Forty Two wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:30 pm
Hermit wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:19 am
Cunt wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:09 am
Hermit wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:04 pm
Looks to me like leaving the administration of election results in the hands of partisans, be they Democrats or Republicans, is not a particularly bright idea. Another reason, though a very minor one, why I am not surprised that the US is so fucked up.
How can we identify anyone as 'not partisan'?
I don't know exactly how we manage to do exactly that in Australia, but that is exactly what we do via the Australian Electoral Commission, which is the independent, non-partisan organisation that ensures seat boundaries are not gerrymandered and voter suppression does not happen. It uses statisticians to determine seat boundaries and locations of polling booths. Being a federal institution, rules concerning voter registration is uniform throughout the country and from state to state. Oopsies do occur, like when 1,400 ballots were lost during the recount for the 2013 Western Australia Senate election that necessitated the subsequent 2014 special election, but they are exceedingly rare.
I think something of this nature should be used. How are the members of the commission chosen in Oz?
The Australian Electoral Commission employs over 2000 staff on a full-time basis. During federal elections its workforce swells to more than 80,000. Not as many during state elections of course. I don't know how the employees are chosen, but my guess is that the process is open to scrutiny, as are the changes they propose, by all political parties and probably the public as well, none of whom will let the other sides get away with sneaking partisan decisions in.
Forty Two wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:30 pm
One big problem the US has is a deficiency in the number of representatives in the House of Representatives. In 1929, the number of representatives was capped at 435. It used to be that as population increased, so would the number of representatives. So, now, with almost 3 times the population we had in 1929, we have the same number of representatives, which means that each representative is representing larger and larger districts. I would think that if there were 1305 representatives in the House, each representative's responsiveness to the people of his or her district would be better. And, there would be more districts to dole out. That way, there would have to be a lot more gerrymandering occurring before it made any real difference on control of the house, and gerrymandering districts at that level would just cause other districts to be created that are heavily weighted to the other party.
Yes, in my view one representative cannot properly act on behalf of three quarter million people. He/she will just have to act on behalf of some of them - say, everyone with assets in excess of $10 million. ;) That should make the workload manageable.

I wonder if the people who decided to cap the number of seats even considered the effects of population growth on the tasks of each representative and with that, on governability.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Forty Two » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:16 pm

Tero wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:09 pm
With our?

My senators run away from me. They only talk to people at $$$ per plate fundraising dinners. We have not had a Democrat senator in the 2000s.
Well, there are only 2 senators per state - they represent the States, not the people. The people's interest is via representatives in the House. So, that's the guy you need to talk to, but there should be many more of them. Representing 700,000 constituents is, in my view, too much. We should have many many more. Reduce the salaries to $50k per year, and triple the number. Let's get the minimum wage employees to run for Congress!
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:20 pm

More suspicious voting shenanigans from Broward County came to light last night. Independent journalist Laura Loomer, acting on a tip, learned that an employee of Avis Car Rentals at Fort Lauderdale Airport discovered two boxes apparently belonging to Benda Snipes’s office in the trunk of a rental car that had been returned Sunday night. The driver who returned the car works for Snipes’s organization.

Compounding the suspicious situation, shortly afterward, Fort Lauderdale Airport was closed down for a couple hours by Broward County Sheriff Steve Israel, after an alleged bomb threat was phoned in, preventing journalists and GOP representatives from access to the handling of the “votes.”

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... z5WgKe0r5d
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:03 am

*sensible chuckle*
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:46 am

Forty Two wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:20 pm
Independent journalist Laura Loomer
:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Another conspiracy nutcase! This broad is a major kook even by your standards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Loomer
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Laura_Loomer

Thinks George Soros is a Nazi.
Worked for Project Veritas.
Extreme hatred of Muslims.
Frequent peddler of conspiracy theories about mass shootings being fake. Vegas shooting done by ISIS.
Worked for far-right Rebel Media also known as the "Canadian Breitbart".
Booted from university for wacky Project Veritas stunt.
Booted out of a congressional hearing for wacky "free speech" protest.
Booted out of a play for another dumb protest.
Refuses to use Uber if driver is swarthy.
Peddled conspiracy theory that MAGA-bomber was false flag.
Peddled conspiracy theory that right-wing bomb maker was actually Antifa.
Threatened to commit suicide when Twitter took away her blue checkmark.

Forty Two wrote:
https://www.americanthinker.com
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/American_Thinker
American Thinker (affectionately nicknamed "American Stinker" by its fans) is an online wingnut publication that's more or less the poor man's WND or Newsmax. They've published articles by such conservative luminaries as Noel Sheppard (NewsBusters) and Pamela Geller and such climate "experts" as S. Fred Singer and Christopher Monckton, as well as an interview with (and hagiography of) white nationalist Jared Taylor.[2]

The magazine, of course, is chock-full of right-wing conspiracy theories, woo, and pseudoscience. On the conspiracy side, they promote birtherism, "creeping sharia," red-baiting, and still occasionally prattle on about Vince Foster. On the science side, they concentrate on creationism and global warming denialism.

Bonus video:

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:22 am

:hilarious:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:03 pm

Seabass wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:46 am
Forty Two wrote:
Independent journalist Laura Loomer
:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Another conspiracy nutcase! This broad is a major kook even by your standards.

Election Commissioner Snipes confirmed it -- https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/11/12 ... raw-693047
Counting unlawful votes. Destroying ballots. Sunshine Law violations. Busted deadlines.

So many controversies have bedeviled Broward County Elections Supervisor Brenda Snipes — culminating in her office’s troubles in the aftermath of Florida’s chaotic 2018 elections — that her days in office are now numbered, insiders and lawmakers say.

She’s losing support from fellow Democrats and faces the increasing likelihood of an embarrassing suspension from office at the hands of either Gov. Rick Scott or his likely successor, Ron DeSantis
https://www.politico.com/states/florida ... tis-691675

No evidence of fraud, though. Just unlawful counting, ballot destruction, sunshine law violations, busted deadlines.... yet CNN continues to preface every story about this with "Republicans assert without evidence...." -- lol. They circle the wagons. Just imagine, if you will, a Republican election official doing what Snipes is doing. How would CNN and the mainstream media report this? Can we at least be honest that it would be quite different?

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:08 pm

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Either she's a corrupt, lying, cheating, party hack, or the single most incompetent elected official in the entire state (that would be saying something, this is Florida, after all). Maybe both, for that matter. But they keep electing her.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:11 pm

laklak wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:58 pm
Either she's a corrupt, lying, cheating, party hack, or the single most incompetent elected official in the entire state (that would be saying something, this is Florida, after all). Maybe both, for that matter. But they keep electing her.
You say that without evidence, laklak. :{D

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:16 pm

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:46 pm

Sad president tries to prove a point, fails. Retreats to residence with his well thumbed collection of 1972 Penthouse. Only one issue has sticky pages.
http://karireport.blogspot.com/2018/11/ ... times.html
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:52 pm

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:01 pm

2020 election. Last Republican president of the century ends presidency in disgrace.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...