The Thread of Democrats

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Tero » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:09 pm

Trump on the other hand is a fake libertarian.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:17 pm

Tero wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:09 pm
Trump on the other hand is a fake libertarian.
If asked before he ran, I would have guessed Democrat with libertarian personal leanings (so normally selfish)

Now, I think he is Republican enough to suit, but it is really more about popularity. There are 'more Republican' people who could run, but he is a very good comedien, and knows how to get and use a crowd.

It's why I expect the Dems are playing a game where they will introduce their 'real candidate' after all the powder is spent attacking the current two (rich old white guys)

I mean, if we can see so clearly how Biden is suffering from dementia, they can see it even better. They know they are backing a candidate who can't win.

So like I said, at the last minute, someone with better chances will show up and take the reigns.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:12 pm

White dementia dude on the road, 10 000 areana for a start. What could go wrong? I'd rather go hear some malarky than the worn out Trump lines.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:29 pm

Tero wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:12 pm
White dementia dude on the road, 10 000 areana for a start. What could go wrong? I'd rather go hear some malarky than the worn out Trump lines.
It looks like a lot of people agree with you.

However, there are perhaps even more who want to hear Trump.

Listening to Ben Shapiro interview a Democrat - Alan Dershowitz.

He wrote a book, originally titled 'The Case Against Impeaching President Clinton', then when she lost, changed the title to '...President Trump'.

Might be interesting. Certainly more informative than listening to what CNN or MSNBC says about him.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:12 pm

The senile Biden talking in complete sentences. Actually, much more so than Bush or even Daddy Bush

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:55 pm

That Dershowitz fellow sounds like one smart fucker. Civil liberties guy, who has a few really memorable notches in his belt. Of course it's easy to hate defense lawyers for doing their job very well, but there was a lot more to that interview.

He echoes a sentiment I have heard a number of times - the left has pushed out leftists, who are now pretty much politically homeless.

Sure be a shame if the Republicans took advantage of this, with good BBQ and other welcoming aspects to their public events...that would tempt people to think the Dem's were NOT the party of tolerance...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:17 am

There is hard data that shows "Bernie Bros" are a myth
A computational social scientist's study shows Bernie's Twitter followers act pretty much the same as everyone else

Mainstream pundits and politicians continue to obsess over the stereotype of the "Bernie Bro," a perfervid horde of Bernie Sanders supporters who supposedly stop at nothing to harass his opponents online. Elizabeth Warren, Hillary Clinton and New York Times columnist Bret Stephens have all helped perpetuate the idea that Sanders' supporters are somehow uniquely cruel, despite Sanders' platform and policy proposal being the most humane of all the candidates.

The only problem? The evidence that Sanders supporters are uniquely cruel online, compared to any other candidates' supporters, is scant; much of the discourse around Bernie Bros seems to rely on skewed anecdotes that don't stand up to scrutiny. Many Sanders supporters suspect that the stereotype is perpetuated in bad faith to help torpedo his candidacy.

A few weeks ago I penned a story for Salon attempting to qualitatively disprove the Bernie Bro myth by pulling from psychological theory and the nature of online behavior. To summarize my conclusions: First, there is a general tendency for online behavior to be negative, known as the online disinhibition effect — but it affects all people equally, not merely Sanders' supporters. Second, pundits systematically ignore when other candidates' supporters are mean online, perhaps because of the aforementioned established stereotype; in this sense, the Bernie Bro is not dissimilar from other political canards like the "welfare queen." Third, Twitter is not a representative sample size of the population, and is so prone to harboring propaganda outfits and bots such that it is not a reliable way of gauging public opinion.

Now, to add to this qualitative assessment, there is quantitative evidence, too — reaped from studying hundreds of thousands of interactions online — that reveals the Bernie Bro myth as, well, a myth. Jeff Winchell, a computational social scientist and graduate student at Harvard University, crunched the numbers on tweet data and found that Sanders' supporters online behave the same as everyone else. Winchell used what is called a sentiment analysis, a technique used both in the digital humanities and in e-commerce, to gauge emotional intent from social media data.

"Bernie followers act pretty much the same on Twitter as any other follower," Winchell says of his results. "There is one key difference that Twitter users and media don't seem to be aware of.... Bernie has a lot more Twitter followers than Twitter followers of other Democrat's campaigns," he added, noting that this may be partly what helps perpetuate the myth.

continued: https://www.salon.com/2020/03/09/there- ... re-a-myth/
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:19 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:53 pm
Joe - here's an article you might be interested in, from The Nation. I know that's probably a right wing rag to you, but give it a read:

RIP, Russiagate
The implosion of the collusion theory is a humiliation for everyone who promoted it. https://www.thenation.com/article/rip-russiagate/

You should feel this same humiliation, particularly with your doubling down on it, even after any thinking person can see that it really was bullshit.
I get the feeling that, even a year after Forty Two made this point, there are many here who still think that 'Russian Collusion' is more than a conpsiracy theory of the uninformed.

I miss him. He was good to people in a way that many of you, who have mostly popular opinions, might not appreciate.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:19 pm

It was mainly Trump and chums who were banging on about #nocollusion...

But the fact that Russia intervened in the 2016 election in favour of Trump is borne out by the evidence in the charge sheets, testimonies, and convictions of some of those involved.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:01 pm

For over a year now, I've admired the work that Katie Porter does in the US House of Representatives--she fucking rocks. Porter just cornered the director of the Centers for Disease Control during his appearance before the House, and wrung out a commitment from him to use his authority to waive the costs of testing for the Bug of Menace.

'"I Did the Math": Katie Porter Gets Trump CDC Head to Commit to Making Coronavirus Testing Free'
Democratic firebrand Rep. Katie Porter on Thursday extracted a commitment from Centers for Disease Control director Dr. Robert Redfield to use his authority under federal regulations to waive the cost of coronavirus testing for all Americans.

"I did the math," said Porter, holding up a whiteboard on which she wrote the associated costs to the total $1,331 bill.

"We live in a world where 40% of Americans can't even afford a $400 unexpected expense," said Porter. "We live in a world where 33% of Americans put off medical treatment last year, and we have $1,133 expense just for testing for the coronavirus."

Noting that the prohibitive expense of the test could discourage poorer Americans from getting tested, Porter demanded Redfield use his legal authority under the Code of Federal Regulations to waive the cost.

After a back and forth in which Porter called Redfield's attempts to avoid committing to covering the cost "not good enough," the California Democrat finally got Redfield to commit to using his authority under 82 CFR 6975 to waive the costs of testing.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:41 am

And on the Republican side: bail out Wall st for stocks falling. Fuck the citizens and the pandemic.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:53 am

Tero wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:41 am
Fuck the citizens
Do we have time?
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:13 am

laklak wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:53 am
Tero wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:41 am
Fuck the citizens
Do we have time?
Sure. Wash hands and genitals afterward. Shower in 1% chlorox might be best.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:54 am

This makes me wonder, would it be more worthwhile testing surfaces for spread of a virus, or just use a sterilization protocol?

This IS the thread of Democrats, right?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:14 am

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.