The Thread of Democrats

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by laklak » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:05 am

So do they all, Tero. Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, ad nauseum, ALL of them did exactly the same thing. The only difference is The Donald tweets about it.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:55 am

laklak wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:46 pm
He's not actually the boogeyman, you know, or the Antichrist.
He's something far, far worse—he's a Republican.
laklak wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:46 pm
Some other smarmy fuckwad will be in and either the Left or the Right will be going on and on and on about the collapse of Human Civilization.
Thing is, one side's right. There's this thing called "climate change"...
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

laklak

Post by laklak » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:42 pm

I know we'll never agree, Seabass. I just don't see him as the end of civilization as we know it, I have faith in our country. We've watched empires fall and revolutions fail, seen holocausts and gulags and human misery of unprecedented proportions, but we're still here, still functioning under the same system we started with. Yes, there are issues, but I see them on both sides of the aisle.

But, to be fair, I've got an overseas bolt hole and a boat if things turn to real shit, so I may have a less jaundiced view than you do.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:30 pm

laklak wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:42 pm
I just don't see him as the end of civilization as we know it
Well, sure, he's a symptom rather than the disease. His presidency represents a triumph of ignorance and hate over reason and tolerance. A very significant portion of America has seen what he's done as president over the last three years and they like it. That's the truly disturbing aspect of this whole sordid mess. Even when he's gone, his supporters will still be there, ready to vote in another hateful, stupid, science/climate denying bigot.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

The Thread of Democrats

Post by BarnettNewman » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:03 pm

laklak wrote:He's not actually the boogeyman, you know, or the Antichrist. He's no worse or better than any number of other dickwads who've held office.
He’s not the Anti-Christ. The guy couldn’t pass the test to get into Anti-Christ school. It took Obama the better part of two terms to dig out of the mess left by Bush, setting aside the graft of Cheney (and they complain about Clinton.) If this asshole is left in office for two terms it’s going to take a monstrously competent person to stop the tailspin.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:42 am

Don't worry, in 2024 Ivanka will be running for office and we all know that she's the one with the smarts in that family. :whistle:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

laklak

Post by laklak » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:58 am

BarnettNewman wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:03 pm
laklak wrote:He's not actually the boogeyman, you know, or the Antichrist. He's no worse or better than any number of other dickwads who've held office.
He’s not the Anti-Christ. The guy couldn’t pass the test to get into Anti-Christ school. It took Obama the better part of two terms to dig out of the mess left by Bush, setting aside the graft of Cheney (and they complain about Clinton.) If this asshole is left in office for two terms it’s going to take a monstrously competent person to stop the tailspin.
Well yeah but it took Bush 8 years to dig our way out of the shit that Clinton left us in, and it took 8 years for Clinton to dig his way out of the shit that Bush left us in, and yada yada yada. They all get into office by slagging off the last motherfucker that was in the office. They take turns. I get the trough now, you get it in 8 years. All us ain't but feedstock.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:57 am

The economy boomed during Clinton's presidency.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:19 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:57 am
The economy boomed during Clinton's presidency.
All that spending on dry cleaning dresses by young interns... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:30 pm

https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:33 pm

I had the same reaction to her bringing race into Pelosi's criticisms.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:46 pm

Did she really play the race card at Pelosi? FFS, Pelosi is a lot of things, but she ain't racist... :fp:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:46 pm

Seabass wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:46 pm
Did she really play the race card at Pelosi? FFS, Pelosi is a lot of things, but she ain't racist... :fp:
She is the smartest the dems have to offer. It's why Trump will win 2020, unless he deliberately sabotages himself. (such as being discovered as an Epstein 'frequent flyer')
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Post by Woodbutcher » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:50 pm

Cunt wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:46 pm
Seabass wrote:
She is the smartest the dems have to offer. It's why Trump will win 2020, unless he deliberately sabotages himself. (such as being discovered as an Epstein 'frequent flyer')
Trump supporters see nothing wrong with a famous man diddling any female as long as she has two legs and lipstick.
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:53 pm

Woodbutcher wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:50 pm
Cunt wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:46 pm
Seabass wrote:
Trump supporters see nothing wrong with a famous man diddling any female as long as they have two legs and lipstick.
How about them Trump supporters? You mean the ones who wished SO HARD that Trump had been connected to Epstein, then ignored the fact that he claimed (in court) to have started the Clinton Foundation with his good buddy Bill?

Yeah...Trump is the LEAST sullied by this particular sex crime. He DID claim that whores would let you grab them by the pussy, but I suppose flying on the 'Lolita Express' to a shifty billionaire's island for parties isn't nearly as bad. Even if MANY young women claim to have been raped there.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.