We need to talk about Donald – the Nightmare continues

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Re: We need to talk about Donald – the Nightmare continues

Post by tattuchu » Wed May 24, 2017 2:20 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Wed May 24, 2017 2:51 pm

pErvin wrote:. Image
What did he do? Take up smoking?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed May 24, 2017 3:38 pm

:coffeespray:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed May 24, 2017 9:07 pm

Trump tried a little locker room talk, but Il Papa was not impressed...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed May 24, 2017 9:38 pm

When you're the Pope you can do anything.... anything you want... you can grab 'em by the cassock.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu May 25, 2017 8:41 am

I disagree with the Pope on almost everything; but I thought it was funny when, exchanging gifts -
Francis also gave the President some homework, or summer reading, if you will: Copies of his three major writings as Pope.
The first, an apostolic exhortation called "The Joy of the Gospel," may take Trump by surprise. The 50,000-word work, in addition to exhorting the Catholic Church to wake from a spiritual slumber, launches a fierce attack on modern capitalism, blasting the "idolatry of money" and calling trickle-down economics "crude and naive."
"The culture of prosperity deadens us," Francis writes in a signature passage. "We are thrilled if the market offers us something new to purchase; and in the meantime all those lives stunted for lack of opportunity seem a mere spectacle; they fail to move us."
So, not exactly "The Art of the Deal."
The Pope's second written gift to Trump is no easy read, either. In "Laudato Si," Francis calls for a revolution to halt climate change (which the President has called a Chinese hoax) before the Earth devolves into an "immense pile of filth."
"What kind of world do we want to leave to those who come after us, to children who are now growing up?" Francis asks.
Obviously I think the very first paragraph on that article is bullshit. http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/24/polit ... -homework/
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu May 25, 2017 8:42 am

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu May 25, 2017 8:57 am

Ouch!

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu May 25, 2017 9:01 am

Animavore wrote:I disagree with the Pope on almost everything; but I thought it was funny when, exchanging gifts -
Francis also gave the President some homework, or summer reading, if you will: Copies of his three major writings as Pope.
The first, an apostolic exhortation called "The Joy of the Gospel," may take Trump by surprise. The 50,000-word work, in addition to exhorting the Catholic Church to wake from a spiritual slumber, launches a fierce attack on modern capitalism, blasting the "idolatry of money" and calling trickle-down economics "crude and naive."
"The culture of prosperity deadens us," Francis writes in a signature passage. "We are thrilled if the market offers us something new to purchase; and in the meantime all those lives stunted for lack of opportunity seem a mere spectacle; they fail to move us."
So, not exactly "The Art of the Deal."
The Pope's second written gift to Trump is no easy read, either. In "Laudato Si," Francis calls for a revolution to halt climate change (which the President has called a Chinese hoax) before the Earth devolves into an "immense pile of filth."
"What kind of world do we want to leave to those who come after us, to children who are now growing up?" Francis asks.
Obviously I think the very first paragraph on that article is bullshit. http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/24/polit ... -homework/
Giving 45 any reading material longer than a tweet is a total waste.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Alan B

Post by Alan B » Thu May 25, 2017 9:02 am

Animavore wrote:I disagree with the Pope on almost everything; but I thought it was funny when, exchanging gifts -
Then perhaps the Pope should set an example by making birth control methods free and mandatory to help reduce the worlds population increase...

Bit of 'Double Standards' there, methinks.
Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power - Eric Hoffer.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer proof nor do I have to determine absence of proof because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu May 25, 2017 9:05 am

But think of all those unlucky sperm!
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu May 25, 2017 9:44 am

And the souls!
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu May 25, 2017 10:02 am

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu May 25, 2017 11:41 am

The Congressional Budgetary Office, with it's Republican appointed head, has re-evaluated the latests version of Trumpcare and, somewhat surprisingly, come up with some rather positive numbers. Instead of removing 24 million people from state-supported healthcare by 2024 the new plan will only remove 23 million by 2026. Congress Republicans are still saying the CBO is wrong though - they're a tough crowd.

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/52752
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 25, 2017 11:43 am

Not being on healthcare is just a mindset.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.