We Need To Talk About Donald

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: We Need To Talk About Donald

Post by Forty Two » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:42 am

Green energy billionaire? He made his money as a hedge fund manager with major investments in oil and coal. He was with Farallan Capital Management, LLC, which happened to have a pipeline that was planned which would have competed against Keystone Pipeline. He's an Obama fundraiser and "bundler." Green Energy billionaire...lol... the guy founded NextGen Climate Action PAC - a political action committee. That's what he does. He's an activist now and a fundraiser for political campaigns....
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:48 am

One of Trump's own henchmen leading investigations on Russia. GTFO.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 53195cecba
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:51 am

Forty Two wrote:
Animavore wrote:
Attorney General Orders Crackdown On 'Sanctuary Cities,' Threatens Holding Funds.

The Justice Department is following through on an executive order to withhold as much as $4.1 billion in federal grants from so-called "sanctuary cities," generally defined as places where local law enforcement limit their cooperation with federal authorities on immigration enforcement.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions' appearance at the daily White House briefing is a signal that President Trump wants to move on to one of the issues he's most comfortable talking about — illegal immigration — and to shift the conversation away from health care, after his failure last week to get the GOP alternative to replace and repeal the Affordable Care Act through Congress.
http://www.npr.org/2017/03/27/521680263 ... ium=social

These people are myopic morons.
A sanctuary city is a municipal government which helps people who are violating US immigration laws by entering or remaining in the country illegally. It would be like if France had a law that said people couldn't just stay in France without a visa or other permission to remain, and then Paris made its own rule saying that anyone in France contrary to French law was fine, and they say that in Paris illegal foreign persons could reside in Paris and Paris would aid in helping them avoid deportation. Paris, would, say prohibit police from questioning people about their immigration status (which French police have the French authority to do, incidentally), and Paris would require its officials and employees to simply not cooperate with French immigration authorities.
Jeff Sessions lied to Congress under oath about his private meetings with representatives of the Russian government. Sessions' appearance at the White House briefing is a sign that Trump is intensely relaxed about the Attorney General lying to Congress and by extension the American people.

In other news....

Devin Nunes, the ranking Republican on the House Intelligence Committee and chairman of the investigation into the Trump/Russian connection, and member of Trump's transition team, told the public on Sunday that he had seen evidence of supporting the Obama wiretapping claim via a source on the 'White House grounds'. However, although he is prepared to publicly declare the existence of this evidence he has chosen not to share it with the House Intelligence Committee despite calls for him to do so. He apparently took a late night uber to the White House, alone, and subsequently reported that the evidence was in the form of 'sensitive intelligence documents' that could only be viewed at the White House. This occurred a few days after Nunes had personally briefed the President on the ongoing HIC investigation. Nunes has yet to confirm if the HCI investigation will take up Putin-paid lobbyist and former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort's offer to appear before the inquiry committee, and he has also cancelled today's highly anticipated public committee hearing.

Anyone else smell a rat?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:56 am

Smell a mischief more like.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:39 pm

Yep. Sounds like he's invented a source to politically aid Trump in getting out of his lie that Obama wire tapped him.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:57 pm

Trump team deleting scientists' data.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -citations

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:19 pm

Animavore wrote:One of Trump's own henchmen leading investigations on Russia. GTFO.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 53195cecba
Can you articulate what the accusation is about Russia and who is being accused of doing what that would constitute, if proved, a violation of the law?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:23 pm

pErvin wrote:Yep. Sounds like he's invented a source to politically aid Trump in getting out of his lie that Obama wire tapped him.
Obviously, when one refers to a President, it's generally to his Administration. I don't think anybody thinks that when you say that Nixon bugged the Watergate Hotel that he did it personally. Also, wiretapping under US federal law is a term used for general interception of not only wire, but also oral, or electronic communications. it includes any surveillance of cell phones, email, and or listening in on conversations.

I don't think it's disputed that Trump's organization was surveilled. The claim is that they were picked up "incidentally" as part of general surveillance, and not as targets themselves.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:28 pm

Forty Two wrote:
pErvin wrote:Yep. Sounds like he's invented a source to politically aid Trump in getting out of his lie that Obama wire tapped him.
Obviously, when one refers to a President, it's generally to his Administration.
When a mentally stable person does that, sure. But with Trump, who knows what's going through that bowl of jelly inside his head.
I don't think it's disputed that Trump's organization was surveilled. The claim is that they were picked up "incidentally" as part of general surveillance, and not as targets themselves.
[/quote]

Yeah, that's the claim that seems to have been invented by this bloke to distract from Trump's made up story about wire tapping. Can't believe you still support this clown. Actually, I can believe it, having seen how impervious you are to accepting you might be wrong about something.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:31 pm

Animavore wrote:Trump team deleting scientists' data.

The article is short on facts. There was a previous allegation that Trump had deleted climate change references and LGBT references from the White House web page. It turned out, Trump didn't delete anything, the entire Whitehouse.gov page was moved to Obamawhitehouse.gov on January 20, because Trump was taking over and the new administration creates its own page.

All due respect to The Guardian, if they'd set forth some concrete examples and show some information as to what, exactly, was deleted and why, that might help. Some article bemoaning the fact that she noticed some links go bad after January 20 leaves wide open the possibility that the data has not been "deleted" but has rather been effected by an overall transition issue. Or, perhaps there is some other reason.

Also, there's only one place the information was kept? Public data of absolutely crucial importance was never saved somewhere else? Come on.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:12 pm

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:19 pm

Excellent. Good work. Fantastic. Great as a means of transporting oil, and also a bit cleaner and safer than truck and train transport. Great news. Thanks for providing the link, Tero.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:02 pm

Forty Two wrote:

The article is short on facts. There was a previous allegation that Trump had deleted climate change references and LGBT references from the White House web page. It turned out, Trump didn't delete anything, the entire Whitehouse.gov page was moved to Obamawhitehouse.gov on January 20, because Trump was taking over and the new administration creates its own page.

All due respect to The Guardian, if they'd set forth some concrete examples and show some information as to what, exactly, was deleted and why, that might help. Some article bemoaning the fact that she noticed some links go bad after January 20 leaves wide open the possibility that the data has not been "deleted" but has rather been effected by an overall transition issue. Or, perhaps there is some other reason.

Also, there's only one place the information was kept? Public data of absolutely crucial importance was never saved somewhere else? Come on.
Read the article again. Some datasets for government research are no longer available via citation links because the resources have been moved or deleted by the Trump administration. Some of those resources have been independently archived, some have not.
ibid wrote:All in all, emails about defunct links of sites that weren’t saved are annoying, but harmless. Finding archived materials to replace them add maybe 20 minutes of internet searches to my day – and a bit of anger at the state of the country.

The consequences of vanishing citations, however, pose a far more serious consequence than website updates. Each defunct page is an effort by the Trump administration to deliberately undermine our ability to make good policy decisions by limiting access to scientific evidence.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:07 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Forty Two wrote:

Read the article again. Some datasets for government research are no longer available via citation links because the resources have been moved or deleted by the Trump administration. Some of those resources have been independently archived, some have not.
Well, yes, I saw that - which ones? Did anyone pick up the phone and call the relevant government office and ask why? Did the excellent and thorough investigative journalists at The Guardian track down the facts on this? O.k., ma'am, you say there were citations vanishing, which citations vanished? What websites/pages were they on? O.k. who runs that website? O.k., give me some time on it, and I'll find out what happened here. We can do a freedom of information act request, and get all the information on the information and the reasons for why it was taken down. We can call government officials and get their view on it. Has this been some mistake? Some function of the transition to a new President? Was the data moved and can be accessed elsewhere, but you haven't found the data yet? Let's get to the bottom of the case of the missing hyperlinks!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:15 pm

I guess the author of the piece, being a member of that 'glassy-eyed cult' of climate scientists, is probably just lying then. But then again, if you're someone like Jeff Sessions lying is the new truth.

Frank Zappa