The Thread of Democrats

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Cunt » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:24 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:19 pm
If I thought it mattered what a politician looked like you might have a point. :tea:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:37 pm
Were you going for sexism, racism, or a bit of both?
You should argue with this guy, who used this politicians looks to presume a couple ugly theories...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:47 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:45 am
Cunt wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:54 pm
I'm hearing a lot of references to this 'Thomas Sowell'. Anyone know his work?
He's a pretty well regarded free-market economist.
People who advocate free market are not real economists.
It's been shown that unregulated markets have no inbuilt invisible hand and only lead to monopolies and other abuses.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:23 pm

This 'unregulated market' you speak of...

I propose that earth is an unregulated market, with some governments attempting some control over some regions.

And it looks messy as heck to untangle from there. Probably I haven't even hit the highest spots.

Getting back to Democrats...
Democrat woman probably made this meme...
(spoilered because none of you need to see THAT)
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:40 am

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:28 am

Drugs are bad because they are illegal.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:28 am

That's why they call them drugs.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:01 am

Really??
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:59 am

In my view calling drugs 'drugs' is a major part of the problem because it's not just a descriptive term but a conceptual one which carries an awful lot of unhelpful moral baggage.

When we're talking about people 'taking drugs' (in a non-pharmacological, non-medical context) we're invariably talking about that group of intoxicants and stimulants that are illegal. The illegal status of 'drugs' automatically classifies anyone involved in their procurement, sale, or use as engaging in criminal activity. Therefore discussing the legalisation or decriminalisation of 'drugs' involves politicians and other social advocates in making a case for essentially allowing potential criminal law-breakers to contravene those social norms we call laws. For the conservative-minded, to legalise/decriminalise 'drugs' is to be 'soft on crime' and to act against certain sets of norms around things like 'family values' and social order imperatives to be 'tough on crime' etc. For those who assert, affirm or otherwise endorse the view that laws represent something akin to absolute moral standards, to talk about legalising 'drugs' is to talk abut socially sanctioning immorality and criminality. Thus we hear things being said like those highlighted in Sean's video: "We have an opiod crisis and are overwhelmed by organised crime focused around the drugs trade, so at this time legalising cannabis would send all the wrong signals - particularly to our young people." etc.

The absolutely massive elephant in the room here though is, of course, alcohol - and to a lesser extent gambling, but let's stick to alcohol for the moment. Nobody disputes that alcohol is a highly addictive substance with profound physiological, neurological and psychological effects, even when imbibed in moderation. Indeed, isn't that exactly why we drink it - for its effects? :drunk:

By any measure alcohol is a 'drug' in exactly the same sense as those prohibited in law, and in terms of it's individual and social harms is a more significant problem that heroin, crack cocaine, or grey- and black-market opiods combined. Yet alcohol is so widely available as to be ubiquitous and embedded in the culture, and although there are various rules around it's purchasing and use (age restrictions, driving laws, etc) it is marketed at, sold to, and consumed by adults pretty much without question - including by young adults whose livers and brains don't fully develop until their mid-20s.

Conceptually, we don't consider alcohol to be a 'drug' not only because it isn't prohibited in law but also because we don't call it a 'drug' - 'drugs' are a separate or distinct class of intoxicating chemical compounds, the illegal ones, and as such they are bound to very specific moral and legal ideas which simply don't apply to beer, wine, and spirits.

What I'm not saying here is that society has some obligation to avoid hypocrisy; that people should be allowed to 'do drugs' because they're allowed to 'do alcohol' - although that argument can certainly be made. My point is that when it comes to talking about 'drugs' and 'drugs policy' it is much more informative, productive, practical to talk about the entire range of intoxicating chemical compounds which are taken for their psychoactive and physiological effects, and to address and assess our social attitudes and responses towards that group of compounds based on their relative harms while acknowledging their relative pleasures as well.

Frank Zappa

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:06 pm

--excellent post Peacock :cheers:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:49 pm

Thanks. I still didn't manage to convince the magistrate though. :tea:

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:58 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:49 pm
Thanks. I still didn't manage to convince the magistrate though. :tea:
The problem is that the reason is there (well described in your post, by the way) but no-one gives a fuck about reason.

And no-one is going to give a fuck about 'drug users', unless they comply with the corporate drug dealers. (I like 'melita', 'smirnoff' and 'crazy cannabis' myself, as corporate drug dealers)
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:03 pm

I'm having a beer. I had another earlier in the week.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:06 pm

Steady on there Tero. No need to go mad on the stuff. :D

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:13 pm

getting back to Democrats...

(spoilered so you don't feel too old)
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:20 am

Democrats bad! They smoke pot while aborting and marching in the streets! They are still hippies!

April 28, 2021
The Democratic Party is Now America’s Extremist Party
By J. Robert Smith
Last year, though draconian shutdowns -- particularly harsh in blue states; ask Michiganders -- with accompanying trampling of constitutional rights. Imposition of masks to exact subservience. The destruction of small businesses and jobs. Restrictions on church attendance, while strip clubs, abortion mills, and pot emporiums thrived. Much of this permitted to undermine the Trump presidency and scuttle Trump’s chances at reelection. And the clear election fixes in key battleground states to ensure that Trump lost.

Passivity toward or encouragement of violence and riots in blue cities in the aftermath of George Floyd’s death. Licenses granted to expressly militant, anti-American groups, BLM and Antifa, in Democrat jurisdictions to incite violence and cause mayhem. Calls to defund or even abolish police. The general collapse of law and order in blue cities, Portland being an ongoing example.

Through the intensifying, caustic narrative that the United States suffers from “systemic racism.” Through the emerging calls for remedies, namely, reverse racism and reparations -- retributions all -- for the unpardonable sin of being born white – at least, nonaffluent, nonprogressive white. 800,000 casualties in a hot civil war to end Democrat-backed slavery and a civil rights movement to end Democrat-imposed apartheid (Jim Crow), of no account.

All lives no longer matter to Democrats, who have found a new expression for virulent racism, which is their legacy.

Unfettered abortion (unmitigated infanticide) is increasingly matter-of-factly championed. And the oddball notion that one’s sex is malleable and chosen is being forced on Americans who know better. Males can claim to be females and access gym showers, restrooms, and compete with -- and often beat -- female athletes in contests.

Tobacco is bad, but pot and illicit drugs are recreational.
https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... party.html
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...