The US Healthcare Mass Debate

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Trumpcare

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:36 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Tero wrote:Rand Paul found two Medicaid recipients in his state! Must stop Obamacare now!
Medicaid existed before Obamacare. What are you on about?

Obamacare must be stopped because it is an unsustainable, giant, cumbersome waste of fucking money, which does far more harm than good. It hurts people - it hurts hundreds of millions of people, and helps very few. It's a giant "fuck you" to the working class and the middle class.
How's Trump's plan going to address that?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:42 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Tero wrote:Rand Paul found two Medicaid recipients in his state! Must stop Obamacare now!

Obamacare must be stopped because it is an unsustainable, giant, cumbersome waste of fucking money, which does far more harm than good. It hurts people - it hurts hundreds of millions of people, and helps very few. It's a giant "fuck you" to the working class and the middle class.
They are building up Trump-don't-care. One of the main features is to minimize Medicaid. MEDICARE is next.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:39 pm

SENATORS to get some shit together soon
Guardian
Under the House plan, 23 million Americans would lose health insurance over the next decade and some of the nation’s sickest could face significantly higher premiums and out-of-pocket costs, according to an analysis by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office. The Republican plan is widely unpopular with the public, a number of surveys have shown.

The president’s shift in tone suggests a willingness to embrace a healthcare proposal that does not go as far in rewriting the 2010 law.

“Obamacare is broken and it’s been a broken promise,” Trump told reporters at the start of the luncheon.

Trump praised the work of the senators in the room. “I really appreciate what you’re doing,” he said, “to come out with a bill that’s going to be a phenomenal bill to the people of our country: generous, kind – with heart. That’s what I’m saying.”

John Thune, a Republican senator for South Dakota who attended the meeting with Trump, said the president conveyed to the assembled group “that it’s OK that the Senate is going its own direction”.

“He was happy to hear that we’re making good progress and is hopeful that we’ll be able to get this done soon because I think there is a sense of urgency,” Thune said.

But the shape and substance of that plan remain a mystery as senators have refused to share details about the negotiations publicly despite a determination to hold a vote on the bill before the Fourth of July recess – and if not by then, before the August recess a few weeks later.

Following the meeting with the president on Tuesday, Republicans sought to downplay expectations that they might finalize the bill by the end of the week. During the press conference, GOP Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell avoided answering a question about whether there would be a vote before the July Fourth recess.

“Our goal is to move forward quickly,” McConnell said.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 am

Strange how the name McConnell keeps popping up in so many country's political scene.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:47 am

Tero wrote:SENATORS to get some shit together soon
Guardian
Under the House plan, 23 million Americans would lose health insurance over the next decade
Ludicrous. Let's see how that bullshit number is calculated. "We project that under Obamacare, from its inception to the next decade, we'd insurance 50 million people who were uninsured. We project that under the Republican plan, which we haven't read, only 27 million of those will be insured at the end of the decade. Therefore 23 million will lose their insurance. It's simple maths based on models that have never been right, and data which we made up."
Tero wrote: and some of the nation’s sickest could face significantly higher premiums and out-of-pocket costs, according to an analysis by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office. The Republican plan is widely unpopular with the public, a number of surveys have shown.
It's unpopular with the public, despite the fact that nobody knows what's in it. And, now it's a problem to raise premiums, even though they've generally tripled and quadrupled over the past 5 years.
Tero wrote:
The president’s shift in tone suggests a willingness to embrace a healthcare proposal that does not go as far in rewriting the 2010 law.

“Obamacare is broken and it’s been a broken promise,” Trump told reporters at the start of the luncheon.

Trump praised the work of the senators in the room. “I really appreciate what you’re doing,” he said, “to come out with a bill that’s going to be a phenomenal bill to the people of our country: generous, kind – with heart. That’s what I’m saying.”

John Thune, a Republican senator for South Dakota who attended the meeting with Trump, said the president conveyed to the assembled group “that it’s OK that the Senate is going its own direction”.

“He was happy to hear that we’re making good progress and is hopeful that we’ll be able to get this done soon because I think there is a sense of urgency,” Thune said.

But the shape and substance of that plan remain a mystery
The shape and substance of the plan remain a mystery, which is how we know it will cost 23 million people their health insurance.
Tero wrote:
as senators have refused to share details about the negotiations publicly despite a determination to hold a vote on the bill before the Fourth of July recess – and if not by then, before the August recess a few weeks later.
Because now it's very important to vet the bill and read it before we find out what's in it. When Democrats want to pass things, we don't need to read the bill before we pass it, because we have to pass it before we find out what's in it. But, despite not having read it and despite not knowing what's in it, we were able to project that it would work as intended.

The media can be trusted to accurately report these issues, because nobody is as thorough as a modern journalist in ensuring they get the numbers and the data right.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:50 am

pErvin wrote:
Forty Two wrote:

It's not. That's why I oppose it. I'm in favor of repeal.

Obamacare did not address the sky high premiums, and in fact it made the matter worse. One of the big things in 2010 was the amount that Americans pay for health insurance and health care. Obamacare increase both of those markedly. It failed to solve the problem.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:01 pm

Because now it's very important to vet the bill and read it before we find out what's in it. When Democrats want to pass things, we don't need to read the bill before we pass it, because we have to pass it before we find out what's in it. But, despite not having read it and despite not knowing what's in it, we were able to project that it would work as intended.
We don't need to read either bill. Democrat bills give you stuff and tax the rich. Republican bills take away stuff and give oodles to the 1%.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:04 pm

Tero wrote:
We don't need to read either bill. Democrat bills give you stuff and tax the rich. Republican bills take away stuff and give oodles to the 1%.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:18 pm

Forty Two wrote:
pErvin wrote:
Forty Two wrote:

It's not. That's why I oppose it. I'm in favor of repeal.

Won't repealing just give you as a nation what you had before - i.e. Lots of people unable to get adequate healthcare?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:44 pm

Keep taxes? To pay for stuff? What a novel idea.
http://www.nydailynews.com/newswires/ne ... -1.3249948

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:21 pm

Obama unable to push single payer in 2009:
If I was starting from scratch, I would have supported a single-payer system, because it’s easier for people to understand and manage,” he told Vox in 2016. But in 2009, after a campaign built on hope and change, he was trying to build bipartisan support for his plan, and if that failed, he needed swing Democratic votes like Nebraska’s Ben Nelson and Connecticut’s Joe Lieberman — and they weren’t going to go for single-payer.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... dicare-all

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:20 pm

Tero wrote:Keep taxes? To pay for stuff? What a novel idea.
http://www.nydailynews.com/newswires/ne ... -1.3249948
Especially for the orange scrotum.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:48 pm

If they can't pay for medical help, they obviously don't deserve to live!

Parasites, these poor people! :lay:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:15 am

pErvin wrote:
Forty Two wrote:

Congressional Budget Office concluded that ACA wasn't in a 'death spiral' and that insurance premium rises were in line with rises in medical costs.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:21 am

The mega free clinics will still be very busy.

Care Harbor Los Angeles