The Thread of Democrats

Post Reply
User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14978
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:15 pm

Image

The sniper ran away with her private email server.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

User avatar
Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart
Posts: 8270
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:10 am
Contact:

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Cunt » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:13 am

Within the 'Democratic' party, do the minority opinion-holders accept the rule of their majority opinion-holders?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists


Hermit aka Seraph wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:25 pm
placed himself within a swinging arm's distance from said antifas

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14978
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Forty Two » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:22 pm

What Schultz stands for, rather, is the blind faith among the wealthy that Americans are secretly crying out for a polite leader who will cut their Social Security benefits. There has never been much evidence this was the case. Even in 2011, at the height of the Tea Party-era debt panic, only 42 percent of Americans said they would favor major changes to entitlements in order to reduce the debt. Currently, just 2 percent of Americans think the debt is the most important problem facing the country. Schultz has suggested that America’s growing number of Independents, who now outnumber Democrats or Republicans, are evidence that there’s a market for a politician like him. But in reality, most independents lean heavily towards one party or the other, and have become increasingly ideologically consistent; they just don’t like labels. He doesn’t have a natural base, except maybe for people who took Jeb Wins way too close to heart.
https://slate.com/business/2019/01/howa ... -meme.html

The claws are out.

Schultz speaks in reasonable terms, and makes some economic sense. The New Left cannot abide that. The laudatory pieces are reserved for She Guevara, Kamala Llama Dingdong, Chief Spreading Bull and her Open-Toed Mules, and the Avowed Socialist Who's Really Just Like A Danish-Guy.

We must resist Howard Schultz's ideology! The good ideology is espoused by the true Democrat candidates.... lol
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

User avatar
Tero
Just saying
Posts: 28265
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm
About me: Something something birds
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Tero » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:09 pm

nasty woman keagan.jpg
nasty woman keagan.jpg (43.93 KiB) Viewed 432 times
http://karireport.blogspot.com/ (:_funny_:)
http://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Dominus vo-bisque'em Et cum spear a tu-tu, oh!

User avatar
Tero
Just saying
Posts: 28265
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm
About me: Something something birds
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Tero » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:30 pm

http://karireport.blogspot.com/ (:_funny_:)
http://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Dominus vo-bisque'em Et cum spear a tu-tu, oh!

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14978
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Forty Two » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:28 pm

Tulsi Gabbard is a confirmed Nazi and/or White Supremacist and/or White Nationalist. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... -president

If David Duke backs you, then you're a white nationalist. QED.
brace yourselves.jpg
Mental Gymnastics
brace yourselves.jpg (35.94 KiB) Viewed 368 times
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14978
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Forty Two » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:32 pm

Tero wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:09 pm
nasty woman keagan.jpg
Why stop at the vagina? Governor Northam doesn't! https://lidblog.com/northam-planned-parenthood/

Best to be super-progressive. When the baby is born, the baby would be stabilized, and then a conversation would ensue between the mother and the doctor as to what decision is to be made... with respect to the breathing infant. :funny:

But, I, too, think politics should be out of our bodies, which means that there shouldn't be any laws requiring vaccinations, because, like, it's my body, and politics shouldn't be there. And, like, whatever medical procedures people want, they should get, because, it's like, their bodies. And if I want to ingest any drug, it's my body, so politics shouldn't enter into it. Men have no restrictions on their bodies at all. We can do with them what we will, without any law of any kind getting in the way.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

User avatar
Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart
Posts: 8270
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:10 am
Contact:

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:51 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:32 pm
But, I, too, think politics should be out of our bodies, which means that there shouldn't be any laws requiring vaccinations, because, like, it's my body, and politics shouldn't be there. And, like, whatever medical procedures people want, they should get, because, it's like, their bodies. And if I want to ingest any drug, it's my body, so politics shouldn't enter into it. Men have no restrictions on their bodies at all. We can do with them what we will, without any law of any kind getting in the way.
I think anyone should be allowed to evict anyone else from their body, for any or no reason.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists


Hermit aka Seraph wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:25 pm
placed himself within a swinging arm's distance from said antifas

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14978
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Forty Two » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:29 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:51 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:32 pm
But, I, too, think politics should be out of our bodies, which means that there shouldn't be any laws requiring vaccinations, because, like, it's my body, and politics shouldn't be there. And, like, whatever medical procedures people want, they should get, because, it's like, their bodies. And if I want to ingest any drug, it's my body, so politics shouldn't enter into it. Men have no restrictions on their bodies at all. We can do with them what we will, without any law of any kind getting in the way.
I think anyone should be allowed to evict anyone else from their body, for any or no reason.
It's certainly a position that can be held.

As for me, I'm pro-choice, but I can't agree with "evicting" 37 week pregnancy, unless there is a life-threatening medical reason.

My understanding is that there are very few late term abortions that don't have a significant medical reason involved. However, if we present the scenario that was presented to Gov. Northam -- what if a woman wanted an abortion during labor, fully dilated -- my answer is not that the baby would be birthed and resuscitated, if necessary, and then a conversation would ensue as to whether the baby would remain. I am pretty sure the case for abortion in that scenario is fairly slim.

I would also say that in weeks 30+, we're not dealing with a "clump of cells," and as such there is room for regulation in terms of medical need. I would say up to 20 weeks is good, or thereabouts. That's my view of it. Others may have other views.

However, if we use the "every other civilized/industrialized/western first world country" test - the US wold be among the outliers if it opted for a rule that said "abortion on demand, including throughout the third trimester" and I'm pretty sure "conversations" about what decision to make about the neonate sitting on the scale would be rather ground breaking.

I've seen some stuff about Canada's laws (I recall you are from the Great White North), and even though there technically isn't a federal law restricting abortion there, my understanding is that abortion is generally itself defined as termination of pregnancy up through 20 weeks or maybe 22. A small number of abortions occur after 20 weeks of gestation primarily because the fetus is gravely or fatally impaired, or the woman's life or physical health is at risk, or both. As a practical matter, I think this makes sense. I am not out to make abortions a crime and start jailing women for it, but I think a system which sets an effective limit of "on demand" at around 20 weeks, and then has some actual, serious medical necessity for later term abortions, makes sense.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14978
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Forty Two » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:58 pm

There was a lot of talk this morning on CNN and MSNBC about how this allegation differs from the Kavanaugh allegations and that asking for due process and saying don't rush to judgment (i.e. don't necessarily believe the victim) makes sense here, where it didn't for Kavanaugh.....
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... lt-n968496

In fairness, the former Republican Representative, Joe Scarborough, and his friend with benefits Mika Bryzinski, presented the issue fairly. The Democratic spokesman/commentator that they had on today, though, basically just said "this is different because here the Lt. Governor isn't denying any and all relationship, there is just a dispute as to whether sexual assault occurred." He seemed to think that this somehow distinguished the accusations against Justin Fairfax from the Kavanaugh allegations. Odd.

Anyway - my view is that Justin Fairfax deserves due process, and that we do not "believe the victim," nor do we "believe the accused." These are 15 year old allegations of an event in a hotel room.

She said she had pleasant interactions with Fairfax during the 2004 convention and that on its third day, he invited her to run an errand with him that involved them going to his hotel room. There Fairfax kissed her. "Although surprised by his advance, it was not unwelcome and I kissed him back," she wrote. "He then took my hand and pulled me towards the bed. I was fully clothed in a pantsuit and had no intention of taking my clothes off or engaging in sexual activity."

So far, Fairfax hasn't done anything wrong in my view. And, if this woman had no intention on engaging in sexual activity, I think it's here that a reasonable person would express that view, absent some inability to do so. But, it's also no crime to want to engage in clothes-on interaction, without going further.

She then says "what began as consensual kissing quickly turned into a sexual assault," adding that Fairfax forcibly made her perform oral sex on him, during which she cried and gagged.

We are not afforded enough information. These kind of situations can be situations where she did, in fact, do something she didn't want to do, but then also he might have been sure at the time that she was consenting.

She says, "I cannot believe, given my obvious distress, that Mr. Fairfax thought this forced sexual act was consensual," she said. "To be very clear, I did not want to engage in oral sex with Mr. Fairfax and I never gave any form of consent. Quite the opposite. I consciously avoided Mr. Fairfax for the remainder of the convention and I never spoke to him again."

Fairfax has emphatically denied the allegation, saying the encounter was consensual. While Tyson said she never spoke to Fairfax again after their 2004 encounter, he insisted that they stayed in touch for some time after the convention.

Again, we, as objective observers, do not have enough information.

The allegations are old. Such things should be reported as soon as possible after they occur, as that maximizes the ability of law enforcement to investigate the events. Now, pretty much law enforcement or some investigative committee will at best be able to interview both parties, and maybe some friends who could report hearsay statements of the parties before and after the fact. Fifteen year old memories in a political context tend to be at least as malleable and changing as any other witness' testimony. Recollections are notoriously shifting in nature. Sex is routinely non-verbal.

There is little, if anything, that can be done with these allegations, as far as I can tell at the moment. However, this illustrates how the Democrats have got themselves backed into a political corner. Hawaii Rep. Mazie Hirono famously told men to "shut up and step up and do the right thing for a change" and she said unequivocally that ALL female accusers should be believed. Women don't lie about things like this. That was the party line.

The reality is, that sometimes they do lie, because like all kinds of humans, they lie a lot. And sometimes two people can be telling what they sincerely believe to be the truth about an incident, and one is wrong, or both are wrong.

Should he resign over this? Is he forever disqualified from offices? Appointments?

Democrats and the "believe all accusers" standard - https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/just ... s-standard

Democrats take a "wait and see" approach on Fairfax -- https://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/ ... 0f84a.html
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

User avatar
Scot Dutchy
Posts: 12097
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:07 pm
About me: Dijk beschermer
Location: 's-Gravenhage, Nederland
Contact:

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:37 pm

Trolling well I see. 5 Unnecessary posts.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14978
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Forty Two » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:50 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:37 pm
Trolling well I see. 5 Unnecessary posts.
What are you on about? I'm posting about democrats in the thread of Democrats. How are they "unnecessary?"
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

User avatar
Tero
Just saying
Posts: 28265
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm
About me: Something something birds
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Tero » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:34 pm

Kavanaugh, teenage rapist, will be impeached. But it has to be soon. By 2021 he will be just another Clarence Thomas.
http://karireport.blogspot.com/ (:_funny_:)
http://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Dominus vo-bisque'em Et cum spear a tu-tu, oh!

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14978
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Forty Two » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:55 pm

LOL - he wasn't even accused of rape. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Image
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14978
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Forty Two » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:55 pm

duplicate -
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests