The Thread of Democrats

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by JimC » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:45 am

BarnettNewman wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:35 am
Was the story set on Venus?
It keeps flipping between Venus and Mars... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:05 pm

“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:51 am

Poor people not allowed in AOC's luxury apartment complex

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poli ... nt-complex

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:02 am

Sure that is not Breitbart? The same news.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:22 pm

I don't know man. Going through the media is hell. They say things like:
Her office pushed back against the notion that it was hypocritical for Ocasio-Cortez, who has made housing affordability one of her top policy concerns, to move into a luxury building. A spokesman pointed out that her office also uses a car with an "internal combustion engine that runs on fossil fuels," even though she thinks their use should be eliminated.
But without demonstrating that anyone associated with her actually said it. The only source is the article itself and they've already been copy-pasted onto dozens of other sites. It's fucking ridiculous. You get the impression of a real story from the scale of the reporting alone, but then when you look into it you find that all the "reporting" rests on a single source that doesn't bother to provide the means to validate its claims.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:13 pm

The wielding of bias in media SHOULD be embarrassing for either side.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:52 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:22 pm
Her office pushed back against the notion that it was hypocritical for Ocasio-Cortez, who has made housing affordability one of her top policy concerns, to move into a luxury building. A spokesman pointed out that her office also uses a car with an "internal combustion engine that runs on fossil fuels," even though she thinks their use should be eliminated.
But without demonstrating that anyone associated with her actually said it. The only source is the article itself and they've already been copy-pasted onto dozens of other sites. It's fucking ridiculous. You get the impression of a real story from the scale of the reporting alone, but then when you look into it you find that all the "reporting" rests on a single source that doesn't bother to provide the means to validate its claims.
That's been one of my pet peeves for a while now. Reporters don't tell you how they know things, and the use of vague terms like "a person with knowledge" or something like that, we don't know how that person got their knowledge - first hand? Second hand? The media are too wild and unsubstantiated wit their reporting.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:13 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:52 pm
Sean Hayden wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:22 pm
That's been one of my pet peeves for a while now. Reporters don't tell you how they know things, and the use of vague terms like "a person with knowledge" or something like that, we don't know how that person got their knowledge - first hand? Second hand? The media are too wild and unsubstantiated wit their reporting.
Perhaps it's time to restrict the use of the comment section to fact-checking the article.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:39 pm

When some children came to talk to Senator Diane Feinstein about climate change and supporting the 'Green New Deal,' she had to make sure they knew their place, which definitely isn't trying to pressure her to support legislation. Annoying brats getting in her face must be told!

'Grilled by children, Feinstein tries to teach lesson in politics'
U.S. Sen Dianne Feinstein, D-California, isn't backing the Green New Deal, and she wasn't shy about letting a group who does support it know it — even if they are children.

A group of schoolchildren visited the senator at her San Francisco office Friday and urged her to get on board with the renewable energy legislation. But the conversation quickly turned into somewhat of a confrontation, and Feinstein has been criticized online for the tone she took. Edited video of the 85-year-old lecturing more than a dozen kids went viral Friday.

One girl implored the senator to back the Green New Deal and argued that the government can afford it. "We have tons of money going to military," the girl told the lawmaker.

"I've been doing this for 30 years," Feinstein said. "I know what I’m doing. You come in here and you say it has to be my way or the highway. I don’t respond to that."
The short clip of the interaction shows Feinstein in a fairly bad light, but in a longer version it's apparent that she eventually became more conciliatory, including offering an internship to one of the group. Later she did some damage control: 'Unfortunately, it was a brief meeting but I want the children to know they were heard loud and clear. I have been and remain committed to doing everything I can to enact real, meaningful climate change legislation.'

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:34 pm

Writer from Appalachia writes huge article on hillbillies
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/f ... a-activism
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:19 am

The fuq? Trump 47%, Bernie 45%... IN TEXAS!

https://poll.qu.edu/texas/release-detail?ReleaseID=2602

And the Dem establishment and so-called left-biased MSM are still treating Bernie like he's a wacky fringe candidate with no chance that shouldn't be taken seriously...
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:35 pm

foxneews blocked.jpg
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:54 am

Latest evidence showing that US Democrats are closet Marxists! :hairfire:

'Democrats plan to strike "God" from oath for House Committee'
House Democrats are looking to strike the phrase “so help you God” from the oath taken in a committee, prompting one prominent Republican to label them "the party of Karl Marx.”

A draft of the proposed rules for the House Committee on Natural Resources that was recently made public showed certain changes for the rules in red and items to be deleted put in brackets.

For the oath witnesses are supposed to take, the proposed rules remove the phrase “so help you God” while adding the phrase “under penalty of law.”

The proposed rules also add gender inclusive edits, changing “chairman” to “chair” and on multiple occasions replacing “his or her” with “their.”

Apparently it's not just that one committee where this creeping horror is taking place, but god-fearing Republicans aren't taking it sitting down. From a wingnut site:

'Democrats Refuse to Say "So Help Me God" While Swearing-In at House Committee'
Democrats refused to say "so help me God" during the swearing-in oath before testifying to a House committee this week, by simply omitting it when they were sworn in.

The seemingly pre-prepared move by the Dems sparked a furious reaction from Republican ranking member Rep. Mike Johnson.

Video captured the moment at the beginning of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution and Civil Rights & Liberties and shows Rep. Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.) starting the hearing by asking three people to be sworn-in before testifying.

“Do you swear or affirm under penalty of perjury that the testimony that you’re about to give is true and correct to the best of your knowledge, information, and belief?” Cohen asked the trio.

They all said "yes," then left a silent pause before sitting down again.

Johnson shared the video clip on Twitter on March 1, saying: “I will not give up on this issue. Stay tuned."

Cohen prepared to move on but Rep. Mike Johnson (R-La.) interjected, saying, “I think we left out ‘so help me God.'”

“We did,” admitted Cohen.

Johnson, 47, asked the witnesses to reaffirm the oath with the traditional phrase for the record, to which Cohen responded, “No.”

“If they want to do it, but some of them don’t want to do it, and I don’t think it’s necessary, and I don’t like to assert my will over other people,” Cohen said.

Johnson responded: “Well it goes back to our founding history, it’s been part of our tradition for more than two centuries and I don’t know that we should abandon it now.”

“Could I ask the witnesses if they would choose to use the phrase?” he asked.

Before the witnesses could respond, Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) asked to speak.

He then said: “If any witness objects he should not be asked to identify himself. We do not have religious tests for office or for anything else.”

“And we should let it go with that,” he added.

Cohen then moved the hearing on without any of the witnesses taking the oath with the phrase “so help me God" included.

The drаft of the committee rules features other nods to cultural Marxism.

The words “his or her” are replaced throughout the proposed rules with “their” and all of the references to “chairman” are replaced with “chair.”

An offshoot of Marxism, cultural Marxism focuses on culture instead of economics.

The ideology is steeped in atheism and purports that there is no such thing as race and gender.Cultural Marxism’s central goal is to destroy traditional culture, with a specific focus on family values, faith, and love for one’s country.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:58 am

Cultural marxists under the bed! :hairfire:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:26 am

This all started with the thin-edge-of-the-wedge SJWers and their cultural Marxist take-over of university campuses!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.