Murdered DNC Staffer May Have Been Contacting Wikileaks

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Murdered DNC Staffer May Have Been Contacting Wikileaks

Post by Forty Two » Tue May 16, 2017 12:30 pm

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/333555 ... -wikileaks
"I have a source inside the police department that has looked at me straight in the eye and said, ‘Rod, we were told to stand down on this case and I can’t share any information with you,’"
"Now, that is highly unusual for a murder investigation, especially from a police department. Again, I don’t think it comes from the chief’s office, but I do believe there is a correlation between the mayor's office and the DNC."
Police say Rich was shot multiple times last year while walking to his apartment in a Northwest Washington, D.C. neighborhood. At the time, police said they believed Rich could have been killed in an attempted robbery.

Last year, after Rich's death, WikiLeaks announced on Twitter it was offering $20,000 for information leading to a conviction.
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange seemed to suggest during a Dutch TV interview last year that Rich was the source of the leak of DNC officials' emails.

“Whistleblowers go to significant efforts to get us material and often very significant risks. As a 27 year-old, works for the DNC, was shot in the back, murdered just a few weeks ago for unknown reasons as he was walking down the street in Washington,” he told Nieuwsuur.

“I’m suggesting that our sources take risks."
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Collector1337
About me: I am a satire of your stereotype about me.

Re: Murdered DNC Staffer May Have Been Contacting Wikileaks

Post by Collector1337 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:33 am

This board doesn't care about real news, only fake news they want to hear so they can feel validated.

You know this.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed May 17, 2017 1:07 pm

Look out, C, there's a gay Muslim terrorist behind you!! :hairfire:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed May 17, 2017 4:18 pm

Look out!! A badger with a gun!!

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu May 18, 2017 10:33 am

Forty Two wrote:http://thehill.com/homenews/news/333555 ... -wikileaks

[Series of blatantly cherry-picked quotes]
It looks like you've gone full RightWingNutJob with this fucking pathetic thread, Forty Two. Your source refutes your "arguably true" (read: a lie that Forty Two doesn't want to admit is a lie) title. Why not just cite Infowars, rather than something that directly contradicts the bullshit story you're pushing here?

The fact is that the 'evidence' that Fox News and Infowars are shouting about is a fabrication that came from Fox News in the first place.
As news of President Trump's mounting scandals broke this week, many right-leaning media outlets chose to focus instead on the apparent revelation that murdered Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich was allegedly in touch with WikiLeaks before "mysteriously" being killed. There is no concrete evidence to indicate anything fishy about Rich's murder — Washington, D.C., police say it was likely a botched attempted robbery. Still, Fox News published a "scoop" citing a "federal investigator who reviewed an FBI forensic report … detailing the contents of Rich's computer" who claimed Rich had "made contact with WikiLeaks."

Almost immediately, Rich's family denied the story, blasting internet sleuths for unfounded conspiracy theories about Rich's death. Then Fox News' source, private investigator Rod Wheeler, told CNN that he actually had no evidence linking Rich to WikiLeaks:
Wheeler instead said he only learned about the possible existence of such evidence through the reporter he spoke to for the FoxNews.com story. He explained that the comments he made to WTTG-TV were intended to simply preview Fox News' Tuesday story. The WTTG-TV news director did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

"I only got that [information] from the reporter at Fox News," Wheeler told CNN.

Asked about a quote attributed to him in the Fox News story in which he said his "investigation up to this point shows there was some degree of email exchange between Seth Rich and WikiLeaks," Wheeler said he was referring to information that had already been reported in the media.
[Emphasis mine - L]
NBC News additionally reports that "local police in Washington, D.C., never even gave the FBI Rich's laptop to analyze after his murder," poking further holes in the Fox News report.
A Fox News reporter lies to Wheeler, who then is cited by Fox News as supporting the lie, and now we have RWNJs all over the internet wetting their pants in excitement over it. :funny:

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 22, 2017 2:24 pm

Indeed, Wheeler did say that. It's odd, though, because his own quotes don't appear to be mere agreement with a reporter making a statement. Wheeler referred to sources of his own in law enforcement. But, whatever, Wheeler retracted.

Now, though, we have this Kim Dotcom from Megaupload who is saying that he was personally involved, and knew firsthand that Seth Rich was the leaker.
http://www.news.com.au/technology/onlin ... e30a918178

He's supposed to be coming out with a statement on it this week. Let's see what they say.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue May 23, 2017 11:14 pm

He's released his statement. The evidence in that statement amounts to exactly nil, and he's created a nice cut-out for himself making it likely that he'll never have to produce anything like actual evidence.
I KNOW THAT SETH RICH WAS INVOLVED IN THE DNC LEAK.

I know this because in late 2014 a person contacted me about helping me to start a branch of the Internet Party in the United States. He called himself Panda. I now know that Panda was Seth Rich.

Panda advised me that he was working on voter analytics tools and other technologies that the Internet Party may find helpful.

I communicated with Panda on a number of topics including corruption and the influence of corporate money in politics.

“He wanted to change that from the inside.”
I was referring to what I knew when I did an interview with Bloomberg in New Zealand in May 2015. In that interview I hinted that Julian Assange and Wikileaks would release information about Hillary Clinton in the upcoming election.

The Rich family has reached out to me to ask that I be sensitive to their loss in my public comments. That request is entirely reasonable.

I have consulted with my lawyers. I accept that my full statement should be provided to the authorities and I am prepared to do that so that there can be a full investigation. My lawyers will speak with the authorities regarding the proper process.

If my evidence is required to be given in the United States I would be prepared to do so if appropriate arrangements are made. I would need a guarantee from Special Counsel Mueller, on behalf of the United States, of safe passage from New Zealand to the United States and back. In the coming days we will be communicating with the appropriate authorities to make the necessary arrangements. In the meantime, I will make no further comment.
Kim Dotcom is facing charges in the US and is trying to avoid extradition.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed May 24, 2017 1:23 am

He's trying to cut a deal. I'll tell you, but give me immunity.

I agree, the statement doesn't give us anything new, except this bit about Panda and Seth Rich, but we don't know how he knows it was Seth Rich and we don't know what the problem or issue was with what Panda was up to. It's nothing.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri May 26, 2017 3:37 pm

This is a Republican writing.

The conservative mind has become diseased.

To many observers on the left, the initial embrace of Seth Rich conspiracy theories by conservative media figures was merely a confirmation of the right’s deformed soul. But for those of us who remember that Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity were once relatively mainstream Reaganites, their extended vacation in the fever swamps is even more disturbing. If once you knew better, the indictment is deeper.

The cruel exploitation of the memory of Rich, a Democratic National Committee staffer who was shot dead last summer, was horrifying and clarifying. The Hannity right, without evidence, accused Rich rather than the Russians of leaking damaging DNC emails. In doing so, it has proved its willingness to credit anything — no matter how obviously deceptive or toxic — to defend President Trump and harm his opponents. Even if it means becoming a megaphone for Russian influence.

The basic, human questions are simple. How could conservative media figures not have felt — felt in their hearts and bones — the God-awful ickiness of it? How did the genes of generosity and simple humanity get turned off? Is this insensibility the risk of prolonged exposure to our radioactive political culture? If so, all of us should stand
But this failure of decency is also politically symbolic. Who is the politician who legitimized conspiracy thinking at the highest level? Who raised the possibility that Ted Cruz’s father might have been involved in the assassination of John F. Kennedy? Who hinted that Hillary Clinton might have been involved in the death of Vince Foster, or that unnamed liberals might have killed Justice Antonin Scalia? Who not only questioned President Barack Obama’s birth certificate, but raised the prospect of the murder of a Hawaiian state official in a coverup? “How amazing,” Trump tweeted in 2013, “the State Health Director who verified copies of Obama’s ‘birth certificate’ died in plane crash today. All others lived.”
The conservative mind, in some very visible cases, has become diseased. The movement has been seized by a kind of discrediting madness, in which conspiracy delusions figure prominently. Institutions and individuals that once served an important ideological role, providing a balance to media bias, are discrediting themselves in crucial ways. With the blessings of a president, they have abandoned the normal constraints of reason and compassion. They have allowed political polarization to reach their hearts, and harden them. They have allowed polarization to dominate their minds, and empty them.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 1ecd9f3590
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri May 26, 2017 5:04 pm

Gerson is a never-Trumper, and neoconservative, Heritage Foundation guy. He's been writing articles like that since 2015.

Remember - Trump is President despite the Republican establishment, not because of them. That's part of the reason Trump is under siege these days. What Gerson is lamenting here is that his "conservatism" is not what the common man voting Republican believes. Will Gerson thinks tariffs and trade barriers to help US workers is a bad thing, but the common man thinks it's high time we protected against the "giant sucking sound" that we've been hearing since H. Ross Perot grabbed a big chunk of the Republican vote in 1992.

There has been an underlying split in the Republican party for going on 30 years now. What Gerson sees as the "diseased" conservative mind is people with a radically different idea of what it means to be conservative. Some chunk of the population may even call themselves conservative without even really being conservative. After all, they voted for Donald Trump despite the fact that for the most part - in large part - Trump is not conservative at all. That's why the Republican establishment still loathes the Donald. He is not a neocon. He does not follow their lead and he does not subscribe to their ideology.

The people that believed the Seth Rich conspiracy were not "diseased" minds that are adopting some theory - they're doing what both sides of the political spectrum do - they look for suspicious connections and draw the worst possible conclusion about their enemies. It was that way with the diseased left wing or liberal minds of the early 2000s when they were quite content in drawing conclusions that George W. Bush was actually knowingly behind the orchestration of the 9/11 attacks, and knowingly caused the death of those 3,000 people, all in a blood-soaked bid to grab oil. The thinking in the Seth Rich thing is that a guy was inexplicably murdered, shot in the back, in a robbery attempt where he was left with all his valuables, and it came at a time when lots of information was leaking out to Wikileaks, and it is seen as "possible" that an insider did the leaking. Now, none of that is proof. But the suspicion, to political opponents, is very often enough to draw nefarious conclusions.

the wording in the article is weird - Hannity "accused" Rich of being the leaker? Not exactly - if Rich was the leaker, then it wouldn't be an accusation, it would be essentially dubbing him a Whistleblower, exposing wrongdoing. Rich wasn't exposing state secrets. He was exposing improper election tactics and improper interference with the Democratic primaries, among other things. This highlights a key feature of Gerson's thinking - he's an establishment, neocon, Republican -- he thinks it's bad that the information we learned from the Clinton campaign emails should not be leaked. The average Republican voter, I think, would differ on that.

Also, the average Republican voter - the average voter who thinks of himself as a conservative - has had it with establishment conservatives. That's why Trump was so popular. Such a huge portion of the American electorate simply could no longer believe a word these people were saying. How many times do we have to hear "I'm the candidate for smaller government" and we get exactly the opposite from the people saying that?

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun May 28, 2017 2:37 am

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun May 28, 2017 3:21 am

Also, the average Republican voter - the average voter who thinks of himself as a conservative - has had it with establishment conservatives. That's why Trump was so popular.
-be honest, have you ever not said that in so many words about any winner in US politics? It's probably even given as a law in some Analysis Of US Politics tome.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun May 28, 2017 10:36 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
All types of WOW! I like that this guy has no compunction about calling Trump apologists what they are - Scum of the World.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sun May 28, 2017 11:54 am

Hillary conspiracy theory won't die, because....RUSSIA!
Newt Gingrich claimed that a Democratic National Committee staffer “apparently was assassinated” after “having given WikiLeaks something like … 53,000 [DNC] emails and 17,000 attachments.” But there’s no evidence for his claim.
The former Republican House speaker is spreading a conspiracy theory about the killing of Seth Rich, who was shot to death in Washington, D.C., in the early morning hours of July 10, 2016, in what local police have described as a likely botched robbery.
The unsubstantiated claim about Rich’s murder got legs recently after Fox 5 in Washington, D.C., reported — and a day later largely retracted — that the FBI completed a forensic report on Rich’s computer and found that he had transferred 44,053 DNC emails and 17,761 attachments to WikiLeaks.
Fox 5 aired those details on the morning of May 16, based on the work of a private investigator, Rod Wheeler, who was hired by a third party with the consent of Rich’s family. But later that evening, Wheeler told Fox News’ Sean Hannity that he had no evidence that Rich was in contact with WikiLeaks.
http://www.factcheck.org/2017/05/gingri ... cy-theory/
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun May 28, 2017 12:00 pm

Yeah. It should be done and dusted here, but I've a feeling someone is not going to be able to resist having the last word.