The Thread of Democrats

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Forty Two » Wed May 24, 2017 3:35 am

Forty Two wrote:Remember when this was the rule the Democrats were selling....

Traitors! http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la ... story.html
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu May 25, 2017 2:15 pm

“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu May 25, 2017 2:21 pm

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu May 25, 2017 2:24 pm

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri May 26, 2017 12:12 pm

https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri May 26, 2017 1:39 pm

Tero wrote:Image
This is the Thread of Democrats. :tut:

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri May 26, 2017 1:43 pm

This is how the politics are run from now on. Push and shove. Learn from Trump! Get with the program!
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat May 27, 2017 7:48 am

When push comes to shove, 42 will always say "but the democrats were even worse!"
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Sat May 27, 2017 10:36 am

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation- ... 48259.html

Secret court rebukes NSA for 5-year illegal surveillance of U.S. citizens ! Also rebukes CIA and FBI. So, what did Comey and Obama know about the illegal spying and when did they know it? Will the Attorney General pursue criminal indictments? :zilla: The surprise presidential impeachment of 2017 could be Obama for his past crimes as POTUS :hehe:
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat May 27, 2017 10:53 am

Why is there a thread of Democrats when they aren't the ones in power and destroying the country and lives?

Seems redundant to me.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue May 30, 2017 12:47 pm

JimC wrote:When push comes to shove, 42 will always say "but the democrats were even worse!"
When push comes to shove, you will always say that Republicans were even worse.

I don't say the Democrats are worse, though. They are approximately the same. What happens is the pro-Democrat crowd thinks their candidates do no wrong. If you look at the comments on this board from folks who say they have criticized Obama or the Democrats, the criticism is muted and mild by comparison.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue May 30, 2017 12:48 pm

Tyrannical wrote:http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation- ... 48259.html

Secret court rebukes NSA for 5-year illegal surveillance of U.S. citizens ! Also rebukes CIA and FBI. So, what did Comey and Obama know about the illegal spying and when did they know it? Will the Attorney General pursue criminal indictments? :zilla: The surprise presidential impeachment of 2017 could be Obama for his past crimes as POTUS :hehe:
...it was all put in place by Bush, and Obama couldn't really do anything about it during his term. He really wanted to, but it was too big for any one man to deal with... :prof:

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue May 30, 2017 12:50 pm

Animavore wrote:Why is there a thread of Democrats when they aren't the ones in power and destroying the country and lives?

Seems redundant to me.
For fun, and for the same reason there were lots of threads about Republicans when they were not "in power." This thread balances the threads about Republicans.

...why would it upset anyone for there to be a Thread of Democrats.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue May 30, 2017 3:45 pm

Forty Two wrote:
JimC wrote:I don't say the Democrats are worse, though. They are approximately the same. What happens is the pro-Democrat crowd thinks their candidates do no wrong. If you look at the comments on this board from folks who say they have criticized Obama or the Democrats, the criticism is muted and mild by comparison.
O no. Not that again. I suppose calling Obama's administration more Fascistic and police-state-like than that of Bush is the same as saying Democrat candidates can do no wrong. Or at least it's muted criticism. Or not enough sackcloth and ashes.

Really, Coito, you live in a curious bubble. By the way, when was the last time we heard some trenchant criticism of Trump's administration or the Republicans in general by you? Had a look in the mirror lately?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed May 31, 2017 2:01 am

There's nothing to criticise Trump about. It's all fake news.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.