The Thread of Democrats

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:10 am

Whoever gives me more guns!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:20 am

Hermit wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:30 am
JimC wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:59 am
What it tells me is that here is something deeply wrong with being a dyed in the wool "X" supporter, whoever X might be. The flip side of this is being automatically against "Y", whatever their politics might be. Personality politics sucks...
This is clearly about politics. Look at it again: Sanders will drain the swamp. Some people believed Trump's promise to drain the swamp. Clinton, the Wall Street shill who was paid huge amounts of money by the bankers for giving speeches to them in which she promised that banking regulations are best left in the hands of bankers, is a swamp creature. Sanders gets eliminated in the primaries, leaving the choice between voting for the candidate who promised to drain the swamp and the candidate that needs to be drained. If you saw the situation like that and you felt it is your duty to cast a vote, who would you vote for?
You are assuming that Sander's supporters were dominated by a hatred for conventional politics, but from a left rather than a right perspective.

Clearly, given the figures l'emmy showed, there is some truth in that.

Basing a voting stance on that is still a deeply stupid reaction...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:28 am

Who wants to drain the swamp? That is a great presumption. Reps dont and the Dems? The had their chances in the past but nothing happened. I think DC likes the swamp. It is so corrupt who wants to change?
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:31 am

JimC wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:20 am
Hermit wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:30 am
JimC wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:59 am
What it tells me is that here is something deeply wrong with being a dyed in the wool "X" supporter, whoever X might be. The flip side of this is being automatically against "Y", whatever their politics might be. Personality politics sucks...
This is clearly about politics. Look at it again: Sanders will drain the swamp. Some people believed Trump's promise to drain the swamp. Clinton, the Wall Street shill who was paid huge amounts of money by the bankers for giving speeches to them in which she promised that banking regulations are best left in the hands of bankers, is a swamp creature. Sanders gets eliminated in the primaries, leaving the choice between voting for the candidate who promised to drain the swamp and the candidate that needs to be drained. If you saw the situation like that and you felt it is your duty to cast a vote, who would you vote for?
You are assuming that Sander's supporters were dominated by a hatred for conventional politics, but from a left rather than a right perspective.

Clearly, given the figures l'emmy showed, there is some truth in that.

Basing a voting stance on that is still a deeply stupid reaction...
Yeah. OK. I'll leave you to it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:34 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:28 am
Who wants to drain the swamp? That is a great presumption. Reps dont and the Dems? The had their chances in the past but nothing happened. I think DC likes the swamp. It is so corrupt who wants to change?
Agreed.

Sanders is not your usual run-of-the-mill Dem. He seems to be genuine in his desire to upset the cosy Wall Street nest, which is why he got knifed in the 2016 primaries, and will get knifed in the present one too.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:04 am

Of course he will. He does not fit in. Corruption is so complete in DC a banana republic would be an improvement.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Post by Woodbutcher » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:02 pm

Drain the swamp is fucking stupid! When you drain the swamp, the water goes, but the shit stays behind! :prof:
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:52 pm

What swamp? Everybody has their own swamp to drain!

Woody, I think this is just one more example of stupidity from dumbing down. People want simple solutions. It's like all them diet books.
Book 1: don't eat carbs
Book 2: Eat these five things. Also have a balanced diet. Exercise. Meditate. Establish good sleep schedule. Get involved in a group activity. Turn off the TV. Don't eat and watch movies.

Which book will they buy? The one where the whole plan was in the title.

:funny:
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:09 pm

There you go blaming stupid people again. This is your mess. We didn't create capitalism. We don't run the banks. We don't run the world's largest polluters. If we have health insurance we don't even understand it, and forget about scamming others out of their life savings to give their kids subpar educations.

Nope, you smart fuckers ruin everything.

I think you're just mad you can't use us dummies for cannon fodder in your revolutions because your peers have figured out how to keep us mostly fat and happy, and it drives you nuts.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:43 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:09 pm
There you go blaming stupid people again. This is your mess. We didn't create capitalism. We don't run the banks. We don't run the world's largest polluters. If we have health insurance we don't even understand it, and forget about scamming others out of their life savings to give their kids subpar educations.

Nope, you smart fuckers ruin everything.

I think you're just mad you can't use us dummies for cannon fodder in your revolutions because your peers have figured out how to keep us mostly fat and happy, and it drives you nuts.
There is no revolution going on. Just going back to pre-reagan times when the BIG CORPORATIONS had not repurposed government gor their own profit. "Let's privatize everything and bill the tax payer."

But as far as stupid people, if one thought that Trump was going to drain the swamp, banish liberals, ban abortion, and take us all back to 1950, well that was stupid. Even if such a politician exists to do that, it was not Trump. He only knows how to cash in on stuff to profit himself.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:42 pm

There is no revolution going on.
Indeed.
Just going back to pre-reagan times when the BIG CORPORATIONS had not repurposed government gor their own profit.

Joseph Keppler drew the cartoon, which appeared in Puck on January 23, 1889 :tea:

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:48 pm

Yeah but we had the progressive era and the depression. That put an end to monopolies...till now. Now we have monopolies. Or duopolies.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:54 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:42 pm
There is no revolution going on.
Indeed.
Just going back to pre-reagan times when the BIG CORPORATIONS had not repurposed government gor their own profit.

Joseph Keppler drew the cartoon, which appeared in Puck on January 23, 1889 :tea:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Deal :tea:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:00 pm

We got some good things out of it, but removing the money in government has never happened. You didn't even see the end of monopolies. Some were hurt while others thrived and were in fact able to gather more support under the guise of being necessary evils --where have we seen that before?

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:28 pm

I have this book. It's all in there, the last 20 years.