The Ethics of Shooting Republicans

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: The Ethics of Shooting Republicans

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:01 pm

rainbow wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
pErvin wrote:Nah, the Americans need another civil war. If the smart ones lose then the rest of the world can isolate the US as a rogue state. :coffee:
Our ace-in-the-hole is that we have a stronger military than the next 25 countries combined.... if we go rogue, we ain't gonna be too fun to deal with.
No the US spends more money. That doesn't relate to strength.

:thinks: When last did the US actually win a war? :thinks:
Weren't we on the winning side in Libya and Iraq? Last time I checked, neither Qaddafi nor Hussein are alive anymore, and their governments are gone. And, in Afghanistan, the Taliban regime is gone - might be designated an inconclusive result, as there is still insurgency from Arab extremists. The Kosovo War and the Bosnian War - don't let the list of participants fool you. You know who did the heavy lifting. Haiti Intervention - reinstated Aristide. Gulf War - massive victory over Hussein and liberation of Kuwait.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:03 pm

Forty Two wrote:
NineBerry wrote:So, I saw Paul Ryan in the parliament, while chairing the parliament, leading a prayer and crossing himself. What the fuck is this, America?!?
While I don't support government mandated prayers, I do have a tolerance for voluntary prayers if that what someone with the floor wants to do.

In the UK Parliament, both the House of Commons and the Senate are opened with mandatory prayers, and they must be Christian prayers. What the fuck is that, UK? http://www.parliament.uk/about/how/business/prayers/

In Ireland, the Dail Parliament is opened, by law, with a prayer - a session may not open without a prayer. What the fuck is this, Ireland?

In Australia, they say the Lord's Prayer before every Senate hearing. What the fuck is this, Australia?

In Canada, they open House of Commons and Senate sessions with a prayer. What the fuck is this, Canada?

Sweden's Parliament has its own Christian chapel and a prayer room. What the fuck is this, Sweden?

Israel's Parliament has a Jewish temple and prayer room. What the fuck is this, Israel?

Turkey's Parliament has a Mosque. What the fuck is this, Turkey?

I mean, leading a prayer and crossing oneself? Ludicrous! Only in America...

...3...2...1...for response to the effect of - "yes that's true, but it's not really taken seriously in Europe...not like in the US...it's bad in the US, but it's just sort of a cultural tradition in other countries..."
:lol:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:10 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:Being critical of President Donald Trump marks you out as a violent extremist now I guess.
Not sure how you concluded that. Shooting people up makes you a violent extremist. Politics was apparently this joker's motivation. That doesn't mean that every anti-Trumper is a violent extremist.

There are plenty, however, who have been engaging in so much violent rhetoric, that if the shoe were on the other foot, and it ere anti-Hillary folks who were talking about punching and beating up the opposition, and right wingers rioting on college campuses, etc., you can bet dollars to donuts that a violent act like this would be blamed on the "violent rhetoric" and the "climate" created thereby.
Yeah, you say that, but it's still kinda nice'n'easy to associate the violence with membership of one side of another eh...
That's precisely my point. The fact that this guy was a leftist Bernie Bros says nothing about them in general, and is not the fault of the violent rhetoric coming out of the left these days. However, if the shooter was a Trump supporter, and the victims Democrats, you can't seriously dispute that the major media outlets would be out there suggesting that Trump's rhetoric and the rhetoric of his supporters contributed to a climate of hate, fear and violence that caused the shooter to act... that would be the lead. I think everyone ought to be able to see that. It's what happened when Gabby Giffords was shot, etc. it was all the fault of the "martial rhetoric" of Sarah Palin and other Republicans. So, it's a bit rich to be surprised when, after months of open calls for the assassination of the President and violent resistance to his "regime," that some folks are going to try to blame THAT rhetoric and activity for the shooting.

If that's your point then it's pretty weak. Bernie hasnt called for violence and strongly denounced this act. There's a vast difference between a random collection of citizens calling for violence and the fucking PRESIDENT.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:15 pm

Bernie hasn't, but neither did Sarah Palin and the media went on a whole cycle of how much she and other Republicans were to blame. But, Bernie supporters HAVE engaged in violent rhetoric and violent behavior. You can't have missed the large amount of calls for assassination. Prominent celebrities were calling for blowing up the White House, or alluding to it. If the situation was reversed, you know that the Democrat-leaning media would certain hold panel after panel to discuss civility in public discourse and violent rhetoric and how it impacts these situations.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:14 pm

Yeah yeah what about the Democrats? :roll:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:37 am

. Image

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:46 am

I'm seeing Elmer Fudd with his trusty gun, creeping along in the woods, saying "Be very, very quite, I'm hunting Wepublicans..."
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:25 pm

JimC wrote:I'm seeing Elmer Fudd with his trusty gun, creeping along in the woods, saying "Be very, very quite, I'm hunting Wepublicans..."
Murder jokes are not funny. There is nothing funny about murder. :prof:

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:12 pm

Forty Two wrote:
JimC wrote:I'm seeing Elmer Fudd with his trusty gun, creeping along in the woods, saying "Be very, very quite, I'm hunting Wepublicans..."
Forty Two's jokes are not funny. There is nothing funny about Forty Two. :prof:
:fix:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould