We need to talk about Donald – the Nightmare continues

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: We need to talk about Donald – the Nightmare continues

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:50 am

Well drones and sensors would help them. But automated harvesting and processing equipment certainly won't. I'm really not sure why politicians can't face the reality of work now and increasingly into the future. Automation is going to decimate human employment. What are these fucks doing about it? Nothing.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:40 am

In BC we're going to try a pilot program for 'basic income' - a guaranteed, no strings attached, government stipend everyone over age 18 would be entitled to receive. Anything earned over a certain amount is deducted from the stipend until you eventually receive nothing except what you earn personally. In the suggested scheme I believe anyone earning over $34,000 would receive nothing. Sounds like communism, but it's made possible by automation.

The future isn't quite so bleak as some alarmists would have it. Robot slavery will liberate us all from the mindless toil that has consumed the mass of human endeavor. We will live like the Greeks of old - minus the paedophilia. :tea:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:44 am

Yes, UBI is the answer. But the future is bleak if politicians and conservatives won't face this reality. Not only will poverty, homelessness and suicides increase. Capitalism itself will collapse as the spending base is removed from the system.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:11 am

Iowa

Trump attacks wind power in state that gets nearly third of energy from wind

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:50 am

trump powers a state with his promises?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:32 am

Śiva wrote:In BC we're going to try a pilot program for 'basic income' - a guaranteed, no strings attached, government stipend everyone over age 18 would be entitled to receive. Anything earned over a certain amount is deducted from the stipend until you eventually receive nothing except what you earn personally. In the suggested scheme I believe anyone earning over $34,000 would receive nothing. Sounds like communism, but it's made possible by automation.

The future isn't quite so bleak as some alarmists would have it. Robot slavery will liberate us all from the mindless toil that has consumed the mass of human endeavor. We will live like the Greeks of old - minus the paedophilia. :tea:
The wrong approach. It will not help employment. You give a Basic National Wage to everyone. Enough to live on but not in luxury. Every job put on the market is a contract. The contract can then be divided by any number of people. If it is a professional contract then of course all those on the contract must have sufficient qualifications. The contract can be for a fixed time. Permanent contracts wont exist which is why the system you described will not work. I think agencies will be the way to go. With agencies at all levels. This way the limited work available will be shared. It requires a mental shift. The idea of having a job will disappear. With this system you actually generate work. Think of all the free time people will have.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:46 am

His system will work fine. There is nothing mandating that employment is necessary. It's just not a fully universal income. I think that's fine, as long as the calculation was done post hoc at tax time, but it would be better for social harmony if it was fully universal with no strings attached.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:57 am

Yo mods, there's already a ubi thread. Wanna move this stuff there?

http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 7#p1654227

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:02 am

Moved.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:00 pm

Poor people make...er...poor decisions, therefore Millionaires! Tax the...foreigners!
“We can’t have the world taking advantage of us anymore. And I love all people, rich or poor, but in those particular positions I just don’t want a poor person. Does that make sense? Does that make sense?
Trump, during his rally, cast off such criticism, saying the appointment of such people as Gary Cohn, a former president of Goldman Sachs, would help the country better represent itself on the international stage. He noted many in his Cabinet “had to give up a lot to take these jobs.”

“This is the president of Goldman Sachs. Smart. Having him represent us, he went from massive paydays to peanuts, to little tiny ...” Trump said. “I’m waiting for them to accuse him of wanting that little amount of money.”
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-d ... news_index
Last edited by Tero on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:09 pm

The rest of the world would like an American president to be just that and not an orange scrotum.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:56 pm

Reasons to love Trump if you voted for him. He's just getting started!
http://johnpavlovitz.com/2017/06/16/tru ... rter-love/

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:53 pm

Tero wrote:Poor people make...er...poor decisions, therefore Millionaires! Tax the...foreigners!
“We can’t have the world taking advantage of us anymore. And I love all people, rich or poor, but in those particular positions I just don’t want a poor person. Does that make sense? Does that make sense?
Trump, during his rally, cast off such criticism, saying the appointment of such people as Gary Cohn, a former president of Goldman Sachs, would help the country better represent itself on the international stage. He noted many in his Cabinet “had to give up a lot to take these jobs.”

“This is the president of Goldman Sachs. Smart. Having him represent us, he went from massive paydays to peanuts, to little tiny ...” Trump said. “I’m waiting for them to accuse him of wanting that little amount of money.”
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-d ... news_index
Short version: Being wealthy equals being intelligent, therefore the wealthiest person on the planet at the moment should be the cleverest person of all time.

I'd like to see some studies on this - we might be being governed by poor dullards!
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:55 pm

Our Pm is a millionaire by a long way, so we're ok.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:20 pm

Amateur president failed to hire competent staff
Because he failed to put a senior team in place that he trusted, he has squandered nearly every opportunity to become the “people’s president” that he promised during the 2016 campaign. Trump should have proposed a jobs bill and a plan to put money in people’s pockets through either personal tax cuts or new revenue sources on the first day of his presidency. Instead, his staff has allowed him to drift into one briar patch after another.

For instance, Trump promised to find a cheaper, better healthcare system that covered everyone. Instead, he has allowed others to offer up a monstrosity in his name that strips healthcare from 2o-something million people. He promised new jobs. Instead, he walked away from an historic global climate agreement that had perfectly positioned America to lead a $10 trillion renewable energy revolution generating hundreds of thousands of good, new jobs in states that voted for him.

There are other examples like these. But they all point to the same root cause which can’t be papered over with meaningless messaging schemes or talking points (neither of which are an actual communications plan). Trump is failing as a president because he has no one around him that he trusts to give him non-sycophantic advice, and who will deliver for him on bread-and-butter issues that matter to people outside of Washington, DC.

I’ve been through precisely this drill twice — first as Dan Quayle’s Senate press secretary when he was selected to run as George H.W. Bush’s vice presidential running mate and a second time as his communications director in the White House when Bush’s White House team tried to drop him from the re-election ticket. In both instances, Quayle was forced to course-correct and bring in new senior staff that he trusted implicitly to offer real advice, and who would be loyal and responsive.
Trump has one more roll of the dice — one more chance to re-boot his presidency to take on the sorts of issues (like a jobs and infrastructure bill and tax cuts or dividend payments for tens of millions of middle-class Americans) that he said he would try to take on if he won. If he falls into one more briar patch, the House of Representatives could flip in 2018, and he will be a one-term president.
http://time.com/4825917/trump-hire-new-staff/
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...