The thread of Campus Crazy Hijinks

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Re: The thread of Campus Crazy Hijinks

Post by laklak » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:11 am

Fuck, I was an incel for my entire teenaged life. I feel so much better now that it has a name.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:24 am

Hermit wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:Exactly. A white nationalist drove his car through a crowd of people in Charlottesville. That's not 20 asshats burning a cross in a field somewhere.

Edit: and whadda ya know, the Toronto van murderer was likely an alt-right tool.
He was not. Try "Eliott Rodger incel" type.
There's a lot of overlap between the incels and alt-right. It's correct to say we don't know whether he was alt-right at this stage.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:40 am

The marxist in me is delighted by those graphs, Seabass. A much smaller % of leftwing atrocities are foiled by the authorities cos we're smarter! :yes:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:05 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Hermit wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:Exactly. A white nationalist drove his car through a crowd of people in Charlottesville. That's not 20 asshats burning a cross in a field somewhere.

Edit: and whadda ya know, the Toronto van murderer was likely an alt-right tool.
He was not. Try "Eliott Rodger incel" type.
There's a lot of overlap between the incels and alt-right. It's correct to say we don't know whether he was alt-right at this stage.
There most likely is, but it cuts both ways. How many of this forum's incels belong to the alt-right?

Not that it matters. Rodgers went on his deadly rampage because he was an incel and hated women, and judging by what we know about Minassian, so did he.

I thought I had linked to this article earlier today, but apparently only at ratskep.
Minassian's Facebook post, which the social network has confirmed as real, praised Elliott Rodger, a 22 year old from California who killed six people in a shooting rampage through Isla Vista, California in 2014 before turning the gun on himself.

It read: "The Incel Rebellion has already begun! We will overthrow all the Chads and Stacys! All hail the Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger!"

Toronto Police Detective Sergeant Graham Gibson said at a press conference on Tuesday that the 10 dead and 14 wounded were "predominantly" women.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:28 pm

JimC wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:03 pm
Your post has the unfortunate effect of downgrading the threat from the KKK, whose actions are indeed a real threat to people of colour. The silly over-reactions of a few campus idiots is unimportant; the KKK are not.
Indeed they are, and they are absolutely a concern. The Southern Poverty Law Center said its count of Klan groups fell from 130 in 2016 to 72 in 2017. There are only about 3,000, max, Klan members nationwide - so, that's like 40 members per group. They are not one organization - the Klan is a loose group of about 72 local groups of nutters. That doesn't mean they're unimportant, but they are nothing compared to Antifa (alone) in numbers.

Only, the issue on college campuses is not "unimportant." Both are important. The college issue very important, because they are basically a training ground for left wing activists. Those factions' positions on individual freedom are having an effect throughout society. However, nobody other than KKK types take the views of the KKK seriously. All this nonsense about white privilege, patriarchy, and everything and anything being steeped in "whiteness" is taking root -- there are courses of study on just about every college campus now about "combatting whiteness." Why do you think that Starbucks closed 8000 stores to train its employees? Because they did something wrong? Or, they have to do damage control because they were getting the social justice warrior crowd and their media allies on their throats? The poison is spreading.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:54 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:28 pm
JimC wrote:
Your post has the unfortunate effect of downgrading the threat from the KKK, whose actions are indeed a real threat to people of colour. The silly over-reactions of a few campus idiots is unimportant; the KKK are not.
Indeed they are, and they are absolutely a concern. The Southern Poverty Law Center said its count of Klan groups fell from 130 in 2016 to 72 in 2017. There are only about 3,000, max, Klan members nationwide - so, that's like 40 members per group. They are not one organization - the Klan is a loose group of about 72 local groups of nutters. That doesn't mean they're unimportant, but they are nothing compared to Antifa (alone) in numbers.
ffs, Antifa isn't trying to commit genocide or racial segregation. :roll:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:00 pm

No, they're just trying to end free speech, violate people's civil rights, end the free market system, end private property, burn down private businesses, set fire to public and private property, and beat the shit out of people they politically oppose.
Berkeley Mayor Jesse Arreguin has called for authorities to tackle left-wing violence by classifying members of antifa, the loosely organized group of “anti-fascists” who believe that violence is acceptable in countering right-wing extremism, as a gang.

A largely peaceful demonstration in Berkeley’s Martin Luther King Civic Center Park was disrupted Sunday by black-clad antifa counterprotesters, who jumped over police barriers and chased Trump supporters, according to multiple news reports.
http://www.newsweek.com/berkeley-mayor- ... day-656286

Citizens had to call off a "No Marxism in America" rally in Berkeley, because of the antifa threat requiring onerous police measures to be introduced.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:02 pm

FIREZ!!!

:hairfire:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:03 pm

Antifa isn't trying to do any of that. The clue is in the name.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:14 pm

well, the name does not say that their tactics are generally akin to ultraviolence...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:19 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:54 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:28 pm
JimC wrote:
ffs, Antifa isn't trying to commit genocide or racial segregation. :roll:
And, indeed their not, and the folks who are interested in harming anyone of another race are, as I said, a concern. But, there is almost nobody who will support those types of people. They are outliers in the extreme - if they rear their head, they are ridiculed almost universally, the media is against them, every politician is against them, law enforcement will nail them, etc.

Compare that to Antifa, who have allies at university administrations, in the media who cover for them and soft-pedal the reporting on them, and in the public - like you - who think that because their communists and claim to be against fascism that they have their hearts in the right place.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:33 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:19 pm
Compare that to Antifa, who have allies ... in the media who cover for them and soft-pedal the reporting on them,
I've asked you to back this up before. And you didn't.
and in the public - like you - who think that because their communists and claim to be against fascism that they have their hearts in the right place.
They're not communists. They're largely anarchists. I support what is (or at least was) their core ideals. If the movement has indeed been hijacked by Blac Block, then that is a problem. But I still support action against fascism and proto-fascism.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:42 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:03 pm
Whatever you think they are "trying" to do, what they actually are doing is fighting against free speech (shutting down peaceful demonstrations by jumping police barries and assaulting and battering demonstrators is fighting against free speech). They are infringing on the civil rights of others by showing up in masks with weapons and attacking peaceful demonstrators and ralliers, and overturning cars, damaging private businesses and setting fire to private and public property. They are generally communists, which is why the hammer and sickle are common symbols at their assaults, together with pictures of Marx and Che Guevara, etc.

Communism is inherently a violation of civil and human rights, as it contemplates a lack of property rights, a lack of liberty, a lack of freedom of speech/dissent, and a subjugation of the rights of the individual to the collective.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:51 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:42 pm
pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:03 pm
Whatever you think they are "trying" to do, what they actually are doing is fighting against free speech (shutting down peaceful demonstrations by jumping police barries and assaulting and battering demonstrators is fighting against free speech). They are infringing on the civil rights of others by showing up in masks with weapons and attacking peaceful demonstrators and ralliers, and overturning cars, damaging private businesses and setting fire to private and public property. They are generally communists, which is why the hammer and sickle are common symbols at their assaults, together with pictures of Marx and Che Guevara, etc.

Ok, but you said they were trying to "end free speech, violate people's civil rights, end the free market system, end private property.."

They aren't trying to end any of that. They are trying to end fascism and any movements that smell a bit fascist.

And this communist thing. This was addressed previously by either Seabass or L'Emmy. Those photos weren't from an Antifa rally. I can only assume that you ignored that inconvenient reply too. :bored: Antifa have a well known symbol. I don't see it anywhere in those photos.
Communism is inherently a violation of civil and human rights, as it contemplates a lack of property rights, a lack of liberty, a lack of freedom of speech/dissent, and a subjugation of the rights of the individual to the collective.
It may or may not be that, but it's fairly irrelevant as most Antifa are anarchists.
You love your fires. That was from France. In France they set fire to cars when the bakery runs out of croissants. A car gets burnt in France every third day...

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:06 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:33 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:19 pm
Compare that to Antifa, who have allies ... in the media who cover for them and soft-pedal the reporting on them,
I've asked you to back this up before. And you didn't.
Of course I did. You just have to watch CNN and MSNBC --- Don Lemon and the gang just say that Antifa are peaceful protestors. You can look, again, at the video I just posted above about the undercover footage obtained about Antifa members handing out weapons and planning to purposefully attack peaceful protesters and those wanting to attend a Ben Shapiro talk. There are clips from the media in that video, and there is footage of media organizations refusing to report on the footage, even though it was good enough to get antifa members arrested.

Fuck off with this "you didn't back it up." I've backed this up many times, and it's obvious if you watch the news.

The Los Angeles Times: “Protests in Berkeley turn violent as counter-protesters, pro-Trump forces clash.”http://www.latimes.com/local/california ... story.html?= Really? There was no clashing, unless you consider a father and son Trump supporters running for their lives a “clash.” Antifa didn’t “turn” violent, they came ready to inflict harm. They planned it. That's their purpose.

CNN’s coverage of Antifa has been Orwellian and even seemingly sympathetic. With a headline (eventually scrubbed) that actually noted, “Unmasking the Leftist Antifa Movement: Activists Seek Peace Through Violence,” they then compared Antifa’s rhetoric to Founding Father John Adams.

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:33 pm
and in the public - like you - who think that because their communists and claim to be against fascism that they have their hearts in the right place.
They're not communists. They're largely anarchists. I support what is (or at least was) their core ideals. If the movement has indeed been hijacked by Blac Block, then that is a problem. But I still support action against fascism and proto-fascism.
They're marching with Soviet flags. They're communists - perhaps anarcho-communists. Some probably are anarchists.

What are their core ideals?

I support action against communism and proto-communism. That's a creeping cancer on the West.