The Ethics of Punching Nazis

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Re: The Ethics of Punching Nazis

Post by rainbow » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:08 am

Forty Two wrote:
pErvin wrote:Dude, don't make your grammar problems mine. Write more coherently if you want to avoid this sort of thing.
My writing was coherent. Either you have trouble reading, or you're trolling again.
The problem is, Farty, that some of what you write makes perfect sense, and then you go off on a blustering rant, at which point you lose your audience.

:smug:

You know I'm right.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:54 am

Hmm. "Was a Protester Throwing Explosives Into a Berkeley Crowd Before She Was Punched?"
While many media outlets painted a sympathetic picture of Rosealma and claimed that she had been “sucker punched” during the riot, others claimed that she was actually an instigator to the violence. A photograph purportedly showing Rosealma holding a glass bottle was circulated along with the claim that she had filled the bottle with explosives and was preparing to launch it into the crowd when Damigo stopped her:

The web site DrRichSweir.com provided this version of events:
There’s been media coverage of a woman Louise Rosealma being wrestled to the ground by a man. Rosealma was part of the Antifa group in Berkeley, California that attacked pro-Trump marchers.

Nathan Damigo, a Marine veteran who was there saw that Rosealma was putting M80 explosive devices inside glass bottles and throwing them at the pro-Trump rally marchers.

So Louise Rosealma was literally making IED’s. This makes her no better than the Boston Marathon bombers.
Although the post portrays Damigo as a veteran heroically intervening to prevent violence, his past is more complicated than that. He is the founder of a white supremacist group called Identity Evropa (which he was promoting at the event) and has served jail time for armed robbery.

Still, we found no record of Damigo claiming that he saw Rosealma putting an M80 explosive inside a glass bottle and throwing at it protesters. No quotations from Damigo were provided, nor any evidence that the bottle was actually filled with explosives. In fact, the photographic evidence does more to disprove this claim than to support it.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:24 am

The issue with that incident is who threw the first punch. Rosealma was there to take scalps, and she said so. But, that doesn't mean she deserved to get hit. She deserved to get hit if she attacked someone, and vice versa. She would be legitimately allowed to hit someone if someone attacked her. I wouldn't assume either party here was guilty. I've seen video footage, which seems inconclusive as to who was the aggressor. Perhaps both were.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:28 am

JimC wrote:
pErvin wrote:Here's how you should have written it:

Nobody, as far as I've heard, has argued that peaceful individuals of leftist, black bloc, anarchist, communist, or whatever left-wing group, should be punched for their views.

Even before correcting it for individuals i had to remove an 'or' and a comma to even make it grammatically coherent.
:nono:

:biggrin:
I'm not going to go on and on with this nonsense. If we're going to be trying to call out everyone's grammar issues, fine. I can live with that. The bottom line here is pErvin could understand what I wrote. This is just his usual tactic of derailing and trolling.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:34 am

Forty Two wrote:
JimC wrote:
pErvin wrote:Here's how you should have written it:

Nobody, as far as I've heard, has argued that peaceful individuals of leftist, black bloc, anarchist, communist, or whatever left-wing group, should be punched for their views.

Even before correcting it for individuals i had to remove an 'or' and a comma to even make it grammatically coherent.
:nono:

:biggrin:
I'm not going to go on and on with this nonsense. If we're going to be trying to call out everyone's grammar issues, fine. I can live with that. The bottom line here is pErvin could understand what I wrote. This is just his usual tactic of derailing and trolling.
God you are a fucking cry-baby.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:40 am

pErvin wrote: God, you are a fucking crybaby.
:fix:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:54 am

I dunno. Doesn't the comma mean that God is the cry baby?
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:58 am

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:45 pm

Who's "Man"?

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:01 pm

Nobody. It's an interjection.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:12 pm

You're an interjection..

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:16 pm

Indeed. You were obviously referring to me when you wrote "God."

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:30 pm

Well, you are infallible like God, apparently..

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:33 pm

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:34 pm

Forty Two wrote:Indeed. You were obviously referring to me when you wrote "God."
:funny:
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4