Republicans

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: Republicans

Post by Hermit » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:41 pm

Tero wrote:Rand Paul says first sensible thing for years
You know, even a blind chook...

About five years ago he commissioned this advert. It makes a lot of sense.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:59 am

That's easy to rebut: American Exceptionalism. What America does is automatically right. So who cares whether local citizens in foreign countries object to US military presence.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:33 pm

Trump lap dogs barking at Congressional Budget Office, planning to defund it
https://thinkprogress.org/congressmen-s ... ebb9e8ed33

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:50 pm

The Daddy Party :funny:
Healthcare is hard and Republicans hate talking about it because it puts them at an automatic disadvantage. Years ago, Chris Matthews described the GOP as the Daddy Party and the Democrats as the Mommy Party. If you can get past the outrageously gendered stereotype, the point remains. Those mansplaining Republicans like to talk about toughness and saving money. The nurturing Democrats like to talk about taking care of people. Healthcare was always a Mommy issue and Republicans can never out-hug Democrats on it. Once the GOP bought into the argument that maximizing coverage is the benchmark of success, real repeal was already dead.
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la ... story.html

Trump the wimp that roared
Trump is a weak president. “It's very sad that Republicans, even some that were carried over the line on my back, do very little to protect their president,” Trump lamented on Twitter over the weekend. Trumpologists tend to think this was a reference to the Russia imbroglio, but it’s relevant to the healthcare debacle as well. Every GOP senator — and 90% of those in Congress — outperformed Trump in 2016. He won on their coattails, not the other way around.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:55 pm

"So, I just came up here after receiving some excellent health care to vote to take health care away from millions. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go back to receiving excellent health care." --John McCain

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:35 pm

There's enough money to bribe all 100 senators if necessary:
Since 2003, Sen. Shelby has taken just over $630,000 in campaign committees and leadership PAC contributions from various health care related groups, according to Open Secrets, a website that tracks money in U.S. politics. A majority of those contributions came from companies within the pharmaceutical, nursing home and hospital industries, among others.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/0 ... lby_a.html

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:37 pm

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:54 am

It's just talk! Just talk, that's all.

"GOP lawmaker suggests duel with female senators"
Rep. Blake Farenthold (R-Texas) suggested in a recent interview that he'd like to duel with female senators he blames for the Senate's failure to repeal and replace ObamaCare.

Farenthold told a radio station in Corpus Christi, Texas, on Friday that “some female senators from the Northeast” are responsible for the Senate’s failure to pass a bill, The Associated Press reported Monday.

“If it was a guy from south Texas, I might ask him to step outside and settle this Aaron Burr-style,” Farenthold added.

Vice President Aaron Burr shot and killed Alexander Hamilton, the United States' first Treasury secretary and a signatory of the Constitution, in a duel in 1804.
"'Snatch a Knot in Their Ass': GOP Congressman Defends President Trump's Criticism of Sen. Lisa Murkowski"
Georgia Republican Congressman Buddy Carter defended President Donald Trump's criticism of Alaska Senator Lisa Murkowski Wednesday, saying the President's tweet condemning her over her opposition to the GOP's efforts to repeal Obamacare was justified and that someone needs go to the Senate and "snatch a knot in their ass."

And the expression "snatch a knot," for what it's worth, means "to hit someone, usually used in a threat of punishment or retribution," according to Urban Dictionary's top definition. Google searches for the term spiked Wednesday following its usage by Carter.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:58 pm

Tero wrote:Trump lap dogs barking at Congressional Budget Office, planning to defund it
https://thinkprogress.org/congressmen-s ... ebb9e8ed33
Good. Defund it.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:00 pm

Tero wrote:"So, I just came up here after receiving some excellent health care to vote to take health care away from millions. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go back to receiving excellent health care." --John McCain
One of the first things they should do is eliminate the Congressional health care plan, and make the $170,000 per year congressmen pay for their own insurance purchased off exchange on the open market. The fact that they get free health insurance is ridiculous.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:01 pm

Tero wrote:There's enough money to bribe all 100 senators if necessary:
Since 2003, Sen. Shelby has taken just over $630,000 in campaign committees and leadership PAC contributions from various health care related groups, according to Open Secrets, a website that tracks money in U.S. politics. A majority of those contributions came from companies within the pharmaceutical, nursing home and hospital industries, among others.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/0 ... lby_a.html
That's how they passed Obamashit in the first place.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:03 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:It's just talk! Just talk, that's all.

"GOP lawmaker suggests duel with female senators"
As always, the headline doesn't match the facts. He did not suggest a duel with the female Senators. He suggested that if they were male, he'd ask them to step outside for duel. What he said was exactly the opposite.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:43 pm

Inoright?!? Because there's nothing inappropriate about expressing a desire to shoot at your fellow senators as long as they're male, believe me. It doesn't send a harmful message to any wackaloons that might be on the edge, or anything. Also, saying that people who frustrate you or disagree with your position should be hit is a time-honoured tradition. Snowflakes!!!1!

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:51 pm

Tero wrote:"So, I just came up here after receiving some excellent health care to vote to take health care away from millions. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go back to receiving excellent health care." --John McCain
Yah but he voted against repeal.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:56 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:Inoright?!? Because there's nothing inappropriate about expressing a desire to shoot at your fellow senators as long as they're male, believe me. It doesn't send a harmful message to any wackaloons that might be on the edge, or anything. Also, saying that people who frustrate you or disagree with your position should be hit is a time-honoured tradition. Snowflakes!!!1!
Whether it's inappropriate is a different question. He just didn't ask for a duel with female Senators. He said he would duel them, if they were male. Because traditionally we don't treat women the way we'd treat men. And, likely he's speaking metaphorically there.