Democrat Rhetoric Putting Lives at Risk

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Democrat Rhetoric Putting Lives at Risk

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:53 am

Brian Peacock wrote:Didn't Trump spend four years ramping up the contumely disputing the legitimacy of Obama's presidency by questioning his citizenship? Are we to assume that we wouldn't be dealing with exactly the same thing, and probably a lot worse, if the glove was on the other hand - particularly given what Trump and supporters were saying during the campaign?
Tu quoque.

We're talking about what the Democrats are doing and saying now. So, anything else is irrelevant. :smoke:
Boston Globe: 2016/10/15 wrote:...At a time when trust in government is at a low point, Trump is actively stoking fears that a core tenet of American democracy is also in peril: that you can trust what happens at the ballot box.
But declaring the President elect illegitimate because he was installed into office by Vladimir Putin is supporting trust in government and democracy....
His supporters here said they plan to go to their local precincts to look for illegal immigrants who may attempt to vote. They are worried that Democrats will load up buses of minorities and take them to vote several times in different areas of the city. They’ve heard rumors that boxes of Clinton votes are already waiting somewhere.
Clinton operatives were caught on audio/video talking about busing people into the polls and doing whatever it takes.... they were fired as a result.

And if Trump doesn’t win, some are even openly talking about violent rebellion and assassination, as fantastical and unhinged as that may seem.
And now the Democrats are engaging in violence and talking about assassination, and planning to forcibly disrupt the inauguration. Is that "fantastical and unhinged?"

“If she’s in office, I hope we can start a coup. She should be in prison or shot. That’s how I feel about it,” Dan Bowman, a 50-year-old contractor, said of Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee. “We’re going to have a revolution and take them out of office if that’s what it takes. There’s going to be a lot of bloodshed. But that’s what it’s going to take. . . . I would do whatever I can for my country.”
Hey, does that mean the Democrats should do the same? The Democrats are all about civility and respect, right?

He then placed a Trump mask on his face and posed for pictures.

Trump’s campaign has taken a sharp turn toward such dark warnings in recent days. He says he is a victim of conspiracies, portrays himself as a martyr to the cause of the right wing, and is stoking anger in advance of what may be a defeat on Nov. 8.

Trump has suggested that the Secret Service protecting Clinton should be disarmed and “see what happens to her,” and that “Second Amendment people” could take matters into their own hands if she wins and appoints judges who support gun control....

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politi ... story.html
[/quote]

It's funny that this was "fantastical and unhinged" when Trump had little to no chance of winning. After he won, the Democrats flipped a lid.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:00 am

pErvin wrote:
Forty Two wrote: And, of course, Trump didn't mock a reporter's disability. what happened was Trump was excoriated for claiming that Muslims celebrated in Jersey City in 2001 after the towers went down. The Washington Post excoriated him for saying that untruth. Trump then pointed out that Serge Kovaleski, a Washington Post reporter, had reported on celebrations at the time. When Kovaleski was backtracking on his article, claiming that he didn't remember the details, Trump mocked that rambling backtracking.
Wow, you've really swallowed the kool-aid, haven't you? There is no universe where the actions he made were not directly mocking that guy's disability. You've really sunk to a new low. :roll:
Kovaleski is not spasmodic. He doesn't move around like that at all. Trump was saying "oh, oh, oh, I don't remember..." referring to Kovaleski's article about the celebrating Muslims. Trump has mocked Ted Cruz and others with similar movements.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:10 am

THE INAUGURAL PARADE ROUTE is 1.9 miles long. Beginning in July 2016, as preparations for the inauguration began, each part of the route was broken down into sectors, and agents were assigned to each one. “We go door to door, knocking on the doors to each building and office,” said Clancy.

Each agent asked two key questions.

“Are you having any activity on Inauguration Day? And if you are, who is coming?” said Clancy. The answers to these questions are central to making sure the environment is locked down.
It will as much of a fun rally as the Bush inauguration.

https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:29 am

Forty Two wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:Didn't Trump spend four years ramping up the contumely disputing the legitimacy of Obama's presidency by questioning his citizenship? Are we to assume that we wouldn't be dealing with exactly the same thing, and probably a lot worse, if the glove was on the other hand - particularly given what Trump and supporters were saying during the campaign?
Tu quoque.

We're talking about what the Democrats are doing and saying now. So, anything else is irrelevant. :smoke:
I just thought the holier-than-thou needed a pinch of salt. Trump has done much to stoke the fires here. I don't think that can be put aside so quickly.
42 wrote:
Boston Globe: 2016/10/15 wrote:...At a time when trust in government is at a low point, Trump is actively stoking fears that a core tenet of American democracy is also in peril: that you can trust what happens at the ballot box.
But declaring the President elect illegitimate because he was installed into office by Vladimir Putin is supporting trust in government and democracy....
His supporters here said they plan to go to their local precincts to look for illegal immigrants who may attempt to vote. They are worried that Democrats will load up buses of minorities and take them to vote several times in different areas of the city. They’ve heard rumors that boxes of Clinton votes are already waiting somewhere.
Clinton operatives were caught on audio/video talking about busing people into the polls and doing whatever it takes.... they were fired as a result.

And if Trump doesn’t win, some are even openly talking about violent rebellion and assassination, as fantastical and unhinged as that may seem.
And now the Democrats are engaging in violence and talking about assassination, and planning to forcibly disrupt the inauguration. Is that "fantastical and unhinged?"

“If she’s in office, I hope we can start a coup. She should be in prison or shot. That’s how I feel about it,” Dan Bowman, a 50-year-old contractor, said of Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee. “We’re going to have a revolution and take them out of office if that’s what it takes. There’s going to be a lot of bloodshed. But that’s what it’s going to take. . . . I would do whatever I can for my country.”
Hey, does that mean the Democrats should do the same? The Democrats are all about civility and respect, right?

He then placed a Trump mask on his face and posed for pictures.

Trump’s campaign has taken a sharp turn toward such dark warnings in recent days. He says he is a victim of conspiracies, portrays himself as a martyr to the cause of the right wing, and is stoking anger in advance of what may be a defeat on Nov. 8.

Trump has suggested that the Secret Service protecting Clinton should be disarmed and “see what happens to her,” and that “Second Amendment people” could take matters into their own hands if she wins and appoints judges who support gun control....

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politi ... story.html
It's funny that this was "fantastical and unhinged" when Trump had little to no chance of winning. After he won, the Democrats flipped a lid.
Yep, lids were flipped all round, but you can take the rest up with the Boston Globe.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:00 am

Forty Two wrote:
pErvin wrote:
Forty Two wrote: And, of course, Trump didn't mock a reporter's disability. what happened was Trump was excoriated for claiming that Muslims celebrated in Jersey City in 2001 after the towers went down. The Washington Post excoriated him for saying that untruth. Trump then pointed out that Serge Kovaleski, a Washington Post reporter, had reported on celebrations at the time. When Kovaleski was backtracking on his article, claiming that he didn't remember the details, Trump mocked that rambling backtracking.
Wow, you've really swallowed the kool-aid, haven't you? There is no universe where the actions he made were not directly mocking that guy's disability. You've really sunk to a new low. :roll:
Kovaleski is not spasmodic. He doesn't move around like that at all.
So what? Calling you gay even though you aren't gay isn't all of a sudden not degrading gay people.
Trump has mocked Ted Cruz and others with similar movements.
That just proves he's an immature idiot who degrades people with disabilities.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:44 am

Brian Peacock wrote:Oh, the MSM again. That ready-made faith-based excuse for ignoring uncomfortable truths. Lovely.

Still waiting to hear where you think we can real and proper unbiased non-MSM news from Ddd007. Any chance of letting on?
All the sites he gets his news from. You know, the ones that report the truth - like Pizzagate and the at least 47 people liberal politicians assassinated.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:41 pm

Apparently I used the wrong tags for the video in this post.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:55 am

Some 30 Jewish institutions across US targeted in second wave of bomb threats.

WASHINGTON (JTA) — Some 30 Jewish institutions in at least 17 states have received bomb threats, Jewish security officials said, in the second wave of such mass disruption in two weeks.

Paul Goldenberg, the director of Secure Community Networks — an affiliate of the Jewish federations of North America, which advises Jewish groups and institutions on security — said 30 threats were called in Wednesday to Jewish community centers. Media reported additional threats called into schools and other Jewish institutions.

“The neo-Nazi or white supremacist hate groups seem to be becoming much more vocal,” he said. “Their threats are much more specific, in some cases they’re calling for armed marches,” citing as an example a march in Whitefish, Montana, that was planned and then canceled. “In some cases, leaving very specific threats against Jewish communities — bombing threats, harassment.”

Operations at the Gordon JCC in Nashville returned to normal approximately an hour after a receptionist received a call stating that there was a bomb in the building, said Mark Freedman, executive director of the Jewish Federation of Nashville and Middle Tennessee. The threat was delivered in a woman’s voice, but it was unclear whether the call was live or recorded, he told JTA.

Freedman said the community, which was targeted in last week’s series of threats, would not be intimidated by the incidents, which he termed “telephone terrorism.”

“These people, whoever they are, that are making these threats are trying to intimidate, create anxiety and fear, and we are going to do what we have to do to ensure the safety and security of our valued members and constituents, but we are not going to give in to what they are trying to create, which is to drive us away from our valued institutions,” Freedman said.

“Clearly it’s a pattern of intimidation, and it’s likely to continue in the current atmosphere that we have in this country, where hate groups feel that they can come after good-standing members of the community.”
http://www.jta.org/2017/01/18/news-opin ... M.facebook

Whose rhetoric is responsible for this? :coffee:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:17 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Tu quoque.

I just thought the holier-than-thou needed a pinch of salt. Trump has done much to stoke the fires here. I don't think that can be put aside so quickly.
Yes, he's to blame for people threatening his life. If he pisses people off, then threats and violence are fine. If a Democrat pisses people off "angry and uncivil rhetoric has no place in civil, democratic society."

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:21 pm

Animavore wrote:
Some 30 Jewish institutions across US targeted in second wave of bomb threats.

WASHINGTON (JTA) — Some 30 Jewish institutions in at least 17 states have received bomb threats, Jewish security officials said, in the second wave of such mass disruption in two weeks.

Paul Goldenberg, the director of Secure Community Networks — an affiliate of the Jewish federations of North America, which advises Jewish groups and institutions on security — said 30 threats were called in Wednesday to Jewish community centers. Media reported additional threats called into schools and other Jewish institutions.

“The neo-Nazi or white supremacist hate groups seem to be becoming much more vocal,” he said. “Their threats are much more specific, in some cases they’re calling for armed marches,” citing as an example a march in Whitefish, Montana, that was planned and then canceled. “In some cases, leaving very specific threats against Jewish communities — bombing threats, harassment.”

Operations at the Gordon JCC in Nashville returned to normal approximately an hour after a receptionist received a call stating that there was a bomb in the building, said Mark Freedman, executive director of the Jewish Federation of Nashville and Middle Tennessee. The threat was delivered in a woman’s voice, but it was unclear whether the call was live or recorded, he told JTA.

Freedman said the community, which was targeted in last week’s series of threats, would not be intimidated by the incidents, which he termed “telephone terrorism.”

“These people, whoever they are, that are making these threats are trying to intimidate, create anxiety and fear, and we are going to do what we have to do to ensure the safety and security of our valued members and constituents, but we are not going to give in to what they are trying to create, which is to drive us away from our valued institutions,” Freedman said.

“Clearly it’s a pattern of intimidation, and it’s likely to continue in the current atmosphere that we have in this country, where hate groups feel that they can come after good-standing members of the community.”
http://www.jta.org/2017/01/18/news-opin ... M.facebook

Whose rhetoric is responsible for this? :coffee:

Probably Trump's, of course. Because he was blamed for incidents perpetrated by his supporters, and also blamed for violent riots and attacks committed by those who opposed him. Trump is always to blame because he contributes to the kind of climate that is conducive to providing tacit permission to people to commit violent acts.

When leftists burn things down ,turn over cop cars, attack police and declare opening that they wish cops to be killed, well, that's just them reacting to the climate created by Donald Trump. Likewise, when people attack Jews, even though Trump cagily expresses support for Jews and Israel, he's really inciting the "worst among us" and especially the "white nationalists" who support him to go out and do their dirty deeds....

All blame leads to Trump.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:45 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Tu quoque.

Yes, he's to blame for people threatening his life. If he pisses people off, then threats and violence are fine. If a Democrat pisses people off "angry and uncivil rhetoric has no place in civil, democratic society."
Your ironic tone doesn't alter the fact that you've not engaged with the point previously made. Trump and his campaign team have done as much to set the national political agenda as they have to define the rhetorical landscape of national politics. I'm not here to defend the Democrat party, nor am I in any way excusing either threats or manifestations of political violence, from any quarter (except perhaps in some circumstances where the general populace is cowered by the jackbooted heel of authoritarian oppression). If you can put that assumption aside perhaps we can talk about the US's political climate, its nature, its strengths and weaknesses, its problems and their possible solutions. The problems you've raised are a symptom, not a cause. My previous posts have challenged what's being characterised as specifically Democrat threats and violence and saying that it has not appeared out of left field, unbidden and without precedent.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:48 pm

The political climate hasn't changed since the summertime. What happened was, Trump won, People went nuts, and have started en masse pushing a narrative that the election of Trump has radically changed the zeitgeist of the country, such that hateful bigots and violent racists now rule the day, and roam the streets with wild abandon, chasing defenseless marginalized people into the loving embrace of safety pin wearing allies.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:08 pm

And the point I made was is that considering the political climate since the summer people would have gone just as nuts if he hadn't won - in fact Trump actively seeded the ground for this kind of nuttery in the event that he wasn't elected. People pointed this out before the election. I'm not laying the entire blame on Trump, and to assume otherwise is to ignore the point. I'm just saying Trump's organisation (him, his surrogates, his PR team, his campaign staff, etc) have been, and are, active participants and a significant contributory factor to the terms by which the US's political debate is currently taking place - including intimidation, threats, and violence.

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:56 am

Brian Peacock wrote:And the point I made was is that considering the political climate since the summer people would have gone just as nuts if he hadn't won - in fact Trump actively seeded the ground for this kind of nuttery in the event that he wasn't elected. People pointed this out before the election. I'm not laying the entire blame on Trump, and to assume otherwise is to ignore the point. I'm just saying Trump's organisation (him, his surrogates, his PR team, his campaign staff, etc) have been, and are, active participants and a significant contributory factor to the terms by which the US's political debate is currently taking place - including intimidation, threats, and violence.
:this:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:44 am

pErvin wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:And the point I made was is that considering the political climate since the summer people would have gone just as nuts if he hadn't won - in fact Trump actively seeded the ground for this kind of nuttery in the event that he wasn't elected. People pointed this out before the election. I'm not laying the entire blame on Trump, and to assume otherwise is to ignore the point. I'm just saying Trump's organisation (him, his surrogates, his PR team, his campaign staff, etc) have been, and are, active participants and a significant contributory factor to the terms by which the US's political debate is currently taking place - including intimidation, threats, and violence.

Though it shouldn't even have to be said because it's so fucking obvious :ddpan:
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.