Republicans

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Republicans

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:11 am

Of course, and a lot of it was illegible.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:37 pm

This perfectly encapsulates the difference between Republicans and Democrats. Bigotry, xenophobia, fear, and violence on one side, egalitarianism and science on the other.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:31 pm

What do you think?
https://www.theonion.com/laura-ingraham ... 1824218944
”Sometimes, we all need 12 companies to remind us to do the right thing by pulling their advertising.”

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:04 am

:hilarious:
Colorado GOP group apologizes for accidentally admitting Republicans 'hate poor people'

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch ... -hate-poor

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:59 am

They really are clueless. The sad thing is, though, that most conservatives won't see anything wrong with that. It's why I think conservatives need to be removed from civilised society and put on their own island to fuck each other over.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:22 am

Vox: Studies: Democratic politicians represent middle-class voters. GOP politicians don’t.

If you think American politics is a rigged shell game, where the views of the rich and powerful count but those of regular Americans don’t, then two prominent political scientists agree with you.

Three years ago, Martin Gilens of UCLA and Benjamin Page of Northwestern released a paper with a startling, disturbing conclusion: The opinions of rich people affect public policy, but the views of average, middle-class Americans don’t. They did this by leveraging an impressive, comprehensive database that Gilens spent years building: It compiled public opinion polls of Americans (broken down by income level) on various policy issues, then compared their opinions with what actually happened.

Gilens and Page found that the model that best predicted policy outcomes based on public opinion was "Economic-Elite Domination" — where the rich have influence, and the rest do not.

It’s an attractive theory, and while its validity has been directly challenged by a number of other political scientists, it’s seeped into the public consciousness. It helped explain, and motivate, the appeal of outsider anti-elite campaigns like that of Bernie Sanders, and reinforced a sense that politicians of both parties have been bought off.

But since then, new research has painted a more nuanced, and in many ways more intriguing, portrait of how well or poorly Washington represents the views of the American people. This research suggests that not all politicians ignore the views of the poor and middle class.

Democratic elected officials are much likelier to share the policy opinions of the poor or middle class on economic policy, while Republican officials are likelier to diverge from middle-class public opinion in favor of representing the views of the wealthy.

In other words, Congress isn’t just an undifferentiated mass ignoring what the public thinks. Party matters.

Using big data to see if members of Congress agree with their rich or poor constituents
The Gilens dataset has been the basis for a large and growing body literature that’s impossible to cover in full in a single article. But four papers in particular have all suggested a strong difference between how Republican and Democratic politicians represent public opinion...

full article:
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... ic-opinion

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:46 pm

GOP lawmaker to introduce legislation to mandate picture of president, VP at post offices

Rep. Dan Donovan (R-N.Y.) is planning to introduce legislation that will mandate that post offices of the U.S. Postal Service display photos of the president and the vice president.

A draft of the legislation Donovan plans to introduce says it would require that official portraits of the president and vice president be displayed side-by-side.

The proposal comes after a Staten Island resident alerted Donovan that a local post office put up photos of former President Obama and former Vice President Joe Biden, but did not display photos of President Trump or Vice President Pence.

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch ... esident-vp

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:54 pm

They already made some Trump stamps, right? But they would not stick to the envelope because everybody spat onnthe face side.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:59 pm

Please tell me there aren't really Trump stamps. :?

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:05 pm

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:03 am

Tero wrote:They already made some Trump stamps, right? But they would not stick to the envelope because everybody spat onnthe face side.
:lol:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:35 am

Seabass wrote:Image
What a waste of a lovely downy bum. I trust it is not permanent?
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:43 am

”That $4,000 raise Donald Trump and Paul Ryan promised you was a trickle-down lie
Take it from a rich business guy, we only give out raises when we have to. Don't count on that $4,000 Donald Trump & Paul Ryan promised from tax cuts.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 471188002/

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:40 pm

Axios:
House Speaker Paul Ryan has told confidants that he will announce soon that he won't run for reelection in November, according to sources with knowledge of the conversations.

Why it matters: House Republicans were already in a very tough spot for the midterms, with many endangered members and the good chance that Democrats could win the majority.

“This is a Titanic, tectonic shift. … This is going to make every Republican donor believe the House can’t be held.” The announcement will help Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) in his fundraising because “the Senate becomes the last bastion," the Republican said.
Background:

This decision has been long rumored but his final deliberations were held extremely closely.
Ryan, 48, was the Republican vice presidential nominee in 2012, and has long harbored presidential ambitions. Friends say he could make another run in the future.
Friends say that after Ryan passed tax reform, his longtime dream, he was ready to step out of a job that has become endlessly frustrating, in part because of President Trump.
Friends say Ryan was contemplating a minority or slim majority and decided that there was no good time to leave — it was time for at least a stint in private life.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:31 pm