West Wing becomes reality.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: West Wing becomes reality.

Post by Hermit » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:37 am

pErvin wrote:Looks like the meds are working already! :drunk:
Glad to hear it.

I'll be opening one of these ^^^ myself in about an hour or so.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:14 am

I was talking about your meds.. :bored:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:38 pm

Every map i've seen of the moon distorts the size of Cassini crater, and reduces the size of Mare Tranquilitatus, such that people think Cassini crater is so much cooler than Mare Tranquilitatus.....

When I looked at a globe of the moon, I couldn't believe what I was looking at. It was a different Moon!
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:02 am

Are you telling me that Jupiter's spot is bigger than it appears?!? :o :lay:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:20 pm

pErvin wrote:Are you telling me that Jupiter's spot is bigger than it appears?!? :o :lay:
The flat maps of Jupiter privileges the red spot over other spots.

It's all very misogynistic. The spot is a raging storm of giant proportions, symbolizing toxic masculinity. Exaggerating its size is to privilege the toxic masculinity over other, more gentle, more feminine parts of Jupiter. Astronomy is sexist.

It's true. It's true. You think I'm being Poe on this. But, feminists have explained many times already how even the constellations are sexist, with men portrayed as heroes, while women are portrayed as nurturers or monsters. Males can look at the sky and find uplifting role models, while women look at the sky and find only oppression and humiliation.

Even spacecraft with seemingly gender-neutral names are coded male: Voyager and Pioneer evoke the men who heroically left home and hearth on voyages of exploration. The Saturn V rocket. The Atlas rocket. Apollo. Mercury. Gemini (Castor and Pollux).

If there is anything that is sexist, it's astronomy. Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune...and even Pluto...all male. Only Venus (of course the "hottest" planet, a euphemism for male entitlement to "hot" female bodies) and "Mother" Earth (a nod to traditional gender roles of women serving as baby-factories and mothers...) are named for females, and those two exceptions prove the patriarchal rule.

Fuck, in Astronomy there is even a gender-telescope gap, where women are disproportionately under represented in telescope-time (time allocated to use the giant telescopes around the globe.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:23 pm

Rockets are phallic symbols..

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:46 pm

Now you're getting it. It's all patriarchy man. That's what it's all about!

The male patriarchal scientists create penises to penetrate the heavens.

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Post by Woodbutcher » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:26 pm

Forty Two wrote:Now you're getting it. It's all patriarchy man. That's what it's all about!

The male patriarchal scientists create penises to penetrate the heavens.

So the rocket penises keep ejaculating astronauts as sperm into the ISS. One of these days ISS becomes pregnant, and after a proper gestation period gives birth to a...what? :thinks:
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:44 pm

You transphobe!

It gives birth to a life form, and what lifeform ultimately identifies as is up to it to determine.