The Thread of Democrats

Joe

Re: Democrats move on

Post by Joe » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:58 am

Until he spawns another sock perhaps. :hehe:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:16 am

Maybe he's already back. :nervous:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:28 am

Well, he's lurking if he is. I haven't seen any posts with sufficient length and byzantine rationalization to be epistles worthy of his authorship.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:38 am

Merged.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:23 am

Joe wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:28 am
byzantine rationalization
:lol:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:54 pm

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:44 pm

I like the way he can barely contain his excitement when he realises what question is coming next.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:53 pm

It's infuriating. 50/50 Harris decides may have always been a pipedream for most issues anyway. But to come out and assure the Republicans you've got their back, after the last four years, after all the Republican victories...

:lay:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:55 pm

I imagine he has a considerable majority?

Frank Zappa

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:10 pm

He's the single Democrat in his state's congressional delegation, the governor is Republican, with big GOP majorities in both chambers of the state legislature, and the state hasn't gone for a Democrat for President since 1996.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:14 pm

He needs to be ANTIFA'd

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:15 pm

:lol:

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:24 pm

:hehe:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:09 am

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:19 pm

Appeasement of fascists doesn't work. I have serious doubts that appeasement of wannabe fascists is any more effective. Noting that while the author advocates a particular unflinching course for Biden and the Democratic Party, he doesn't express any confidence that it might actually be taken.

I don't think anybody expects the Democratic Party to show some backbone. I agree with the basic premise of the article linked below though. The Trumpists are going to be baying and yalping and obstructing throughout the Biden presidency. So he and the Democrats should just go ahead and try to get things accomplished using the available means, including liberal use of executive orders.

Biden talks about 'working together' but people like Jim Jordan are never going to do that, and the rest of the Republicans in Washington are rightfully frightened of breaking lockstep with the NO COMPROMISE/GOTT MIT UNS Trumpist agenda.

'Enough cowardice: Democrats must forge ahead, without caring what the Trumpers say'
The dispiriting enormity of Trump's following (73.8 million in this election) means the rest of the GOP can't win without the Trumpers. So Republicans routinely clam up whenever Trump crosses another Rubicon — thousands and thousands of Rubicons at this point. By clamming up, they empower Trump to curb-stomp more and more of our democratic values, while they quiver in the corner afraid of Trump deploying his Red Hats against them in another late-night tweetstorm. They're locked in a MAGA-induced torpor, unable to act even if they wanted to. After four years of irreparable damage to the country, they're impotent and powerless to stop this weirdo tyrant as he annihilates the integrity of our elections — tweet by tweet, and frivolous lawsuit after hilariously frivolous lawsuit.

While it's pathetic, infuriating and completely unpatriotic, I at least understand why they're doing it. What I don't understand is why the Normals are afraid of Trump's Red Hats, too.

The tragic reality of the Biden years will be this: The Red Hats are going to scream about literally everything anyway. They already are. History has taught us that appeasement only makes the aggressor more aggressive, and trying to unilaterally play nice will only end in unilateral pantsing. In their deluded, brainwashed minds, Biden stole the election from Trump, while professional stooges like Charlie Kirk and Breitbart are already hyping up their fanboys about inevitable "persecutions" that will follow. Ivanka Trump, meanwhile, has expressed outrage over the New York attorney general's comprehensive investigation into Trump's alleged financial crimes. Fox News and the other pro-Trump propaganda outlets will link Biden to all of it, whether Biden wants to be linked or not.

If they don't have actual Biden scandals to latch onto, they'll make 'em up. And since they'll indiscriminately lose their shpadoinkle anyway, why not uphold the rule of law and proceed forward with accountability — whether in the form of bipartisan commissions, congressional reports or actual grand jury indictments? In other words, rather than refusing to investigate anyone and being accused of investigating everyone, why not damn the torpedoes and proceed, full steam ahead? Again, stop fearing what they'll say and just do the damn thing.

Since 2015, Trump supporters have shown us who they really are. We've learned that they'll go along with whatever the world's most notorious con man says, no matter how ignorant, no matter how destructive, no matter how contradictory. They will continue to gratuitously worsen the spread of the pandemic, and they will absolutely continue to repeat counterfactual gibberish fed to them by the conservative entertainment complex, including dozens of made-up reasons to impeach Biden. They'll never see the light. They'll never accept an olive branch. They're gone.