The Thread of Democrats

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:35 pm

Tero wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:34 pm
It's all going to come out. Russia owns Trump. Literally. Mortgages.
What is going to come out? And why have the Dems been mincing around?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:16 am

Cunt wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:55 pm
Holy shit - this is probably just right-wing propaganda, but Shapiro just claimed that Bernie supporters stormed the stage, topless, to protest milk.

It CAN'T be that crazy, can it?

Um, did anyone grab screenshots? Like, for 'robust investigation of the evidence'?
"The left" media reports three topless women hopped on to the stage while a fourth woman demanded that Bernie "stop pumping up the dairy industry and to stop pumping up animal agriculture". Peta crazies for Sanders? Very amaze. Many surprise. Much unexpected. Wow!

One of many reports
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:42 am

Tits out for Bernie!

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:16 am

I'm glad to see that you are keeping abreast with US politics, Brian... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:01 am

Should be more of that sort of thing.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:16 am

Hermit wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:16 am
Peta crazies for Sanders? Very amaze. Many surprise. Much unexpected. Wow!
I know you all think I'm nuts for cheerleading a Presidential Throuple between Sanders, Warren and Klobichar, but it doesn't look so crazy now, does it?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:24 pm

People come to Vegas for a show so this Nevada wide caucus thingie is just one more show
Meanwhile, several campaigns complained that the conference calls they had held with party officials had only increased their sense of alarm that something could go wrong.

One campaign aide, speaking on condition of anonymity to avoid souring relations between the campaign and the state party, likened the calls to phoning into a “call center where the customer service person only had three prompts that they use.” The Nevada Democrats’ staff, joined on the call by their attorney, offered vague answers that seemed to have been scripted by a legal team to offer as little substance as possible, the aide said.

Aides for several campaigns said this left them in a tough position, torn between trying to be publicly optimistic about a potentially flawed caucus vote in a politically important state and raising concerns.

“All of us, every campaign, regardless of policy position or strength in the race, we all want that process to work. And there’s a disincentive to . . . screaming from the rooftops about how this all might not work,” said a Democratic aide, who also spoke on the condition of anonymity to avoid angering Nevada Democrats.

Several campaigns said they contacted the Democratic National Committee with their concerns. All said they had received no response back — with one campaign likening the DNC to a “brick wall.”

“They are the ones who also can demand answers,” one of the Democratic aides said. “They are supposed to be the ones who are the adults in the room who can trust and verify. And that hasn’t happened to our knowledge.”

A DNC official pushed back on that claim. “The Nevada State Democratic Party and the DNC are in regular communication with campaigns and will continue to answer questions about the process in the state and the nominating process,” DNC spokeswoman Xochitl Hinojosa said in a statement. “We are confident that they are doing everything they can to implement lessons learned in Iowa, and we have deployed staff to help across the board, including tech support and volunteer recruitment.”

AD

A state party official also said the party had invited campaigns to observe early caucusing and plans to allow representatives to observe the ballot processing, as the party prepares the data for Saturday’s in-person voting.

After the meltdown at the Iowa caucuses, Democrats fear a repeat in Nevada

Experts also have raised serious concerns about the state party’s plan for tallying votes on caucus night.

Nevada officials have been using a Google-based form, pre-installed on party-purchased ­iPads, to register voters when they arrive during early voting. Those voters are then given a paper ballot to rank their candidate choices.

Those ballots will be verified and scanned at processing centers before they are somehow transmitted to precincts for the in-person caucuses. On caucus night, caucus administrators will access the early vote data through the Google Forms web application the party has referred to as a “Caucus Calculator” on party-issued iPads.

AD
Some technical aspects of how the iPad software will work are unclear.

Google Forms is limited in how it can be customized, which could present challenges for the party if it is trying to make the software perform the complicated work of folding the early vote tallies into the caucus night results.

“Browser-based forms don’t work well,” said Joe Verschueren, founder of Formotus, a company that makes customized forms that can interact with Google Forms.

“Google Forms is very simple,” he added.

Nevada Democrats said their new process reflected input from independent security experts, the DNC, the Department of Homeland Security and Google, which was consulted “to ensure the process would remain secure.”

“We understand just how important it is that we get this right and protect the integrity of Nevadans’ votes,” Nevada State Democratic Party Executive Director Alana Mounce wrote Thursday in a memo to presidential campaigns. “We are confident in our backup plans and redundancies.”

AD
But it’s not clear exactly how the party has been working to vet security issues. A spokeswoman for DHS said in an email that the agency is in touch with the DNC and the Nevada State Democratic Party and “will continue to provide any support they request.”

Volunteers also have begun sounding the alarm, saying party officials have left them unprepared.

Seth Morrison, a volunteer site leader, had publicly raised concerns about the party’s mixed messages to volunteers and the lack of hands-on training on the Caucus Calculator.

He said several people have raised questions about different scenarios they might encounter, like whether an early vote with no viable candidates should be thrown out. Nobody seems to know, he said.

The first day of early voting did little to ease worries. On Saturday, there were long lines all over the state for early caucusing, with 18,538 people turning out, according to the state Democratic Party.

Volunteers in some precincts reported technical issues, including problems with the Google Forms-based registration that led some sites to switch to paper. State party officials blamed those issues on high turnout, not technical problems.

That same day, state and party officials spread out across the state, appearing at early-voting sites to insist Nevada’s process would be a lot smoother than Iowa’s.

“The [early vote] is going to make Nevada look good,” former Senate majority leader Harry M. Reid said outside a voting site at a public library in East Las Vegas, calling out the “debacle that happened in Iowa.”

Outside an early-voting site in Las Vegas’s Chinatown, U.S. Rep. Dina Titus (D), who has endorsed former vice president Joe Biden in the race, said she was concerned but optimistic.

“We’ve learned from Iowa. We’re not using that same app,” Titus said. “We don’t want anybody to kind of question the legitimacy of the result. So, we’ve had a little more time.”

“Might have been nicer to have a little bit more time,” she added.
Washington Post

Aside from registered Democrats there is only press there, no audience. Same 3 million voters as Iowa, so I guess caucus is still possible. We had a caucus the first year, then we switched to a paper ballot primary. Our primary gets no press. We like to get state wide issues and even city items on the same ballot.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Neva ... c_caucuses
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:33 pm

Trump will not croak before election. But both Sanders and Bloomberg are likely to have serious incidents in office.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/1 ... rds-115969
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:47 pm

bloomberg would likely make a horrible prez, even if he has more sense of decorum than trump, he still is a greedygut who feels that any problem can be solved by throwing money at it.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:58 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:47 pm
bloomberg would likely make a horrible prez, even if he has more sense of decorum than trump, he still is a greedygut who feels that any problem can be solved by throwing money at it.
Or taking money from it.

He hasn't announced yet though. He is chucking money in, as a kind of 'open-secret' political donation, and when he announces his running mate (Shillary just declined) we'll see his aims better.

Maybe he'll be a 3-way with Bernie and Pete...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:03 pm

given the amounts he's already spent on ads, I thought he had already declared, and hillbillary has done well to refuse, a senator under a mere mayor, she'd never live it down... not unless they were actually elected and bloomberg mysteriously died after three months in office.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:32 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:03 pm
given the amounts he's already spent on ads, I thought he had already declared, and hillbillary has done well to refuse, a senator under a mere mayor, she'd never live it down... not unless they were actually elected and bloomberg mysteriously died after three months in office.
I was writing casually...what I meant is that he hasn't declared as far as his real intent. I am willing to believe that he is honestly just trying for it, but I can't help but thinking he has a plan to join forces with someone who can give him more traction.

In any case, he is clogging the ad market, driving the price up, and making it easier for someone...maybe the Dem candidate.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:04 am

Bloomberg isn't stupid enough to be the only heartbeat between Hillary and the Oval Office.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:09 am

laklak wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:04 am
Bloomberg isn't stupid enough to be the only heartbeat between Hillary and the Oval Office.
Well, reports are that she said 'no', which sounds like it's going to be a Bloomberg/Clinton ticket, going by her previous speech pattern.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:11 am

Is this the Democrats answer to unwelcome rules?

(spoilered to protect them from fake news)
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: