Hard Brexit or Hard Brexit

Whose Hard Brexit do you want to get shafted by?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:01 pm

Labour's Hard Brexit!
No votes
Tory Hard Brexit
13%
Cheese or bacon or something
88%

Total votes: 8

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: Hard Brexit or Hard Brexit

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:38 pm

Rum wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:19 pm
Well for one you keep insisting that the EU won't give on the question of a hard border in the island of Ireland. They obviously have. There won't be.

I'm not going to argue this out with you however as from past experience you just change the goal posts if you are proven wrong.
What are you on about? They have not moved on the NI border with the RoI. There wont be one. This deal excludes any hard border which has really pissed off the DUP.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:53 pm

Those orange thing prods can go fondle themselves, that the tories struck an alliance with them is proof of how rotten they are.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:10 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:38 pm
Rum wrote:
Well for one you keep insisting that the EU won't give on the question of a hard border in the island of Ireland. They obviously have. There won't be.

I'm not going to argue this out with you however as from past experience you just change the goal posts if you are proven wrong.
What are you on about? They have not moved on the NI border with the RoI. There wont be one. This deal excludes any hard border which has really pissed off the DUP.
I think you've been away too long and you are losing touch. Here's a reality check and a quote for you. As I said I'm not going to argue with you as your tendency to insist black is white and you are right and everyone else wrong gets a bit repetitive:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39976319

Democratic Unionist Party (DUP)

The DUP is in favour of Northern Ireland leaving the EU but says that Brexit does not mean "leaving Europe".

It adds that it will prioritise maintaining the CTA between the UK and the Republic of Ireland.

Aims:

frictionless border with the Irish Republic; assisting those working or travelling in the other jurisdiction

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:17 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:01 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:22 am
What has the EU had to say about the draft deal? I thought according to Scot the EU wasn't going to give them any deal at all and the Brits would be out on their arses with no trade deals and whatnot.
Barnier stated the EU position on day 1 and has not moved an inch since. The "agreement" is one of UK compromises. The EU is still at its original starting point. I did not say there would be no deal but a deal according to the EU which it is. The crucial point being the NI border. The UK has agree to the SM and CU for unlimited time.
You always claimed the the UK would be out on their arse. If they are part of the SM, then don't all existing trade deals hold?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:19 pm

Rum wrote:

I don't think he's that sophisticated. When he's proven wrong he just argues that black is white till the end of time.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:50 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:19 pm
Rum wrote:

I don't think he's that sophisticated. When he's proven wrong he just argues that black is white till the end of time.
The EU has always maintained from day 1 there will be no hard border between NI and the Republic.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:00 am

It isn't up to them is it? NI is part of Great Britain and it was a red line from the start.

The DUP have never wanted a hard border despite your comment.

Feck

Post by Feck » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:16 am

Well it's not often I agree with a French minister
France’s finance minister has said Brits were duped into voting for Brexit as he launched an attack on "lying" UK politicians.

In an impassioned interview, Bruno Le Maire called the referendum a “historic mistake”, arguing voters were tricked into voting to leave the European Union as they were led to believe it would be easy and in their interests.

He told a Paris forum on reforming the World Trade Organisation that the British people were "the main victims" of Brexit.

Speaking to CNBC, Mr Le Maire said: “I think many British politicians have been liars and lied to British people by explaining that it was simple to go out of the European Union, that you could go out without having strong negative consequences on the current daily life of the British people, on the current daily interest of the British companies.

“And now, you are before the truth. The truth that going out of the European Union, that going out of the single markets and going out of one of the most important economic markets of the world is a mistake, with very strong, negative consequences.”
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 92636.html
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:41 am

Feck wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:16 am

Speaking to CNBC, Mr Le Maire said: ... “And now, you are before the truth. The truth that going out of the European Union, that going out of the single markets and going out of one of the most important economic markets of the world is a mistake, with very strong, negative consequences.” https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 92636.html
Le Maire is a naïve fool. Brexit is not primarily about the economy. It never was.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:53 am

And it wasn't actually even about immigration. It was the 'perception' of immigration and what it was touted as doing to the country.

Immigration won't slow down perceptibly after we leave, but the likes of Farrage will insist we are now in 'control'. What a cunt.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:36 pm

From over here it looks like a failed attempt to weaken the EU.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:56 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:36 pm
Not really. There may be some 'hard right' Tories who like the idea of a weaker Europe, but it isn't anywhere near the top of the agenda for them. The main motivation for them is 'getting our country back'. Twats.

Of course, given the UK is a major economy - it will inevitably have that effect.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:12 pm

Rum wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:56 pm
Sean Hayden wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:36 pm
Not really. There may be some 'hard right' Tories who like the idea of a weaker Europe, but it isn't anywhere near the top of the agenda for them. The main motivation for them is 'getting our country back'. Twats.

Of course, given the UK is a major economy - it will inevitably have that effect.
You have the weirdest concept of Brexit.
Brexit was meant to crack the EU attracting other populist governments to pull out. Trump and Putin wanted it weakened but for different reasons. Getting the country back like the 350 million for the NHS were smoke screens.
Immigration was the main motivation right up to the referendum especially outside the South East of England. Why did Farage make the poster?
The DUP wanted a hard border even it meant going against the GFA.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:51 pm

Now you are sounding like Galaxian!

Pretty much the only reason there was a referendum was to get the Tory faction that had nagged endlessly for one since the day we joined off the back of Cameron. Stupidly he hoped that this faction would get shut up once and for all if he held one - and he assumed his side (remain) would win. It was a terrible mistake and the reason he immediately resigned of course. He and others also misread the mood of the country and the perception that it was being changed beyond recognition without the consent of the people themselves. In that, they were right to an extent. Many towns and cities had large populations of Eastern Europeans - and as I have also stated, I quite liked that, but many didn't. And of course, the xenophobes and racists lept onto that bandwagon.

You are wrong if you think there was some grand plot over and above this. I'm sure all the players from Putin to Obama to the EU calculated the impact and supported whatever actions they felt would be in their own interests, but that was about it.

The DUP said specifically that they don't support a hard border. You may choose to deny it or to insist they are telling lies, but it is a hard fact. But your opinions rarely take account of those do they?

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:28 pm

Rum wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:51 pm
Now you are sounding like Galaxian!

Pretty much the only reason there was a referendum was to get the Tory faction that had nagged endlessly for one since the day we joined off the back of Cameron. Stupidly he hoped that this faction would get shut up once and for all if he held one - and he assumed his side (remain) would win. It was a terrible mistake and the reason he immediately resigned of course. He and others also misread the mood of the country and the perception that it was being changed beyond recognition without the consent of the people themselves. In that, they were right to an extent. Many towns and cities had large populations of Eastern Europeans - and as I have also stated, I quite liked that, but many didn't. And of course, the xenophobes and racists lept onto that bandwagon.

You are wrong if you think there was some grand plot over and above this. I'm sure all the players from Putin to Obama to the EU calculated the impact and supported whatever actions they felt would be in their own interests, but that was about it.

The DUP said specifically that they don't support a hard border. You may choose to deny it or to insist they are telling lies, but it is a hard fact. But your opinions rarely take account of those do they?
You are in complete confusion. Never mind. There is no point going further. Do you actually read what different parties are saying. When did the DUP said it was against a hard border? You really have to catch up.