Hard Brexit or Hard Brexit

Whose Hard Brexit do you want to get shafted by?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:01 pm

Labour's Hard Brexit!
No votes
Tory Hard Brexit
13%
Cheese or bacon or something
88%

Total votes: 8

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: Hard Brexit or Hard Brexit

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:02 am

Well she lost the vote:
Brexit: Theresa May's EU summit marred by embarrassing defeat at hands of Tory rebels
The Prime Minister has been forced to give Parliament a greater role in EU withdrawal after losing a critical vote
Her credibility (what is left of it) has taken a severe blow. The EU27 will be sniggering behind her back. If things were difficult they have now become impossible.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:07 am

I sometimes wonder whether people bother reading threads before posting. :bored:

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:22 am

Rum wrote:I sometimes wonder whether people bother reading threads before posting. :bored:
Never read anything about how it will affect her position in the EU.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:10 pm

From the Independent http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 14406.html

Can't see then doing a U turn any time soon though. We live in hope though.

Brexit: Britons now back Remain over Leave by 10 points, exclusive poll shows

The British public has swung behind staying in the EU by its largest margin since the referendum, with those backing Remain outstripping Leavers by ten points, a new poll has reveale

The exclusive survey for The Independent by BMG Research showed 51 per cent now back remaining in the union, while 41 per cent want Brexit.

Once “don’t knows” were encouraged to choose one way or the other, or excluded, the Remain lead rises to 11 points. Either way, it is the biggest gap since the June 2016 vote.

Hammond risks Eurosceptic anger backing 'status quo' Brexit transition
It comes as leading political figures write in The Independent tomorrow about whether the country needs a further referendum to decide on Brexit, once terms of departure are known.

Michael Heseltine, Peter Mandelson, Gina Miller and Vince Cable call for a rethink, while Leave campaign mastermind Matthew Elliott and Conservatives James Cleverly and Suella Fernandes demand Brexit is seen through.

Last week again underlined the difficulties of withdrawal, after the EU set out terms for a Brexit transition period that will likely be unacceptable to leading Conservative Eurosceptics.

Theresa May also suffered a damaging defeat in the Commons while trying to pass her key piece of Brexit legislation, before being forced to make a major concession to avoid further embarrassment next week.

Amid the furore, the latest poll indicates British voters have slowly but steadily been turning their backs on Brexit.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:25 pm

But we trust the polls about as much as we trust the Pols.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:40 pm

But.........................but.............................but what would happen if the UK did try to reverse it; chaos. Do you think everything will return back to where it was pre referendum? You must be joking. The UK has put itself beyond the pale. To return will be very costly and justifiably so.

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:47 pm

Make Nigel Farage the US ambassador or something.
Trump likes him, and the UK needs someone public that Trump can like.

Canadian PM Justin Trudeau gets along fine with Trump, even though they may disagree on many things, because Trudeau does not insult Trump. And Trump does not insult him either.
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:52 pm

Racism and puny brain. Not a great combination.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:28 pm

Well what a wheeze - great fucking news - a real win for the Brexit thickos. We are going to get our old blue fucking passports back. Jesus fucking Christ. Never mind the average Brit is going to be 10% poorer in a couple of years time. Never mind we are stoking up nationalism and encouraging it elsewhere. Never mind the idea of internationalism is on the wane - YAY - we are going to have our pre- EU passports back. How fucking pathetic - and how pathetic that the Daily Fail even made a point about them being made in the UK. Fuck of you cunts!

Here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... llers.html

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:53 pm

Woop-de-fucking-doop. :sadcheer:

These are just any blue passports - These are Her Majesty's Royal Blue passports: because you're worth it. I tell you, that's going to make all the difference when we have to queue for 4 hours with the spics and the wops to get into the EU zone.

But I guess it keeps May's nasty comments about the homeless and the Tories ongoing failure in housing policy out of the headlines.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:33 pm

The old passports were not that blue anyway. They were almost black and a bloody awkward size. Still got my old one. My new one was issued in Brussel. I doubt if I will bother about another one (it expires May 2018) as my Dutch one will be sufficient. I also have an ID card for the Schengen area.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:51 pm

One thing we still don’t have in the UK is ID cards. I’m pleased about that in an irrational sort of way.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:03 pm

We don't need them. Twitter, Facebook, Google, YouTube, Amazon, Apple, Paypal etc knows who we are.

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:24 pm

Rum wrote:One thing we still don’t have in the UK is ID cards. I’m pleased about that in an irrational sort of way.
We dont either as they are optional. It is easier carrying an ID card though being the standard credit card size than a passport and being a small country you are very quickly over the border. Schengen still requires you to be able to identify yourself to those that have the power to demand it.
The trouble in the UK you dont register so nobody knows where everyone lives. Here you must register your residential address at the town hall.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:27 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Rum wrote:One thing we still don’t have in the UK is ID cards. I’m pleased about that in an irrational sort of way.
We dont either as they are optional. It is easier carrying an ID card though being the standard credit card size than a passport and being a small country you are very quickly over the border. Schengen still requires you to be able to identify yourself to those that have the power to demand it.
The trouble in the UK you dont register so nobody knows where everyone lives. Here you must register your residential address at the town hall.
In what was is it 'trouble'?