Republicans

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Republicans

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:40 pm

But what about all those GOP seniors in Congress?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:37 pm

More than half of them are millionaires, and pretty much all the rest are very well off. None of them have the same money worries as poor people in the US. Senators are guaranteed pensions after serving one term (six years), Representatives after three terms of two years each. Their health care is subsidized by the government.

What's going on now is the eternal wet-dream of Republicans--tax cuts for the rich, paid for by cutting assistance to the most vulnerable poor. It's no wonder the zombie-eyed granny starver Paul Ryan is leaving--his mission is all but accomplished.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:41 pm

Seems like 42 is still ignoring inconvenient evidence.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:44 am

Well, I doubt he knows much about that time other than the GOP spin. After all, how old was he in 1986? Eight?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:24 pm

More Than 6,600 Wisconsin Republicans Voted for a Neo-Nazi in Last Night’s Primary
11% of the vote.
https://gritpost.com/6600-wisconsin-republicans/
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:56 pm

Kids don’t care if Prez is a criminal asshole?
Is there a bright side for Trump?
How about this statistic: “Only 28% of young adults say they are absolutely certain they will vote in the 2018 election compared to 74% of seniors,” according to a study by the non-profit PRRI. If the Democrats can’t take Congress, the notion of accountability for Trump may recede farther into the distance.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:33 am

Wow! This is brazen. After spending the last two decades spending millions trying to negatively influence public opinion on climate change with a campaign of misinformation, which included paying off dodgy scientists to 'speak out', the oil industry are asking the government to foot the bill (billions of tax payer money) for a sea wall to protect their business from the effects of climate change. And the corrupt Republican party, who are steeped in oil lobby funding all the way to the top, and have facilitated in spreading misinformation and running a campaign of denial and rejecting the Paris Agreement signed by nearly all the rest of the World, are only too happy to oblige.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-prot ... tal-spine/
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:59 am

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:30 pm

Tero wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:56 pm
Kids don’t care if Prez is a criminal asshole?
Is there a bright side for Trump?
How about this statistic: “Only 28% of young adults say they are absolutely certain they will vote in the 2018 election compared to 74% of seniors,” according to a study by the non-profit PRRI. If the Democrats can’t take Congress, the notion of accountability for Trump may recede farther into the distance.
Break their phones until they can prove they voted. Come on Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, now that you're people, you need to take a stand!

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:55 pm

Easy enough to stop the young adult vote, just release some rare Pokémons on election day.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:07 pm

:lol:

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:04 pm

Damn, this is true love.
CHARGED WITH FRAUD, DUNCAN HUNTER THROWS HIS WIFE UNDER BUS

Facing an inventory of campaign-finance violations that would make Paul Manafort blush, the California congressman is blaming his wife.

California Rep. Duncan Hunter was only one of the four Donald Trump allies slammed by the justice system this week, and possibly the least consequential of the bunch, but according to the unsealed indictment charging him with dozens of counts of campaign-finance fraud, the allegations against him are the most eye-popping. By the diminished standards of a congressman on a government salary, Hunter’s expenses rival Paul Manafort’s lavish lifestyle of rugs and an ostrich jacket: prosecutors allege that Hunter and his wife, Margaret Hunter, used the campaign’s coffers to buy housing supplies from Costco and Target, pay tuition and dental bills for their children, fund a more than $14,000 family vacation to Italy, and spent $250 dollars to bring a pet on a flight—all while racking up personal overdraft fees totaling more than $37,000. (Hunter and his wife have pleaded not guilty.)

“This is pure politics,” Hunter protested Thursday night on Fox News, saying that the charges were filed just before his re-election, and implying that the “Democrats’ arm of law enforcement” had it out for him. But he didn’t stop with the tried-and-true talking points: “When I went away to Iraq in 2003, the first time, I gave [Margaret] power of attorney. She handled my finances throughout my entire military career, and that continued on when I got into Congress,” he told Martha MacCallum, effectively blaming his wife for the scandal. “She was also the campaign manager, so whatever she did, that’ll be looked at too, I’m sure, but I didn’t do it.”
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:30 pm

:lol: hahahahaha, what a fucker!

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:08 pm

The fuckin' balls on this guy. After what the Republicans pulled with Merrick Garland...

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:23 pm

I lolled.