The Thread of Democrats

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Hermit » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:36 am

Cunt wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:51 pm
I can't tell if you are celebrating Biden, or executive action in general.
I celebrate neither. The Doge is a commentary on the rubbish meme from "Sharfly - Free Speech Parler Alternative" above. If executive orders are a sign of dictatorship, what might you call executive orders that undo previous ones? 'Undictatorship' sounds clumsy, but seems apt.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:03 am

Hermit wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:36 am
Cunt wrote:
I celebrate neither. The Doge is a commentary on the rubbish meme from "Sharfly - Free Speech Parler Alternative" above. If executive orders are a sign of dictatorship, what might you call executive orders that undo previous ones? 'Undictatorship' sounds clumsy, but seems apt.
He sounds all good to you, so far. All I know is, he's talking unity, and hosting thousands of national guardsmen. Oh, and censorship ramped up quite a bit (though those corps are working lawfully, and not as government)
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:22 am

Cunt wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:03 am
Hermit wrote:
Cunt wrote:
He sounds all good to you, so far. All I know is, he's talking unity, and hosting thousands of national guardsmen. Oh, and censorship ramped up quite a bit (though those corps are working lawfully, and not as government)
So, non-sequiturs and no response to the "undoing of previous executive orders" thing...

Quelle surprise!
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:27 am

JimC wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:22 am
Cunt wrote:
Hermit wrote:
Cunt wrote:
So, non-sequiturs and no response to the "undoing of previous executive orders" thing...

Quelle surprise!
Just like no unity without fences, barbed wire and a bunch of armed folks in greenish uniforms. Oh, and deplatforming. LOTS of deplatforming.

Sure be a shame if that kind of run got into the stonk markets, eh?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:28 am

Vague and incoherent reply.

Yet again.
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:47 am

Cunt wrote:
JimC wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:22 am
Cunt wrote:
Hermit wrote:
Cunt wrote:

Quelle surprise!
Just like no unity without fences, barbed wire and a bunch of armed folks in greenish uniforms. Oh, and deplatforming. LOTS of deplatforming.

Sure be a shame if that kind of run got into the stonk markets, eh?
Biden isn't deplatforming /censoring. How many times does this need to be pointed out to you, troll?

And the security around the capitol is a reasonable response to serious threats. Stop blabbing right-wing trigger talking points.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:59 am

Biden isn't deplatforming.

A bunch of people are being deplatformed, but it won't be him. His 'platform' is quite secure, I would guess. Approved by all the big corps.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:04 am

More non-sequiturs. Do you have to try to do them, or do they just come out unbidden?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:06 am

I wonder why Biden's not being deplatformed?

Could it possibly be because he's not urging people to overthrow the government, he's not promoting a race war to kill all the brown people, he's not threatening to execute gays or Jews or liberals or...?
And my gin!

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:09 am

Cunt wrote:
Hermit wrote:
Cunt wrote:
He sounds all good to you, so far.
Thanks for telling me what I think about Biden, but once again you either have not read what I think about him, or you forgot, or you misread me spectacularly. This is getting tedious.

I'm probably wasting my time, but here are some reminders of what I wrote about Biden and Co:
Hermit wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:14 am
I do not regard the new administration as the 'good guys'. It's a bunch of neoliberals who only look good in comparison to the alternative.
Hermit wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:45 am
I don't like Biden. He is a neoliberal. 69 billionaires or their spouses contributed donations to his primary election campaign. They'll want something in return, and in 2019 Biden has already told them that they'll have nothing to worry about, should he become the next president.
Hermit wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:14 am
...the Dems are a thoroughly uninspiring bunch. Voters have not noticed a significant change in the rate their material conditions have deteriorated whenever the Dems are in government. Not even during Obama's presidency.
No, the sorry state of the Dems as an alternative is not remarkable. It's a given. They were solidly neoliberal at least since Bill Clinton's time in office. You can't expect much social change when dozens of billionaires have bought them. They bought Hillary in 2016, and she reciprocated by telling them that she'd leave the banks to regulate the financial sector all on their own. The coming Biden administration will be no different.
Hermit wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:05 am
And then there is Biden himself. What can we expect from him? Certainly, he is not going to be the disastrous clusterfuck personified so brilliantly summarised by Jonathan Pie (despite making some factual mistakes) here, but going by the policies Biden supported during his 36 years as Senator he has not exactly covered himself in glory, to put it extremely mildly.
He said that he sees no problem with billionaires and that they'll notice hardly any difference if he is elected. In other words, business as usual. It is a major reason why Hillary Clinton lost the most important swing states in the north-east. She too sucked up to the one-percenters and ignored the working and middle classes.

Don't for a moment think Biden will be much different. His multi-trillion program looks good on paper, but politicians are notorious for backtracking on promises they have made. Biden has been a politician for 48 years. He knows how to back-pedal, make compromises and make plausible looking excuses. He only looks good to me in comparison to his predecessor who simply should not have come within cooee of the presidency in the first place. Excuse me for not getting that celebratory feeling.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:19 am

I know you like subtlety, and your depth of understanding deserves more of it, Hermit.

But in the US, there are really only two choices. If you aren't willing to go right, you take what's left.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:46 am

Cunt wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:19 am
...in the US, there are really only two choices.
Two options to choose from, yes. Two flavours of capitalism. I did mention that 12 hours ago.
Hermit wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:21 pm
Big business owns governments. All governments. Governments do what big business allows them to do. Elections are a charade. Big business has already made the choice for you. Whoever you vote for, one thing is certain: The winner will be capitalism. Capitalism is about making as much profit as possible. (In the USA Bernie Sanders is the only potential obstacle to it. That's why not a single billionaire has supported him financially or otherwise. That is also why the main stream media do their best to starve him of publicity and the Democratic Party pole-axed him in 2016 and again in 2020.)

Of course, big corporations are not unanimous which capitalist party is best for turning a profit. Some think the neoliberal flavour is better in the long run because its social policies prevent the bread riots of yore and hopefully don't fuck the environment to the point of economic unsustainability. Others prefer the "damn the torpedoes - full steam ahead" approach of the other.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:44 am

Cunt wrote:
I know you like subtlety, and your depth of understanding deserves more of it, Hermit.

But in the US, there are really only two choices. If you aren't willing to go right, you take what's left.
Perhaps only 2 realistic choices for voting, Democrats or Republicans. As Hermit and others have said repeatedly, this not conflate to a left vs right choice, particularly if you want to use any sensible definition of "left"

But to go broader than voting, the choices for taking positions on public policy are not binary. If people think deeply and clearly about issues that concern them, locally or globally, then a very multi-dimensional slew of possibilities become evident.
And my gin!

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:25 am

Cunt wrote:
Nonsense donkey droppings. In the US, you have a choice of Right of Centre, Extreme Right, and Libertarian.

...and then there is Bernie, who would be in line with the average European/Canadian SD party.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:59 am

rainbow wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:25 am
Cunt wrote:
Nonsense donkey droppings. In the US, you have a choice of Right of Centre, Extreme Right, and Libertarian.

...and then there is Bernie, who would be in line with the average European/Canadian SD party.
Realistically, there are only two options: Vote Dem and vote Rep. Voting for anyone else is a vote thrown away.

And Bernie wasn't even running. He was executed during the primaries.