The Thread of Democrats

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:25 pm

He only does what troll central tells him to do.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:42 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:24 pm
I get that, I know that's what you're doing. But you know that I defend people regardless of politics against SJW bullshit. I try to anyway.
Yes, well, it's funny. Nothing is going to happen to Uncle Joe. He'll have to say five hail marys and he will have to say he learned over time that his innocently intended behavior was not cool, and that he is glad for the reeducation he's receiving, and the SJWs will line up behind him, if he gets the nomination.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:43 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:25 pm
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:29 pm

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:51 pm

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:39 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:25 pm
Stop trolling.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:53 am

Forty Two wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:18 pm
Sean Hayden wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:59 pm
I don't like it. I think it's the wrong approach to take. It really seems counterproductive to your fight against the insanity of the SJW crowd.
LOL - it's joking. It's funny because it's Democrats reaping what their constituents are sowing.

You want "believe all women," and "yes all women," and "it's all men" - it's patriarchy - everyday sexism.

Everyday. Sexism.

In the language of the SJW, this is exactly what they talk about. Things that are not "big deals" are actually big deals. Microaggressions add up to huge things, which is why they are important. Things that are not "intended" to be offensive, are offensive, and the reason the offender doesn't see them as offensive is because he's white - cis - male - het - old - he doesn't get it, and it's because he is part of the patriarchy. Bodily integrity means that you don't hug anyone or kiss them without their consent - consent must be freely given and verbal - in fact, sometimes "enthusiastically" given. A man is not "entitled" to touch a woman, to invade her personal space.

You can't sell that line over and over again, and then pretend it doesn't apply when the guns are trained on your "side."

That's what makes this so funny. It's just like when a member of the religious right "fundies" is caught with his hand in the "cookie jar" so-to-speak. It's worse than normal defalcations, because it's coming from the side that moralizes. If you're the side doing the moralizing, it's natural for people to find it funny when your side fails to meet its own standards. (not meaning you personally - a general "you").
SJWs defending Biden's creepiness? I've seen plenty of strawmen, but this one takes the cake.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:49 am

Did you hug that child?
Biden: I did.
Did the 13-year old hooker give you a blow job?
Trump: I have never met this person.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:12 pm

Hermit wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:53 am
SJWs defending Biden's creepiness? I've seen plenty of strawmen, but this one takes the cake.
Who? Which ones? Those that would be considered "SJWs" on my Facebook page are all against Biden for this very reason. And Beto as it happens.

Which I find troubling because it points at a divided Democratic voting bloc yet again.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:47 pm

Animavore wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:12 pm
Hermit wrote:
Who? Which ones? Those that would be considered "SJWs" on my Facebook page are all against Biden for this very reason. And Beto as it happens.

Which I find troubling because it points at a divided Democratic voting bloc yet again.
To be fair, Beto is a DINO. Check his voting record. Biden's record is better, though he is in favour of maintaining economic sanctions against Cuba, capital punishment, tougher sentencing in general and opposes making marijuana legal.

As for me, I despise the policies of both Clintons in particular, and I am not particularly impressed by the Democrats in general. The new Democrats are an improvement, though they are somewhat milquetoast, and of course they are untested. How they stay the course if they ever get into the position of government remains to be seen. I am not overly confident that they won't cave in when put to it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:55 pm

FEEL THE BERN!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:30 pm

Hermit wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Sean Hayden wrote:
I don't like it. I think it's the wrong approach to take. It really seems counterproductive to your fight against the insanity of the SJW crowd.
LOL - it's joking. It's funny because it's Democrats reaping what their constituents are sowing.

You want "believe all women," and "yes all women," and "it's all men" - it's patriarchy - everyday sexism.

Everyday. Sexism.

In the language of the SJW, this is exactly what they talk about. Things that are not "big deals" are actually big deals. Microaggressions add up to huge things, which is why they are important. Things that are not "intended" to be offensive, are offensive, and the reason the offender doesn't see them as offensive is because he's white - cis - male - het - old - he doesn't get it, and it's because he is part of the patriarchy. Bodily integrity means that you don't hug anyone or kiss them without their consent - consent must be freely given and verbal - in fact, sometimes "enthusiastically" given. A man is not "entitled" to touch a woman, to invade her personal space.

You can't sell that line over and over again, and then pretend it doesn't apply when the guns are trained on your "side."

That's what makes this so funny. It's just like when a member of the religious right "fundies" is caught with his hand in the "cookie jar" so-to-speak. It's worse than normal defalcations, because it's coming from the side that moralizes. If you're the side doing the moralizing, it's natural for people to find it funny when your side fails to meet its own standards. (not meaning you personally - a general "you").
Alyssa Milano did, for example. It's not a strawman - it's hilarious. Joe Scarborough and Mika Brezinski of MSNBC said the allegations were "ridiculous." (so much for the "lived experience" of the female victims who must be believed) and she said - he’s ‘extremely flirtatious in a completely safe way,’ assuring viewers ‘I don’t think that there’s a bad intent on his part at all’ since she was sure he didn’t mean ‘anything from it except to be nice, to be kind,’ -- you see, in Biden's case, it's not about how the touching was received, it's not about how it unnerved the woman who "never felt anything like that" and "felt there was nothing I could do..." It's just Uncle Joe! -- In this case, the victim is overreacting! :-)

Diane Feinstein - "he's a warm, tactile person..." LOL. Jeff Bezos’ blog, The Washington Post, tells us all this is happening because Joe Biden is “affectionate.” In a story titled credulously, “Joe Biden’s affectionate, physical style with women comes under scrutiny,” Nice way to put it! “This affectionate and sometimes intimate physical style is one of the former vice president’s trademarks, a defining feature of the warm and upbeat persona he has built during more than four decades in the national spotlight.”

Oh, it's not sexism, no! It's Joe! He's just touchy feely - which is why we see all the videos of him putting his arms around men's waists, lowering his nose to their hair and taking a nice, deep inhale, and then planting a nice, warm, tactile smooch right on their male heads!

Whoopi Goldberg said that he's just a warm person, and he shouldn't stop smelling women's hair and kissing them - telling him to stop "pissed her off." :funny: Hear that, Lucy Flores! Your "lived experience" doesn't matter. Your feelings about this aren't the important thing, it's Biden's intent that matters! He's touchy feely! That's his thing! That's Joe - Boy will be Boy!

Come on, man - after how the Progressive left spoke in absolutes, this kind of rationalizing is hilarious.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:48 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:30 pm
Hermit wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Sean Hayden wrote:

Everyday. Sexism.

Alyssa Milano did, for example. It's not a strawman - it's hilarious. Joe Scarborough and Mika Brezinski of MSNBC said the allegations were "ridiculous." (so much for the "lived experience" of the female victims who must be believed) and she said - he’s ‘extremely flirtatious in a completely safe way,’ assuring viewers ‘I don’t think that there’s a bad intent on his part at all’ since she was sure he didn’t mean ‘anything from it except to be nice, to be kind,’ -- you see, in Biden's case, it's not about how the touching was received, it's not about how it unnerved the woman who "never felt anything like that" and "felt there was nothing I could do..." It's just Uncle Joe! -- In this case, the victim is overreacting! :-)

Diane Feinstein - "he's a warm, tactile person..." LOL. Jeff Bezos’ blog, The Washington Post, tells us all this is happening because Joe Biden is “affectionate.” In a story titled credulously, “Joe Biden’s affectionate, physical style with women comes under scrutiny,” Nice way to put it! “This affectionate and sometimes intimate physical style is one of the former vice president’s trademarks, a defining feature of the warm and upbeat persona he has built during more than four decades in the national spotlight.”

Oh, it's not sexism, no! It's Joe! He's just touchy feely - which is why we see all the videos of him putting his arms around men's waists, lowering his nose to their hair and taking a nice, deep inhale, and then planting a nice, warm, tactile smooch right on their male heads!

Whoopi Goldberg said that he's just a warm person, and he shouldn't stop smelling women's hair and kissing them - telling him to stop "pissed her off." :funny: Hear that, Lucy Flores! Your "lived experience" doesn't matter. Your feelings about this aren't the important thing, it's Biden's intent that matters! He's touchy feely! That's his thing! That's Joe - Boy will be Boy!

Come on, man - after how the Progressive left spoke in absolutes, this kind of rationalizing is hilarious.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:17 am

Forty Two wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:30 pm
Hermit wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Sean Hayden wrote:

Everyday. Sexism.

1) A handful of people describing Biden as affectionate =|= SJWs ignoring creepiness.
2) Biden's affection =|= "And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. ... Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything."

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:00 am

C52DFD25-1B85-46E3-9C26-888ED1C707BE.jpeg
Democrats want report
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice