Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Joe » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:13 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:07 pm
Tero wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:33 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:08 pm
Texas law enforcement officials have arrested four women for allegedly targeting elderly voters in the 2016 elections in a "voter fraud ring" that was funded by a Democratic Party leader, according to court documents filed this week by Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton.

"The defendants were members of an organized voter fraud ring and were paid to target elderly voters in certain northern Fort Worth precincts in a scheme to generate large numbers of mail ballots, then harvest those ballots for specific candidates," NBC DFW reported.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/37661/te ... n-saavedra
More pizzagate. Compared to dumped blacks in Georgia, this amounts to nothing.
"organized voter fraud ring" = "amounts to nothing." LOL
Hmmm, allegations of 1,400,000 voters purged versus 26 fraudulent votes?

Which is more problematic? It's sooo hard to decide!

:doglol:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:35 pm

Joe wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:13 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:07 pm
Tero wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:33 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:08 pm
Texas law enforcement officials have arrested four women for allegedly targeting elderly voters in the 2016 elections in a "voter fraud ring" that was funded by a Democratic Party leader, according to court documents filed this week by Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton.

"The defendants were members of an organized voter fraud ring and were paid to target elderly voters in certain northern Fort Worth precincts in a scheme to generate large numbers of mail ballots, then harvest those ballots for specific candidates," NBC DFW reported.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/37661/te ... n-saavedra
More pizzagate. Compared to dumped blacks in Georgia, this amounts to nothing.
"organized voter fraud ring" = "amounts to nothing." LOL
Hmmm, allegations of 1,400,000 voters purged versus 26 fraudulent votes?

Which is more problematic? It's sooo hard to decide!

:doglol:
Just a little routine maintenance. Nothing to see here. :whistle:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:52 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:30 pm
pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:40 pm

You clearly never went there. They made the most ridiculous examples in the 'problematic' thread look mild.
You're a lot like they were.
As I said, they made the most ridiculous examples on your Problematic thread look tame. You really have no clue what you are talking about.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:54 pm

Animavore wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:02 pm
Sean Hayden wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:43 pm
I don't know why I ever thought highly of you. :nono:
:this: That penny's dropping now?

Seeing him go from someone whose opinion I respected, who could argue well and back up things with facts, to a shrieking, unpaid shill who sources conspiracy theory websites backed up with lies.... It, funnily, saddens me the most of the whole Trump affair. He's a casualty of this whole sordid mess.

It's the equivalent, to me, of seeing a good biologist turn creationist. And I do question if he, like Anthony Flew, is suffering from a mental deterioration, because the change is drastic in my view.
Both of you were deluded. I've known from our very first interactions that he was disingenuous and dishonest. I'm not sure what the rest of you were reading.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:09 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:20 pm
Jesus, I'm patriotic and respect the hell outta mendments. But the 2nd, damn, have you even seen the 4th and 5th?

2nd, pfft.
2nd amendment is the one that prevents the government from removing a citizens right to bear arms, right?

Seems a good one to me.
Forty Two wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:31 pm
pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:05 pm
I really don't think 42 is sane anymore. He seems to have become totally consumed with an SJW bogeyman. He's lost all connection with reality.
....and, there we go.
I've begun catagorizing this particular kind of personal attack as 'doing the Rum'.

Hermit wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:04 pm
Looks to me like leaving the administration of election results in the hands of partisans, be they Democrats or Republicans, is not a particularly bright idea. Another reason, though a very minor one, why I am not surprised that the US is so fucked up.
How can we identify anyone as 'not partisan'?

I think it might be better to have suspicious republicans observing democrat counters, then vice-versa. It would only take twice as long..
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:19 am

Cunt wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:09 am
Hermit wrote:
Looks to me like leaving the administration of election results in the hands of partisans, be they Democrats or Republicans, is not a particularly bright idea. Another reason, though a very minor one, why I am not surprised that the US is so fucked up.
I don't know exactly how we manage to do exactly that in Australia, but that is exactly what we do via the Australian Electoral Commission, which is the independent, non-partisan organisation that ensures seat boundaries are not gerrymandered and voter suppression does not happen. It uses statisticians to determine seat boundaries and locations of polling booths. Being a federal institution, rules concerning voter registration is uniform throughout the country and from state to state. Oopsies do occur, like when 1,400 ballots were lost during the recount for the 2013 Western Australia Senate election that necessitated the subsequent 2014 special election, but they are exceedingly rare.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:21 am

Yebbut they're the state. Can't trust them. Can only trust armed citizens to ensure electoral impartiality.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:13 pm

The right to your guns vs
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Come on man, it's not even close. Don't try to tell me one isn't threatened either. There are all kinds of issues with securing the 4th.

You've just been duped by the gun lobby.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:32 pm

The King must not be allowed to search me or take my guns. However, corporations can search me by buying everything I own by eminent domain or the banks by foreclosure. The corporations are people too! And they have bigger guns.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:32 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:13 pm
The right to your guns vs
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Come on man, it's not even close. Don't try to tell me one isn't threatened either. There are all kinds of issues with securing the 4th.

You've just been duped by the gun lobby.
Trudeau's government just got caught demanding that Canada's biggest banks give up detailed information about all our financial doings.

Yeah, that's a big one. I'm sure the US has as much bullshit going on in that area. We all gave our privacy away willingly though (via facebook, smartphones and a few other things). I think we can still have a legal expectation of privacy, but not a practical one.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:30 pm

Hermit wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:19 am
Cunt wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:09 am
Hermit wrote:
I don't know exactly how we manage to do exactly that in Australia, but that is exactly what we do via the Australian Electoral Commission, which is the independent, non-partisan organisation that ensures seat boundaries are not gerrymandered and voter suppression does not happen. It uses statisticians to determine seat boundaries and locations of polling booths. Being a federal institution, rules concerning voter registration is uniform throughout the country and from state to state. Oopsies do occur, like when 1,400 ballots were lost during the recount for the 2013 Western Australia Senate election that necessitated the subsequent 2014 special election, but they are exceedingly rare.
I think something of this nature should be used. How are the members of the commission chosen in Oz?

One big problem the US has is a deficiency in the number of representatives in the House of Representatives. In 1929, the number of representatives was capped at 435. It used to be that as population increased, so would the number of representatives. So, now, with almost 3 times the population we had in 1929, we have the same number of representatives, which means that each representative is representing larger and larger districts. I would think that if there were 1305 representatives in the House, each representative's responsiveness to the people of his or her district would be better. And, there would be more districts to dole out. That way, there would have to be a lot more gerrymandering occurring before it made any real difference on control of the house, and gerrymandering districts at that level would just cause other districts to be created that are heavily weighted to the other party.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:38 pm

Oh hell, 1035 congresspeople, let's just get rid of Congress. Throw everything back to states. Replace the federal part with an accountant who can direct money from rich states to poor/small ones. Because we still need Alaska oil and Wyoming coal till we figure this energy out. We here in the plains will hold trump cards: we have your food.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:52 pm

In the tank for Democrats - NBC shows its bias in reporting -- check out this article https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/electi ... at-n934956

Republicans claim "Without evidence" they say - that Florida seats being stolen.

Without evidence? You've got election coordinator Snipes who has been convicted of previously destroying ballots, and otherwise criminally failing to abide by voting laws. Here, Broward County did not count its votes timely, and two days after the election, Snipes would not even say how many ballots were left to count, even though she was legally obligated to do so. there is video of ballots being moved vehicle to vehicle without any chain of custody protections, and she's apparently mixing valid and invalid ballots together.

But, the article says, quite carefully -- "State election monitors in Broward County told The Miami Herald on Saturday that they've seen no evidence of voter fraud." Counting fraud or improprieties by the election officials like Snipes is not "voter" fraud. The use of that term is very purposeful. It's to convey that Republicans are making up allegations of any impropriety because there is no evidence of "voter fraud." For there to be evidence of "voter" fraud, we'd have to examine the ballots. Obviously, there CAN'T be evidence known to people outside the ballot polling place rooms, of "voter fraud" because nobody has (or should have) access to those ballots until the officials and poll workers are done counting. However, the HANDLING of those ballots is vital to ensuring the validity of the vote - because if they destroy ballots or mix up invalid and valid ballots etc., that's a problem.

Also, the reason they need to get the counting done quickly - like every other county in the State did - is to ensure that late arriving absentee and provisional ballots are not added to the count. You can't keep finding ballots days after the election is over. That's just insane.

The article says -- "Todd asked Gardner if he would "accept those results" should the recount lead to "anything other than a Rick Scott victory" and no evidence of voter fraud is found." that's the usual question from the Democrats to Republicans - "will you accept the results.." - I.e., commit in advance, before the completion of the process, whether you will agree not to mount a challenge. If you say yes, then you can't go back on your word not to challenge the results, even if something other than "voter fraud" impacts the integrity of the election, and if you say "no" then you are painted as lacking respect for the electoral process. It's the same fucking game they played during the election of Trump, when they asked him if he would accept the results of the election before the election even happened. It's a dumb-ass question, and it's only purpose is political.

What NBC should be doing is investigating what exactly is happening down there in Broward county and trying to get the facts. Not sitting in a chiar and asking interested parties to make their political talking points.

The article says "no proof of voter fraud" - but, then ignores the fact that the Republicans are correct, and they received a court order finding the Broward county officials, including Snipes, violated the Florida Constitution. They're also in contempt of court.

They won't release the information on how many ballots are left. It's a week after the election. That's horseshit right there. And, come on folks, can we just admit that if it was in a red county where a Republican election commissioner was in charge and did exactly what Snipes is doing here, don't we all know that the Democrats would (rightly) be screaming bloody murder about it? And, shouldn't they in that circumstance?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:54 pm

Tero wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:38 pm
Oh hell, 1035 congresspeople, let's just get rid of Congress. Throw everything back to states. Replace the federal part with an accountant who can direct money from rich states to poor/small ones. Because we still need Alaska oil and Wyoming coal till we figure this energy out. We here in the plains will hold trump cards: we have your food.
If there were 3 times the Representatives, we'd be at a level where common citizens could pick up the phone and get their representative on the horn quickly. We'd have meetings with out congresspeople face to face.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:09 pm

With our?

My senators run away from me. They only talk to people at $$$ per plate fundraising dinners. We have not had a Democrat senator in the 2000s.