North Korea Warns the U.S. to Expect a 'Bigger Gift Package'

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

North Korea Warns the U.S. to Expect a 'Bigger Gift Package'

Post by cronus » Tue May 30, 2017 8:12 am

http://time.com/4797456/north-korea-mis ... d=homepage

North Korea Warns the U.S. to Expect a 'Bigger Gift Package' of Precision Guidance Missiles

(continued)
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: North Korea Warns the U.S. to Expect a 'Bigger Gift Pack

Post by Hermit » Tue May 30, 2017 8:34 am

It won't be much longer before Trump has what seems to him a good idea at the time, and decides to act on it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue May 30, 2017 9:16 am

Hermit wrote:It won't be much longer before Trump has what seems to him a good idea at the time, and decides to act on it.
And rEv will agree, and say "bomb the cunts!"

:hehe:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue May 30, 2017 9:20 am

can't bomb Pyongyang, too close to Seoul...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Tue May 30, 2017 9:31 am

Svartalf wrote:can't bomb Pyongyang, too close to Seoul...
Wanna bet? Making America great again has nothing to do with slanteyes, no matter which side of the DMZ they live in.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue May 30, 2017 10:09 am

Yeah bomb the fuckers!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Post by Woodbutcher » Tue May 30, 2017 2:17 pm

Bombing someone would improve the TV news somewhat. Also, we haven't had a decent, fucking, all-out genocidal war for way too long to control the population. Let's get on with the program. NK attacks Japan, they retaliate and accidentally hit China. China sends missiles to Japan prompting USA to declare war on NK and China. Meanwhile, Russia moves to Europe to secure its interests only to be savagely attacked by Finland and Montenegro. Australia attacks New Zealand just for the fuck of it. Saudi Arabia, Iran and the rest of the muslim countries attack Israel, only to be severely hurt in retaliation from Kurdish freedom fighters and their own suicide bombers with short fuses. South America is taken over by fierce spitting llamas and three-toed sloths, and Africa still hasn't heard what's going on. Iceland and New Foundland will become the next superpowers because they have cod supplies for cod liver oil, and we all must learn to say:"By Jaysus, bai ", and everybody will have to eat hakarl. :prof:
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue May 30, 2017 2:32 pm

Woodbutcher wrote:"By Jaysus, bai "
Did you mean Iceland or Ireland? :what:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Post by Woodbutcher » Tue May 30, 2017 3:07 pm

Animavore wrote:
Woodbutcher wrote:"By Jaysus, bai "
Did you mean Iceland or Ireland? :what:
Newfie!
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ne ... ORM=VDRVRV
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue May 30, 2017 3:12 pm

Hermit wrote:It won't be much longer before Trump has what seems to him a good idea at the time, and decides to act on it.
What might it be that seems to him a good idea at the time? What are you thinking about there?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Tue May 30, 2017 3:57 pm

Forty Two wrote:
What might it be that seems to him a good idea at the time? What are you thinking about there?
FFS, do I have to spell everything out for you? He'll launch into yet another stern reminder to all within earshot that no presidential candidate ever has won an election as convincingly as he.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue May 30, 2017 4:19 pm

Woodbutcher wrote:Bombing someone would improve the TV news somewhat. Also, we haven't had a decent, fucking, all-out genocidal war for way too long to control the population. Let's get on with the program. NK attacks Japan, they retaliate and accidentally hit China. China sends missiles to Japan prompting USA to declare war on NK and China. Meanwhile, Russia moves to Europe to secure its interests only to be savagely attacked by Finland and Montenegro. Australia attacks New Zealand just for the fuck of it. Saudi Arabia, Iran and the rest of the muslim countries attack Israel, only to be severely hurt in retaliation from Kurdish freedom fighters and their own suicide bombers with short fuses. South America is taken over by fierce spitting llamas and three-toed sloths, and Africa still hasn't heard what's going on. Iceland and New Foundland will become the next superpowers because they have cod supplies for cod liver oil, and we all must learn to say:"By Jaysus, bai ", and everybody will have to eat hakarl. :prof:
The thing with the DPRK is that it's a UN thing. There are obligations under international law for all the UN nations, with the exception of China and Russia, and maybe Cuba and a couple others, to come in on the side of the ROK. Recall, the Korean War in the 1950s was a UN operation, so by the left's general measure of the legitimacy of a war, it was one of the good, just and lawful ones. UN authorized and approved by UN Security Council Resolution 84 - 7 votes for, zero opposed, 3 absentions, 1 absence.

When the war "ended" it was ended by an armistice or cease fire, which was never signed by the United States. It was signed by the China-DPRK Command, the ROK and the United Nations Command.

So, if war happens again, it would be a UN matter, again. The UN acted in alliance, in collective self defense against the invading North Korea, which started the war by invading and taking over most of South Korea.

The long and short of it is, if North Korea attacks Japan, it would not be just Japan retaliating and then dominoes flowing from there. An attack on Japan is an attack on the United Nations and the United Nations would have a legal obligation under current treaty and cease fire documents to respond in defense of Japan.

That's really what holds the damn - there is sure and certain knowledge in the minds of the leaders of the DPRK that if they were to "attack" South Korea or Japan or any other nation, then most of the UN countries, except China and Russia, would be at war again. No further mechanisms are required - no vote - no approvals - no meetings - the trigger is pulled and the matter will be settled toe-to-toe.

Russia would likely hold back and not go to an all out war over North Korea. They would be in the background, as they were in the 1950s, but it's already built into the analysis that as long as the DPRK stays inside their borders, the West will not do anything, but that if the DPRK steps outside their borders, then it's all out war on the Korean Peninsula and the Kims are going down this time.

If it happens, there will be a catastrophe, but the catastrophe will likely be limited to the Korean peninsula or possibly whatever country North Korea "hits." However, it makes no sense for North Korea to lob a missile at Japan or something. If they did, it would mean war by almost everyone on the planet against North Korea. So, knowing that, they would only lob a rocket at Japan or someone else if it was part of a massive invasion of the south, and an all out go-for-broke situation where the Kims are willing to bet their lives on victory. The ballistic missile tests is defensive on the part of the Kims, IMO - Kim wants everyone to know that if they go down, a lot of other people are going down with them.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed May 31, 2017 2:00 am

Bomb the cunts.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:51 pm

Asian gift packages are a lot smaller than American, European and African gift packages, so we needn't worry much.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:57 pm

Send in the B2s to drop Big Macs on them. One taste of that Special Sauce and they'll turn on the Kims like rabid squirrels. Asians dig Micky D's.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.