The Hillary Thread II

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: The Hillary Thread II

Post by Forty Two » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:16 pm

Tero wrote:But Hillary is not president. Charging her or not charging her or jailing her has zero effect on the country. She is never going to be president.
A lot of subjects of conversation on this forum are not the President. There are newsworthy, political, current affairs, etc. issues that are worth talking about besides being fixated 100% on ever scoop of ice cream, blob of ketchup, or misspoken word of Donald Trump.

And, when it comes to humor, memes, jokes and insults of politicians, are we limited only to those who currently serve as President? No shortage of Nixon memes, and that guy resigned going on 50 years ago, and he's been dead for like 20. We'll still see the odd Sarah Palin meme, and the mocking of her did not stop after she and McCain lost the election. Romney still gets a jab here and there.

This white knighting of Hillary Clinton is hillaryious. What is she, some wilting flower in your estimation? She's been in politics since she was a Republican and a Goldwater Girl. AuH20!!!
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:26 pm

“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:32 pm

Forty Two wrote:I actually thought the meme was alluding to Saudi donations to the Clinton Foundation.
So, not to Hillary's election campaign, the meme was falsely and slyly implying by not mentioning "foundation".

Anyway, the Saudi Arab donations to the foundation was a mere trickle by 2014 and ceased altogether after that.

So much for a foreign power interfering in the 2016 US elections on the Democrats' side.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:39 pm

Forty Two wrote:Image
Oh! So Hillary Clinton was a "Goldwater Girl" in 1963. How old was she then? Yes - sweet 16.

By the time she was a college junior (1968) she supported Eugene McCarthy's anti Vietnam war campaign.

Nice trolling, 4.2.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:04 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:36 pm

Forty Two wrote:

I actually thought the meme was alluding to Saudi donations to the Clinton Foundation.
Certainly you would never think of white-knighting for Donald Trump. :bored:

The inability to distinguish between Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Foundation is common among Trump supporters so again, I can't really blame you, but the meme does refer to a specific claim about Hillary Clinton that was known to be false almost two years ago.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:22 pm

It’s a good thing we did not get Killary. She would be fighting Putin and Syria. Now Putin gets to mess up all on his own:
Syrian rebels just shot down a Russian Su-25 and killed the pilot on the ground

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:09 pm

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:10 pm

Tero wrote:It’s a good thing we did not get Killary. She would be fighting Putin and Syria. Now Putin gets to mess up all on his own:
Syrian rebels just shot down a Russian Su-25 and killed the pilot on the ground
....at war with Russia, like a good Progressive.

Lol

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:12 am

https://www.ac2news.com/2018/02/uranium ... -congress/

An FBI informant connected to the Uranium One controversy told three congressional committees in a written statement that Moscow routed millions of dollars to America with the expectation it would be used to benefit Bill Clinton‘s charitable efforts while Secretary of State Hillary Clinton quarterbacked a “reset” in U.S.-Russian relations.

The informant, Douglas Campbell, said in the statement obtained by The Hill that he was told by Russian nuclear executives that Moscow had hired the American lobbying firm APCO Worldwide specifically because it was in position to influence the Obama administration, and more specifically Hillary Clinton…

…Campbell added in the testimony that Russian nuclear officials “told me at various times that they expected APCO to apply a portion of the $3 million annual lobbying fee it was receiving from the Russians to provide in-kind support for the Clintons’ Global Initiative.”

“The contract called for four payments of $750,000 over twelve months. APCO was expected to give assistance free of charge to the Clinton Global Initiative as part of their effort to create a favorable environment to ensure the Obama administration made affirmative decisions on everything from Uranium One to the U.S.-Russia Civilian Nuclear Cooperation agreement.”

BUT but but Russian bots!!!!! Facebook ads are threatening our democracy!!! Lol

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:59 am

Fake news. Hillary not president. Lock her up, all the same.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:53 am

Tero wrote:Fake news. Hillary not president. Lock her up, all the same.
[/thread]
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:27 am

It's amazing that donations to the Clinton Global Initiative were able to convince all nine members of the Committee on Foreign Investments in the United States to approve the sale of Uranium One. Especially given that Clinton was never directly involved in any Committee on Foreign Investments in the United States matters according to Jose Fernandez, the former assistant secretary of state who represented the Department of State on the committee at the time.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:39 pm

http://www.newsweek.com/russia-routed-m ... ess-801686
Moscow routed millions of dollars to the U.S. expecting the funds would benefit ex-President Bill Clinton’s charitable initiative while his wife, Hillary Clinton, worked to reset relations with Russia, an FBI informant in an Obama administration-era uranium deal stated.

In a written statement to three congressional committees, informant Douglas Campbell said Russian nuclear executives told him that Moscow hired American lobbying firm APCO Worldwide to influence Hillary Clinton, then secretary of state, among others in the Obama administration, The Hill reported on Wednesday.

Campbell said Russian nuclear officials expected APCO to apply its $3 million annual lobbying fee from Moscow toward the Clintons’ Global Initiative. The contract detailed four $750,000 payments over a year’s time.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:53 pm

But Trump’s pee pee tapes!