 30s with a law careers, that's another level entirely.

I'm not a fan of Moore, and I don't need allegations like this to be against him. He was a lawless, activist judge pursuing the agenda of the Christian religious right. Under no circumstances should he be elected to anything.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:59 pm

Forty Two wrote:Newsmax? LOL.

The allegations against Moore are creepy. I think any guy who would be pursuing romantic relationships with a 16 or 17 year old girl when he is 32 years old is off his rocker. The allegation about the 14 year old is even creepier. Some part of it is true, because Moore's statements are qualified and offered with what amounts to artful wording, especially his reference to parental permission. Honestly, if he dated a teenager with the girl's parents' permission, that's creepy enough in and of itself, in my opinion. I'm not one for moralizing, in most instances, and if the guy is a sexually adventurous person doing all kinds of wacky stuff, then that's his business, but my only exception is when we're talking about kids.

I think it says something about a guy that as an adult - a legal professional, no less - that hes' focusing on kids and not grown women. I've always wondered about that - the 20-something guy who is dating a high school girl. Being in your 30s with a law careers, that's another level entirely.

I'm not a fan of Moore, and I don't need allegations like this to be against him. He was a lawless, activist judge pursuing the agenda of the Christian religious right. Under no circumstances should he be elected to anything.
Donald Trump has been making disturbing comments about young girls for years
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:05 am

Though the Attorney General of the United States has made some progress with his memory, sadly he's still having serious problems with it.

"Sessions: ‘I Do Now Recall’ Papadopoulos Meeting"

In his testimony on November 14, it was clear that his recovery is nowhere near complete. 'Jeff Sessions Gets Hammered for Repeatedly Telling Congress “I Don’t Recall” Russia Contacts'
Attorney General Jeff Sessions faced a grilling in Congress on Tuesday over his repeated failure to remember key facts about communications between the Donald Trump campaign and Russian officials during the 2016 presidential race.

'I Do Not Recall Whether or Not I Am Jeff Sessions'
I don’t have any recollection of participation in any sessions with a “Jeff.” Is that what you’re asking? Presumably there were meetings, but things were happening so fast during the campaign that I cannot confirm that I was at those meetings, whether I was kissing Sergey Kislyak after one of those meetings, or whether this is all a hallucination.

There was a campaign. I am sure of that. There was this pumpkin-headed Harvest God with hair made of corn silk. I recall being told that there should be no other gods before Him, and if there were, I do not remember those other gods. But it’s all a blur. And I might just be someone watching news flashes on a television bolted to the cinderblock wall of a small back room in a large institution.

Yes, it is conceivable that I am someone else entirely. I could be Seth Jefferson, inmate at a psychiatric hospital in Maryland, and victim of a prolonged delusion in which I am Attorney General of the United States. Or I could be an elf who lives in a tree and bakes cookies.

The Democrats were probably colluding with the Russians. It seems more likely, since traditionally Republicans have been anti-Russia. It is possible that the Democrats made contact with the Russians, using my mind as a portal, because I do not know what happens in there.

I have so many meetings with so many low-level people who might be figments of my imagination that I can’t remember any of the people or any of the meetings. If anyone said anything in any of those meetings, I have no recollection of their words. In my mind, the past is a kaleidoscope of random images with a psychedelic soundtrack.

You tell me that someone said “Putin” in one of those meetings. If I did recall hearing that, then I might have heard it differently. I might have heard, “I’ll be puttin’ these cookies in the oven and baking them at 350 degrees.” But I have no recollection of that.

I might not even be here right now.

I recuse myself. After all, I might be some cartoon character who never worked in government at all. Or I might be buckled up in a straightjacket, sitting slumped in the corner of a padded room, dreaming of someone else’s life.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:18 am

It’s complicated! But the good news is they can destroy Obamacare and the working class at the same time!! Win win!

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/ ... ate-244940

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:40 am

Tax bill is close in Senate, just lost a senator
https://www.wsj.com/articles/republican ... 1510777290

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:01 am

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:24 pm

Damn straight. That the Republicans are taking the denialist route makes them the enemy of the people. They and their destructive ideology need to be wiped off the political map for generations to come. Hopefully their scumbag leader sets in a chain of motions which see these evil sociopaths pushed to the margins, their brand completely tarnished.
Many conservatives, and some progressives too, claim that Al Gore made climate change political. But I now realize he didn’t. Al Gore was simply the first major political figure that took a stand on climate change. He would have loved to have been joined by anyone of any political persuasion. I firmly believe that the denialism we see from conservatives in the USA is partly because they cannot bring themselves to admit he was right.

In many people’s subconscious, it is better to deny the science and damn the world than admit a liberal former vice president was correct. And that failure is on them. Better people would rise above gut emotions and follow facts faithfully to where they lead. Instead, most US conservatives have tied their legacy to a climate denial movement that is causing and will cause irreparable harm to the planet, its biology, and human societies.

A party that calls itself “conservative” has acted out of accord with its stated values. And this fact should anger true conservatives. How could they allow an entire party to be tarred with this damning legacy? It isn’t Mr. Gore’s fault that conservatives have made climate denial a litmus test for their party. It isn’t Gore’s fault that conservative politicians have been bought by fossil fuel industries who have attacked climate science and climate scientists. It isn’t Al Gore’s fault that the Republican Party has stood in the way of the development of clean renewable fuels in the US. That is on them. It isn’t Mr. Gore’s fault that the very few conservatives who have taken a principled stand have been cast out from their party. The politicization of science is their scar.
https://skepticalscience.com/inconvenie ... eview.html
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:01 pm

I love it when these hypocritical arseholes get busted.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 60631.html
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:33 pm

The 33-year-old, who has been branded the “conscience of the conservative movement”, resigned for “inappropriate conduct” shortly after the meeting took place.
Oops!
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: Supporting Republican is supporting...

Post by Animavore » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:24 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Animavore wrote:White supremacy.
Wage theft.
Ecocide.
Indoctrination.
Child abuse.
Sexual abuse.
Sexual discrimination.
Misogyny.
Corporate state.
Homophobia.
Medical manslaughter.
State sponsered murder.
Jingoism.
Industrial prison complex.
Slavery.
Incompetence.
Censoring of free enquiry.
Anti-science.
Eugenics.
Corporate crime.
Cruelty to animals.
Paedophilia.

Anything left out?
Respecting dictators.
Giving narcissist an even worse reputation.
Giving 42 an even worse reputation.
Killing this cute little fella and his family -------------------------------->

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Paul Ryan gets to live his college dream before he is voted out next term: Fuck the poor!
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/17/the-tax ... e-why.html
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:09 pm

Amazing how similar this is to the Christian right of America too.