We need to talk about Donald: the cursing & swearing thread

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: We need to talk about Donald: the cursing & swearing thr

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:57 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:How can you plan anything? Health care, education and infrastructure if you have no idea where everybody is. Britain has the same problem that is why the health and educations systems are in such a mess. The work reactively and not proactively.
You are but you dont know it.

I would rather live in a society that I am a number than one that is so disorganised that it has not got a clue of where most people are living and an electricity bill is sufficient proof of residence.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:59 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:How can you plan anything? Health care, education and infrastructure if you have no idea where everybody is. Britain has the same problem that is why the health and educations systems are in such a mess. The work reactively and not proactively.
Of course not, 0815776255655493214. Now just queue up right behind 0815776255655493213 with any complaint you might have.

Regards

Alexander Nix, CEO, Cambridge Analytica
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:01 pm

Actually our citizens numbers are 10 cyphers.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:16 pm

Trump to ban transgender people from the army.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/26/polit ... l?adkey=bn

Heh! Remember when brain-washed Trump worshippers were trying to tell us Trump was really progressive and he was going to look out for LGBT?

I remember.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 pm

Maybe he is preparing the ground for Spence.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:34 pm

Animavore wrote:Trump to ban transgender people from the army.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/26/polit ... l?adkey=bn

Heh! Remember when brain-washed Trump worshippers were trying to tell us Trump was really progressive and he was going to look out for LGBT?

I remember.
http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 1#p1718781
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:17 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
You are but you dont know it.

I would rather live in a society that I am a number than one that is so disorganised that it has not got a clue of where most people are living and an electricity bill is sufficient proof of residence.
Well, an electricity bill is part of what can be used to demonstrate residence, if a person does not have state issued identification, like a drivers license, which almost everyone has (if theydon't have a driver license per se, they have state ID that looks the same as a drive license and works for ID purposes). The complaint from some circles is that black people are less capable of obtaining state issued identification, or less willing to do so, and they are more likely to be deceptive about their residences by putting things in other people's names and using the wrong address when they get identification. I don't believe that about black people, but some people do. To address that concern, and other concerns, there have been alternative methods of demonstrating residence.

The importance of demonstrating residence is so that people don't vote in more than one state, which does happen. Some wealthy assholes do it, when they have houses in both new york and florida and they vote in both states. That's getting more risky than it was. In any case, the idea is that you should vote in your precinct of residence and state of residence. We have a federated system of elections, so you live in a state and your vote counts in that state, not nationally. Also, like all countries, there are eligibility requirements. I would not expect to be in the Netherlands on vacation or for an extended sabbatical and be permitted to vote in Dutch elections. There are requirements. Seems reasonable.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:20 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:Here's what a 'real friend' like Trump will do for you.

"Trump to ban transgender people from all military service"
President Trump on Wednesday said he would ban transgender people from any military service.

Trump made the announcement, which would represent a major shift in military policy, on Twitter. He said he had made the decision after consulting with "my generals and military experts."

It wasn't immediately clear what Trump's announcement would mean for the approximately 250 transgender people now serving openly in the U.S. military.

Trump during the 2016 campaign called himself a "real friend" of the LGBT community and accused Hillary Clinton of prioritizing “Islamic extremists” over LGBT Americans.

“Thank you to the LGBT community! I will fight for you while Hillary brings in more people that will threaten your freedoms and beliefs,” he tweeted in June.
I think the difficulty is that allowing them to serve seems to bring with it baggage about paying for their surgeries, reworking bathroom and barracks systems, and allowing different dress code and other requirements. It's a pain in the ass. However, I would say if a trans person is already transitioned and wants to join, they should be allowed. Just shave your head like everyone else.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:30 pm

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:31 pm

:puke:

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:51 pm

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:34 pm

Why the slavering right wing Fundamentalist Christians still love Trump (clickable image):

Of course things like banning transgender people from the military don't hurt.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:32 pm

"As your president... I will do everything in my power... to protect our L.G.TBQ citizens, from the violence, and oppression, of a hateful, foreign ideology .. believe me... (cheers)... and I have to say, as a republican, it is so nice to hear you cheering what I just said... thank you..."

But who's going to protect US LGTBQ citizens from the hateful ideology of their own president? :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:39 pm

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:23 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:Why the slavering right wing Fundamentalist Christians still love Trump (clickable image):

Of course things like banning transgender people from the military don't hurt.
Because God is a white male privileged chauvinist.