Republicans

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Republicans

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:19 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Tero wrote:Trump lap dogs barking at Congressional Budget Office, planning to defund it
https://thinkprogress.org/congressmen-s ... ebb9e8ed33
Good. Defund it.
Why?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:20 pm

Because Obama...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:26 pm

Forty Two wrote:
L'Emmerdeur wrote:It's just talk! Just talk, that's all.

"GOP lawmaker suggests duel with female senators"
As always, the headline doesn't match the facts. He did not suggest a duel with the female Senators. He suggested that if they were male, he'd ask them to step outside for duel. What he said was exactly the opposite.
A good point well made. Women are automatically protected from imperative acts of summary justice in the pursuit of personal honour. Perhaps he should have challenged her to a quilt off.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:29 pm

laklak wrote:Most people can't hit the broadside of a barn at 20 paces with a flintlock.
You can hit it every time if you throw it.

Damn: pErvy beat me to it.

Frank Zappa

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:34 pm

It's pretty clear it's going to be hard for Trump to last 2 years, unless he agrees to golf and tweet the 2nd year. Politicians and the millitary have learned to ignore his tweets.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:08 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Forty Two wrote:

As always, the headline doesn't match the facts. He did not suggest a duel with the female Senators. He suggested that if they were male, he'd ask them to step outside for duel. What he said was exactly the opposite.
A good point well made. Women are automatically protected from imperative acts of summary justice in the pursuit of personal honour. Perhaps he should have challenged her to a quilt off.
Bron would thrash him! She is a mad keen quilter!
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:20 pm

Darning needles at dawn.

Frank Zappa

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:36 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Tero wrote:Trump lap dogs barking at Congressional Budget Office, planning to defund it
Good. Defund it.
Why?
Because it is a worthless waste of money.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:43 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Forty Two wrote:

Be that as it may or may not be, he did not suggest a duel with female senators. He didn't actually challenge anyone to a duel and was clearly speaking figuratively, like saying the folks that torpedoed the bill should be taken out to the woodshed or made to walk the plank.,
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:01 am

Forty Two wrote: Democratic Maine Representative Scott Hamann Tweeted of Trump "Trump is a half-term president, at most, especially if I ever get within 10 feet of that pussy." Do you think he literally means that if Hamann gets within 10 feet of Trump, Trump's Presidency will be over?
Let's hope so! :{D
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:49 am

Forty Two wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Good. Defund it.
Why?
Because it is a worthless waste of money.
Do you think a government carries a responsibility to fairly cost its legislative proposals and policies?

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:50 am

Why are you bothering? The CBO is a shill for Obamillary.
Last edited by pErvinalia on Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:50 am

Forty Two wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Forty Two wrote:

Be that as it may or may not be, he did not suggest a duel with female senators. He didn't actually challenge anyone to a duel and was clearly speaking figuratively, like saying the folks that torpedoed the bill should be taken out to the woodshed or made to walk the plank.,
That hole's just getting deeper. Perhaps it's time to stop digging.

Frank Zappa

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:33 am

JimC wrote:I am more interested in publicans... :cheers:
qn expensive proposal :td:
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:50 am

Forty Two wrote:Really - you think he really means that if the Senators were men, he'd seriously demand that they step out back for a duel?
No. Mostly because he never said he'd demand that they step out back for a duel. I just go by what Farenthold did say: "If it was a guy from south Texas, I might ask him to step outside and settle this Aaron Burr-style"

I'm actually surprised that you have not yet argued that this is not even about a duel at all. Firstly, Fartandhold never said "duel", did he? Secondly, Aaron Burr did many things other than duelling. In fact he only duelled once, but he is said to have fathered at least three children out of wedlock. So, one might say, fucking women he is not married to is settling things Aaron Burr-style. Maybe that is how Fartandhold is desirous of settling this, except he'd rather fuck men.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould