Syrian Sarin Attack - Inconsistencies

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Syrian Sarin Attack - Inconsistencies

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:17 pm

Fairly credible and reasonable article suggesting the US conclusion that the Syrian government was responsible for an aerial chemical attack is faulty.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mit-expert-c ... 19428.html
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Syrian Sarin Attack - Inconsistencies

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:42 pm

Why?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:53 am

Why what? Why did the US want to find it was the Syrian government? That's pretty obvious. They have wanted Assad gone the whole time. Or perhaps it was just an excuse for Trump to be the big man and launch a fuckton of missiles at an easy target without causing any civilian casualties.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:19 am

I wouldn't be surprised if it was organised by the CIA. Or Mossad.

You only have to look at who would benefit from it. And it certainly wasn't Assad.

The way that the whole of the British media immediately went with the line that it was Assad tells me that they are controlled. Something I knew already, but each little instance like this reinforces the certainty.

It would be easy to set up. Assad is sending planes and bombing the other side. You just let the stuff off during a raid. That's if there actually ever was a chemical release at all.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

Feck

Post by Feck » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:24 pm

mistermack wrote:
The way that the whole of the British media immediately went with the line that it was Assad tells me that they are controlled. Something I knew already, but each little instance like this reinforces the certainty.
The BBC interviewed the UK's former ambassador to Syria who said that there was no proof that Assad was responsible .
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

mistermack

Post by mistermack » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:05 pm

Feck wrote:
mistermack wrote:
The BBC interviewed the UK's former ambassador to Syria who said that there was no proof that Assad was responsible .
That's the way the BBC works. It will always include some slight semblance of neutrality that they can point to. But for that one interview, there have been dozens or even hundreds of interviews and speeches that treated Assad's responsibility as a matter of undisputed fact.

Basically, they give out the required message, but cover their asses. It's not rocket science but it's enough to fool the majority of punters.

Feck

Post by Feck » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:18 pm

So there is no way you can be wrong then ? like all conspiracy theories :banghead:
I 've noticed that is exactly the same technique the UFO people are using . They claim every explainable sighting was a false flag to cover up the real alien landings.
You say all media promoted one opinion, I point out that at least one major media outlet aired a differing point of view ....... now THAT becomes evidence for your conspiracy ?
Well done, you can never be wrong with logic like that .

Feck

Post by Feck » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:28 pm

List of options :
No gas was used it's all fake ,
One of the anti Assad factions released a chemical weapon just to blame Assad,
A conventional weapon hit a stockpile,
Assad used some of the chemicals we know he had,
Someone, without orders, used some of the weapons Assad claimed they didn't have .
Take your pick ! We have been given no definitive proof of any of them ...

mistermack

Post by mistermack » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:41 am

Feck wrote:So there is no way you can be wrong then ?
Absolutely no way I can be wrong. Because what I said was, " I wouldn't be surprised if "
and that I know to be a fact.

As far as what happened goes, all I've heard in the way of evidence from the US is " we know this " whereas Professor Theodore Postol analysed their evidence and said that it doesn't justify that claim, and looks far more likely that the gas shell shown was not dropped from a plane, but set off with explosive on the ground.

In any case, conspiracy theories can be right, conspiracies do happen, and the US government has a lot of form when it comes to justifying military action with false facts.

And the British media HAVE been treating it as an established fact, en masse.
This MIT prof hasn't been reported on the BBC, and there has been no questioning at all of the truth of the US claim, other than one lunchtime interview with the former ambassador.

It's not balanced, or investigative journalism, and they've succeeded in leaving no doubt in the public's mind, that Assad let off chemical weapons, when he probably didn't.
And that's because they have an agenda, to portray Assad and Putin as monsters.

The truth as far as Syria goes, is that Assad has majority support, the West caused the war with encouragement and hints of help to the rebels, (as well as supplying them with arms) and the people who have benefited most are Israel and by extension the US and Saudi Arabia.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:13 am

Feck wrote:So there is no way you can be wrong then ? like all conspiracy theories :banghead:
I 've noticed that is exactly the same technique the UFO people are using . They claim every explainable sighting was a false flag to cover up the real alien landings.
You say all media promoted one opinion, I point out that at least one major media outlet aired a differing point of view ....... now THAT becomes evidence for your conspiracy ?
Galaxian would be proud of him.. :hehe:

Feck

Post by Feck » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:16 pm

Galaxian
About me: Too old & too far away from the Beloved...

Post by Galaxian » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:14 pm

Feck wrote:So there is no way you can be wrong then ? like all conspiracy theories :banghead:
Feck wrote:List of options :
No gas was used it's all fake ,
One of the anti Assad factions released a chemical weapon just to blame Assad,
A conventional weapon hit a stockpile,
Assad used some of the chemicals we know he had,
Someone, without orders, used some of the weapons Assad claimed they didn't have .
Take your pick ! We have been given no definitive proof of any of them ...
What a crock full of dung! Who are these "conspiracy theorists" that you speak of? Or, "exactly the same technique the UFO people are using". Who are this homogeneous gang, the "UFO people" ?
Are you a "coincidence theorist"? Perhaps a web-bot. Almost certainly a disinformation agent. If none of those, then you need to wake up to the fact that you are, like the rest of us, a bottom feeder. A worthless peasant, allowed here only to masturbate your ego... like the rest of us. Because neither you nor I are a threat to our masters NO MATTER WHAT WE DO OR SAY!
If you have more than a few days of memory, trawl through them and find how many times we, the slime creatures, have been lied to... and later our lords and masters grudgingly let it be know that we have been lied to, because they are immune from prosecution, NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO OR SAY, and they know that 99% of sheeple have forgotten what the issue was, or don't give a damn.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sek64kjedD8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eB046f998U

Why do you think that EVERY year tens of thousands of documents are locked up under some official secrets act for decades? Why, after the 30, 50, 100 years that they are kept hidden, why do we still have to beg for them to be released under some pathetic "Freedom of Information Act", only to be told that it was "lost" or to be presented with this crap:
http://www.openminds.tv/nsa-says-lost-n ... iles/29986
http://www.openminds.tv/wp-content/uplo ... dacted.jpg

And yet, society is as happy as a pig in swill. Thick as shit & half as useful. Not to worry, just 19 year left... :nono:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:32 pm

Galaxian wrote:...
What a crock full of dung! Who are these "conspiracy theorists" that you speak of?...
Oh Galaxian, your ironies are delicious.
:D
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:15 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
What a crock full of dung! Who are these "conspiracy theorists" that you speak of?...
Nobody likes you Brian. Do us all a favour and vanish.
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:40 am

Tyrannical wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Nobody likes you Brian. Do us all a favour and vanish.
Now, that is ironic. :mrgreen:

Also, to test your claim that nobody likes Brian, I'll start a thread on it. :levi:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould