Republicans

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Re: Republicans

Post by Seabass » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:28 am

I like the mascot.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:34 am

Poll: Kim Jong Un has higher approval among Republicans than Pelosi
More Republicans view North Korean leader Kim Jong Un favorably than do House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), according to a poll released Monday.

The Ipsos survey conducted for the Daily Beast found that among Republicans, 19 percent indicated they hold a favorable opinion of Kim, while 17 percent said they have a favorable opinion of Pelosi.

Sixty-eight percent of Republicans said they held an unfavorable opinion of Kim, while 72 percent said they had an unfavorable view of Pelosi.

“On a daily basis, President Trump praises this dictator and thug so it only makes sense that his party is following his lead like lemmings over a cliff," Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill wrote in an email to The Hill responding to the poll findings.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:29 pm

I wonder if Democrats would have a similar reaction when comparing Trump with Kim Jong Un?

Anyway, Kim has an 80% approval rating among South Koreans. http://time.com/5262898/kim-jong-un-approval-rating/ meanwhile Pelosi has a 28% approval rating among Americans....
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:04 pm

Putin has a 100% approval rating.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:15 pm

Shit, mine is only 99%... :nono:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:58 pm

JimC wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:15 pm
Shit, mine is only 99%... :nono:
Sorry, not sorry. :razzle:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:59 am

The Heritage Foundation has helped Republicans do their thinking for decades. An unmitigated conspiracy theory fruit-loop was invited to speak at an event there yesterday.

'Jerome Corsi Just Spoke At DC’s Most Powerful Think Tank'
Infowars Washington bureau chief Jerome Corsi spoke this afternoon before a crowd at the Heritage Foundation, a right-wing think tank that has poured staffers into positions in the Trump administration. Corsi’s appearance at Heritage, which has also had a hand in picking Trump’s judicial nominees, is further evidence that whatever line may have once separated the conservative establishment from the far-right fringe has been steadily erased in the Trump era.

Despite the fact that Corsi is an off-the-wall conspiracy theorist, he is somehow still treated seriously by some who travel in mainstream conservative circles, allowing him to get columns in publications like USA Today and book interviews on C-SPAN and Newsmax. Today, he was hosted by one of the most powerful conservative organizations in the nation.

Corsi was introduced by Nancy Schulze, founder of Republican Congressional Wives Speakers, as well as a “Women for Trump” bus tour in North Carolina. She is in town to address the “Tea for Trump” event at the Trump International Hotel in Washington this weekend, where a member of the president’s family is expected to attend. Schulze introduced him as “master truth-teller, Jerome Corsi.”

Corsi’s “truth-telling” has included devoting countless hours to promoting a conspiracy theory known as “The Storm,” which centers around the assertion that President Trump personally ordered a high-level administration official with top-level security clearance to post riddles on 4chan and 8chan as a coded message to right-wing conspiracy theorists that Trump is secretly taking down a vast network of satanic pedophiles, including many Democrats. Corsi’s book “Killing the Deep State,” was waved by attendees at an April march of “The Storm” believers. During his “research,” Corsi has baselessly accused various people of being pedophiles, promised that video will be released showing elites butchering children, and challenged multiple federal officials to fight him behind the Department of Justice.

Corsi is also a chief proponent of the “birther” conspiracy theory suggesting that Barack Obama was not born in the United States and wrote a book in 2004 promoting unfounded “Swift Boat” claims that John Kerry lied about his time in the military.

During his talk, Corsi told attendees that former FBI Director James Comey and Special Counsel Rob Mueller had laundered billions of dollars per day for drug cartels and terrorists, and reasserted his claims that information about a global satanic pedophile network would soon be revealed.

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Post by Woodbutcher » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:59 pm

I think it's Hermitage, not Heritage Foundation. The conduct is dictated from Moscow.
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:53 pm

It's all Koch brothers funded. They also publish "science" which is only reviewed by Heritage Foundation.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:34 am

Republicans are definitely not racist!

http://thehill.com/latino/393666-steve- ... g-material
GOP lawmaker calls detained children ‘prime MS-13 gang material’
Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) on Friday tweeted that a group of detained migrant children look like "prime MS-13 gang material."

King made the statement in response to lawyer Michael Avenatti's picture of a group of detained boys he said were being transported out of McAllen, Texas, on Thursday. Avenatti, the attorney representing adult-film actress Stormy Daniels in her lawsuit against President Trump, said he did not know where the boys were being taken and that separating them from their parents was a "disgrace."

King said the boys look much older than children.

“'Young boys' all old enough to be tried as adults or serve in the military and are prime MS-13 gang material & certainly grew up in the culture of one of the top 10 most violent countries in the world," King tweeted.

His tweet came two days after Trump signed an executive order ending the practice of separating families at the U.S.-Mexico border. However, it remains unclear how the thousands of families that have already been divided will be reunited.

King has been criticized before for making comments opposed to diversity and immigration. His remarks on Friday came about a week after he retweeted a prominent British neo-Nazi.

“Europe is waking up...Will America...in time?” King wrote in a quote tweet of Mark Collett, former chairman of the youth division of the British National Party.

That tweet came in response to a a screenshot of a Breitbart article that said 65 percent "of Italians under the age of 35 now oppose mass immigration."

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:51 pm

I think it's safe to say conservative columnist George WIll is no longer a Republican:
Vote against the GOP this November

Amid the carnage of Republican misrule in Washington, there is this glimmer of good news: The family-shredding policy along the southern border, the most telegenic recent example of misrule, clarified something. Occurring less than 140 days before elections that can reshape Congress, the policy has given independents and temperate Republicans — these are probably expanding and contracting cohorts, respectively — fresh if redundant evidence for the principle by which they should vote.

The principle: The congressional Republican caucuses must be substantially reduced. So substantially that their remnants, reduced to minorities, will be stripped of the Constitution’s Article I powers that they have been too invertebrate to use against the current wielder of Article II powers. They will then have leisure time to wonder why they worked so hard to achieve membership in a legislature whose unexercised muscles have atrophied because of people like them.
In today’s GOP, which is the president’s plaything, he is the mainstream. So, to vote against his party’s cowering congressional caucuses is to affirm the nation’s honor while quarantining him. A Democratic-controlled Congress would be a basket of deplorables, but there would be enough Republicans to gum up the Senate’s machinery, keeping the institution as peripheral as it has been under their control and asphyxiating mischief from a Democratic House. And to those who say, “But the judges, the judges!” the answer is: Article III institutions are not more important than those of Articles I and II combined.
Affirm the nation’s honor? How about keeping the fool from driving us off a cliff?

Self interest trumps principles in The Donald's USA.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:57 am

Kennedy retirement jolts 2018 Senate races
Red-state Republicans hammered Democratic senators as obstacles to adding another conservative judge to the Supreme Court.

By JAMES ARKIN

06/27/2018 06:41 PM EDT

Republican Senate candidates lashed out at Democratic incumbents after Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy’s retirement announcement Wednesday, arguing that the Democrats have stood in the way of conservative judges backed by President Donald Trump and their constituents.

Kennedy’s decision has roiled the midterm election landscape, two years after a Supreme Court vacancy played a critical role in Trump’s successful presidential campaign. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said he intends to confirm Kennedy’s replacement this fall, and conservative groups quickly signaled they would spend heavily on the confirmation fight.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:29 pm

You know what? when I remember that Kennedy was on the Majority side for Kelo v new london, I'm not so sure thathis seat is the last liberal swing seat...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:48 pm

It's good to know that Republicans are concerned about the issues that really matter.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:57 pm

It's the gateway mentality. First you're swearin' like it's nothing, then you're actually ****ing, and then what, abortion?