Hard Brexit or Hard Brexit

Whose Hard Brexit do you want to get shafted by?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:01 pm

Labour's Hard Brexit!
No votes
Tory Hard Brexit
13%
Cheese or bacon or something
88%

Total votes: 8

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: Hard Brexit or Hard Brexit

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:47 pm

A nice girl? Pure Dutch.

"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:32 pm

Does she give you a hard brexit?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:37 pm

Nope.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:41 pm

She is transgender. A top Dutch model.

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:47 pm

pErvin wrote:You're right. Dutch girls are so much better looking that that. Not plastic like her. And they wear clogs!
And smell of cheese.

I know, I once poked my finger in a dutch dyke.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:06 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:A nice girl? Pure Dutch.

Urrgh, she looks like a skeleton in a skin suit with shredded carpet for hair.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:26 am

Strontium Dog wrote:At the moment, the Tories are in pole position with their version of Hard Brexit, but in the event that their strongly unable government collapses, Labour are waiting in the wings to implement their Hard Brexit.

The Tory Hard Brexit will involve withdrawing Britain from the single market and ending freedom of movement, thus wrecking our economy for decades and ruining the life choices of an entire generation.

Labour's Hard Brexit is exactly the same, but with the dishonest pretence that we can have all the benefits of being in the single market while not being in it, which is about as likely as my ISP allowing me to have all the benefits of cable broadband, TV and telecoms without paying for it.

So whose Hard Brexit would you prefer?
Anybody who thinks Brexit is about the economy is a retard and should just stop posting on the issue.
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:12 am

DaveDodo007 wrote:Anybody who thinks Brexit is about the economy is a retard and should just stop posting on the issue.
Yeah, we know. Old hat. Some distinguished gentleman explained all long before the referendum.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:19 am

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:At the moment, the Tories are in pole position with their version of Hard Brexit, but in the event that their strongly unable government collapses, Labour are waiting in the wings to implement their Hard Brexit.

The Tory Hard Brexit will involve withdrawing Britain from the single market and ending freedom of movement, thus wrecking our economy for decades and ruining the life choices of an entire generation.

Labour's Hard Brexit is exactly the same, but with the dishonest pretence that we can have all the benefits of being in the single market while not being in it, which is about as likely as my ISP allowing me to have all the benefits of cable broadband, TV and telecoms without paying for it.

So whose Hard Brexit would you prefer?
Anybody who thinks Brexit is about the economy is a retard and should just stop posting on the issue.
The main motivation for those who wanted Brexit may not have been economic, but that does not stop it from having economic consequences. Much of the debate in this thread involve predictions ranging from very mild consequences to serious economic damage to the UK. Most of the predictions have been hot air, with no one really capable of accurately predictions of such a complex issue.

Britons will just have to suck it and see... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:00 am

One can't ignore the fact that the arguments during the lead up were in the main about the pros and cons regarding the economy. It is provably true however that remainers were generally more concerned about the economic impact than those who voted leave - many of whom voted through some sort of misguided sense of patriotism, national pride or downright anti EU sentiment.

In either case the most obvious consequence of leaving is likely to be economic.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:26 am

The main motivation was immigration which was the result of UK's laziness. If like every other country in the EU it had organised itself to handle the EU immigrants but it did not. Also it does not know where all immigrants went to. There is no form of registration. You dont have to have ID cards, we dont. Just a simple form of registration at the town/city hall or other offices.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:14 am

Your apparent hatred of the British belittles you. The 'lazy' approach to EU immigration you describe was in fact a deliberate policy of Tony Blair's and Gordon Brown's who decided on an open door policy for their own economic purposes. Under New Labour our economy grew pretty fast too. However the social consequences of unrestricted immigration were not sufficiently thought through I grant you.

Not all EU countries restrict immigration from within the EU in any case.

Incidentally I think the lack of a requirement to carry ID or have an ID card is a real liberal strength in this country.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:51 am

Rum wrote:Your apparent hatred of the British belittles you. The 'lazy' approach to EU immigration you describe was in fact a deliberate policy of Tony Blair's and Gordon Brown's who decided on an open door policy for their own economic purposes. Under New Labour our economy grew pretty fast too. However the social consequences of unrestricted immigration were not sufficiently thought through I grant you.

Not all EU countries restrict immigration from within the EU in any case.

Incidentally I think the lack of a requirement to carry ID or have an ID card is a real liberal strength in this country.
More excuses. Open door was a policy? The rules should have been enforced. The trouble of the British; not thinking things through like the present mob with Brexit. It appealed to the Little Englanders waving their flags thinking everyone will just bow down and do their bidding. Now the cold reality hits them like a cold wet cloth and they are running around headless hoping that someone will help them.

Long term has always been a problem is almost all sectors. It does not matter if its health, education, infrastructure or social structures.
In Europe plenty of countries do long term planning especially in infrastructure. This country started planning its sea defences in 1954 after the 1953 storm. They were all completed a few years ago. The bicycle infrastructure was started in the middle seventies and only recently completed but already updates are happening all the time and the car is pushed further and further out of towns and cities.

I said we dont have ID cards but you must register your place of residence. The UK has not got a clue who all lives in it.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:11 pm

Your antagonism to the UK overrides any sense of fair play or even rational argument. You just take opposing views because that's 'what you do' - as with most issues here. Perhaps you are just a curmudgeonly old guy - there are a few on here. But in any case I'm not going to argue with someone whose default position is opposition for its own sake.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:49 pm

Rum wrote:Your antagonism to the UK overrides any sense of fair play or even rational argument. You just take opposing views because that's 'what you do' - as with most issues here. Perhaps you are just a curmudgeonly old guy - there are a few on here. But in any case I'm not going to argue with someone whose default position is opposition for its own sake.
What are you on about fair play. When did the UK ever play fair? Now it does not like getting its nose rubbed into the shite it has caused.

What is 'opposition for its own sake' when that is at home. The Brexiteers never thought anything through. It was the Bullingdon Club all over again; "Smash up the restaurant guys, fathers will pay". The problem this time the fathers dont exist and they are fucked. Asking for a transition period (which they will not get) just proves the mess they are in.

You cant oppose Brexit as it is far too late. It has happened; letter sent and accepted. Date fixed and you are in limbo. You are a paying member without decision making powers in a club that will be very happy to see the back of tantrum kid. The 'no deal' scenario is looking a safe bet.