Canadians, will you take the illegal immigrants?

Should Canada Accept Illegal Immigrants

No, immigrants should come to Canada lawfully, in compliance with Canadian law;
33%
Yes, if illegal immigrants enter Canada, they should not be deported;
50%
Tacos.
17%

Total votes: 6

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: Canadians, will you take the illegal immigrants?

Post by Hermit » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:03 am

Hermit wrote:
pErvin wrote:That he wasn't referring to all Mexicans is irrelevant.
Why not? Don't you see that labelling a subset of Mexicans as rapists means Trump is not labelling Mexicans as a rapist race?
pErvin wrote:I just fucking explained this to you.
You just did? You got nowhere near explaining how a reference to a subset of Mexicans as rapists is proof of racism. Bottom line: Trump did not describe Mexicans as a race of rapists. What he claimed was that "they" (presumably the Mexican government) sent Mexicans who are rapists across the border to the USA. His statement "when Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best" makes that pretty obvious, don't you think?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:17 am

pErvin wrote:Tyrannical's brain. Information goes in, rubbish comes out. You can't explain that..
Then you try rationalizing the whole asylum issue with Mexico and central america. It's not like Jews running away from Hitler, they are fleeing from people just like themselves, and bringing their problems here.
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:19 am

I don't need to "prove" it is racism. You said it can't be. I explained why that is retarded thinking. You are being as evasive as you possibly could be. Stop avoiding and start trying to address what is being said to you.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:28 am

Tyrannical wrote:
pErvin wrote:Tyrannical's brain. Information goes in, rubbish comes out. You can't explain that..
Then you try rationalizing the whole asylum issue with Mexico and central america. It's not like Jews running away from Hitler, they are fleeing from people just like themselves, and bringing their problems here.
Are you conflating two separate issues? Asylum, and economic migration? Either way they are moving from a place of either judicial or financial impoverishment to a place less impoverished. They aren't really running away from people. They are running away from a system.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:38 am

pErvin wrote:
Tyrannical wrote:
Are you conflating two separate issues? Asylum, and economic migration? Either way they are moving from a place of either judicial or financial impoverishment to a place less impoverished. They aren't really running away from people. They are running away from a system.
I'm speaking only of asylum, and fear of "gang violence" is the top asylum reason given. Illegal economic migrants can be automatically deported.
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:48 am

Well a breakdown in law and order is a systemic problem.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:55 am

pErvin wrote:I don't need to "prove" it is racism.
In your first post in this thread you asserted that "when your Prez calls Mexicans rapists that you (actually him) get castigated as racist assholes". It is up to you to prove that Trump referred to Mexicans as a race that rapes people.

It will be interesting how you might attempt to provide that proof, given that he was only describing the Mexicans "they" sent. Trump was obviously not referring to Mexicans as a race. He labelled a sub-group of Mexicans - those "they" sent - as rapists. Of course he was wrong. They were not sent, and the vast majority of the Mexicans who crossed into the USA is not and has never been a bunch of rapists. Still, it is up to you to explain how those mistakes amount to racism.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:00 am

It appears from a couple of posts (and this thread) in the last couple of days that you are struggling with understanding written English. I've provided reasoning for why it can be considered racist. You haven't addressed most of my points. You have proffered an empty assertion that it can't be racist, despite me showing you an analogy to help you out of the broken thinking that you seem to be suffering from. An analogy that you have failed to address a number of times now. Take your medication and get back to me if you want to have a proper debate. Until then I see no need to continue this conversation while you repeatedly ignore rebuttals to your points. Ironic that you have castigated 42 for doing just this in the last day or so. I'd suggest those in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones.
Last edited by pErvinalia on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:02 am

Forty Two wrote:Indeed, that's why the US accepts more immigrants per capita and total than any other country in the world, and we have had for decades now about 1,000,000 new immigrants AND 1,000,000 new naturalized citizens per year, on average.
You've asserted the first part ("more immigrants per capita") before without citing any sources. At the time, I asked for evidence in support, while pointing out that what I had found directly contradicts your "more immigrants per capita" line. In response, crickets. I will not be surprised if you do the same here. As long as you don't acknowledge that your bullshit has been refuted, you think you're free to repeat it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:09 am

I expect he will have one of his absences from the forum, as he's been pulled up on a couple of bullshit posts in the last day. This is usually what happens when he gets caught out bullshitting: disappear and then reappear a few days or week later and pretend like there aren't a truckload of rebuttals pointing out his lies.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:26 am

pErvin wrote:It appears from a couple of posts (and this thread) in the last couple of days that you are struggling with understanding written English. I've provided reasoning for why it can be considered racist. You haven't addressed most of my points. You have proffered an empty assertion that it can't be racist, despite me showing you an analogy to help you out of the broken thinking that you seem to be suffering from. An analogy that you have failed to address a number of times now. Take your medication and get back to me if you want to have a proper debate. Until then I see no need to continue this conversation while you repeatedly ignore rebuttals to your points. Ironic that you have castigated 42 for doing just this in the last day or so. I'd suggest those in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones.
Get back to me when you comprehend the difference between saying "Mexicans are a rapist race" and "Those Mexicans they sent across the border are rapists".

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:28 am

I comprehend it fine. I provided an analogy to help you understand why your attempt to use the difference as a reason for why it can't be racist was fallacious. This is now the third opportunity that you've had to address that and haven't. Go troll someone else.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:42 pm

pErvin wrote:It appears from a couple of posts (and this thread) in the last couple of days that you are struggling with understanding written English.
LOL, of course.... funny, everybody you talk to (if they disagree with you) has a hard time with understanding the language.
pErvin wrote: I've provided reasoning for why it can be considered racist.
Almost anything "can be" racist, depending on the intent or motive of the person involved. The key assertion here is that it was racist. Is there any proof of which you are aware that it was, in fact, racist, as opposed to mere potentially or possibly racist?
pErvin wrote: You haven't addressed most of my points. You have proffered an empty assertion that it can't be racist, despite me showing you an analogy to help you out of the broken thinking that you seem to be suffering from. An analogy that you have failed to address a number of times now. Take your medication and get back to me if you want to have a proper debate. Until then I see no need to continue this conversation while you repeatedly ignore rebuttals to your points. Ironic that you have castigated 42 for doing just this in the last day or so. I'd suggest those in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones.
Take your medication....lol...coming from you, that's hilarious.

And, oh, please...please... please discontinue your involvement in this conversation...please. It would be so much easier to actually discuss the issues if you were not peppering the thread with your usual insults and diversions.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:03 pm

I never meant to suggest it was definitively racist. I reasoned that it could be racist and that's why many people consider him racist. It's obviously impossible to "prove" whether what goes on, if anything, inside Trump's head is racist, despite Hermit and you disingenuously asking for proof. We can only make a reasoned determination from his behaviour.
Last edited by pErvinalia on Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:06 pm

pErvin wrote:Hermit and you should form a remedial reading club. I never said it was definitively racist. I reasoned that it could be racist and that's why many people consider him racist.
That and all the other shit.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.